BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Wow thank you for your fast reply! Sorry for what happened. I will no longer go to Beverly hills since my mom didn't like how expensive it is. We will be doing it together. I am now going to do it in Houston, TX. Does anybody have any suggestions? I've been researching a lot of ethnic rhinoplasty doctors and their before and after. Real self website has been a great help. Because of this forum and real self, I have an understanding of what I want.

Mine will be in December which is far away from now (wish I can do it sooner but cant). I am going to document my journey in pictures to share though.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, I will need to do hump correction, tipplasty and alar reduction. As for nose bridge, I am still deciding if i should be using silicone or not getting my nose bridge done at all. I think i will consult banobagi and april31 before making my decision on getting the close or open surgery method. Thanks for such a detailed and informative reply! (:

Hi guys, I am planning to go korea around August for my surgery.

I was wondering if you anyone can tell me their rhinoplasty experience with Banobagi or Regen. There was a few Banobagi experiences posted in this forum, so im swinging towards Banobagi at the moment but im pretty much clueless about Regen and dont know what to expect at all from there.

Also, do you guys think its weird for a guy to get a Rhinoplasty?

It's by no means weird. Don't be caught up in what other people think. What you choose to do with your body and life is your business (for the most part :biggrin:). The most important thing is that you're doing it for yourself and not for anybody else. And, to quote the cheesy Cinderella movie that just came out, "have courage and be kind".

When performing an osteotomy, it seems like the bone is broken where the nose bridge meets the cheek. If the bridge is made narrower, wouldn't that leave a gap between the bridge and cheek? I don't understand what holds the side wall of the nose bridge in place.

JK is on my list for consultations. From my research, the Dr. who this place is named for (J.K... I don't remember spelling off the top of my head, but if you look at the website, he's listed first) was THE doctor who wrote (one of the first, if not the very first) textbook on Asian Rhinoplasty -- the textbook used for training doctors on how to perform nose procedures on Asians. They also have a medical/hotel onsite, and is a one stop full service hospital grade facility. I also saw a full hour US news segment (Nightline) where they followed some Californian woman's journey there (she was a previously abused wife who suffered from broken jaw and nose or whatever from her ex husband, and decided to get PS to empower herself and write a new chapter to her life), I was so sure this was going to be the place I get PS at (bc it also won government awards for being 'best service for foreigners' two years in a row) but then I discovered more places that were pretty impressive too lol. But I was and stilll am impressed with the info. I came across my research on JK... they also have teams of doctor do pro bono work in developing countries (for those with cleft issues) (but now come to think of it, that's also a great win/win for them -- doctor's in training gains more experience, and locals in poor / third world countries get a free procedure). They also hold training programs for doctors in any other countries that wants to learn Asian rhinoplasty and other procedures at their Korea location.

The only 'iffy' part I have is that, Dr. JK himself is no longer performing operations (b/c he's taking care of the business and programming aspects of the institution), so the doctor's performing the surgeries, while trained in JK's methods, could still be "just" trainees... and I wouldn't be sure of their credentials, until/unless I go for a consult and actually meet the doctor who will be assigned to my case. (Bc when I contacted them to schedule a consult appt., I asked something like 'who's your most senior rhinoplasty expert?' and the response I got was something like 'our doctors are all experts ;)'... okkkkkk....)

@Lovetravel, can you share your experience about how they went about assigning you a doctor? Where you able to select another one if you wanted to?

Glam glow youth mud. Adding it to my "to get" list now! How long after procedure can I start using it? Okay if I avoid stitched area (I'm thinking most likely I'll be getting an open rhino procedure, so they can customize-ingly remove the fatty tissues on the sides of my bridge & top of my alars) and slap on the mud on top? My T zone oil production is already enough to attract George Bush and Halliburton, I want to make sure there's no oil spills after the rhino hahaha

it will not look shine with the implant is the lighting effect

1st - if you want your tip to look shape, yes filler can help
2nd - u can touch up the bridge with filler later.
3rd - note the filler on nose u can't expect to have a good enhancement result
4th - when filler inject different time the wear off duration will be different which mean the result will be different from months (nose will look nice on the month as time go by the nose look different) and dr cant inject the same point of dose during the re-touch up
5th - yes in the market there is permanent filler but i don't advise as worry filler "liquid" may also cause infection too whereas implant can be remove

How did you guys choose what size (height and width) and mm to get for your bridge implants?

Did you just go with whatever the surgeon recommended for your face?

I've been told by some surgeons I only need 2 mm and by others that I need 3.5.... How did you guys figure out what would look good on your face?

And do you get to choose the width, as well? (I don't want a bridge that's too narrow / fake looking for my face)

So many decisions!