BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I'm going to get a consultation with doctor Etai Funk in Houston next month. This is his website and I like the results from the ethnic rhinoplasty section:
http://www.funkfacialplastics.com/ethnic-rhinoplasty/

What do you guys think?

I'm planning to use rib. I want a higher bridge but not too high like Caucasian nose bridges, just high enough for my face. A defined tip and a alar base reduction.

I can't wait to get this done and document my journey to post it here on this forum!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you feel that you are attractive, then maybe you shouldn't do it. But I do understand wanting to be prettier. To avoid sounding overtly cocky, I never had difficulty getting men, and I think the whole thing of getting plastic surgery for yourself is bull **** because you ultimately want to look pretty for someone (or society). Society is the entity that dictates who is pretty. If your self-confidence is low, plastic surgery is just a temporary fix. You will feel happy for a short time, but then you will continue wanting more procedures unless you have a really strong mind, well from my experience at least.

I did get immediate satisfaction and I think i became more attractive, but that only lasted about for a couple years. Most people didn't even know I got something done actually since I am around a lot of non-Asians. I still haven't gotten a revision because I'm deathly scared. I think no matter how good your surgeon is, you will have to get it done later down the road. I have found that plastic surgery does not age well, and maintenance is a must. If you can accept this, then I would say go for it. I'm sorry if I sound negative to readers. But after having gotten my nose done 6 years ago, I would say in my pov, just be happy with what you got if you are already pretty.

rhinoplasty has the highest revision rate. The reasons could range from:

1. botched surgery
Extrusions, severe deviation, infections. This is relating to the poor skill of the surgeon

2. unrealistic expectations of the patient
Stop showing plastic surgeons pics of celebrities and asking for that nose. Doing so is beyond foolish. You can only enhance your own nose, not obtain someone else's. Surgeons will often just nod and tell you, yes we can get it close to it, thus feeding the unrealistic expectations

3. mild imperfections
Patients may want their nose a bit higher or feel their nose is too high or tip not projected enough

4. Inadequate communication.
This point is directly related to point number 2 and 3. Never ever assume your surgeon knows that you want. Your perception of natural and his perception of natural may be completely different. Your perception of "high" or "sharp" may be completely different to his ideal. The most accurate way of conveying your desires is to

a) Photoshop yourself in a REALISTIC MANNER

and

b) Using intelligent language to cover any discrepancies.
For example, when I wanted a defined and sharp tip. I won't just say I want a defined nose or I want a sharp nose. I would say "I would like you to maximise my tip projection to the degree which my pre existing nose structure allows". This statement itself covers 2 important key points: aesthetic and health related concerns. That is, I want a sharp projected tip without risk of damaging my tissues. Using this kind of language along with photoshopped pictures is the most accurate way to convey your desires to the surgeon. To add, if you are well researched, you can also tell the surgeon the method you want to achieve to maximum tip projection. In my case I requested a shield graft plus alloderm to lower the collumela to obtain the ideal 3 point structural ratio of collumela : alar : frontal tip projection. Note that this method works for my nose structure, but may not be suitable for everyone else.

if something goes wrong in Korea you may wake up on a flight home, disfigured and in a lot of pain. The emergency resources in the UK and Germany seem a little safer to me. Just my opinion, Good luck.

Yes, I did! I had a droopy nose with a hump and I was okay with the height of my nose, so I had my hump shaved down, an osteotomy instead of placing an implant so that I wouldn't have open roof deformity and tip-plasty to give my nose a slope and lift up my droopy tip.

@ K Couture:

Thanks for the very detailed post u last published. I wish more people who go for nose jobs are more well informed about the risks involved, especially when making requests to the doctors. I'm personally very touched by how much effort u out into raising awareness about PS. ;)

Seems like the more clinics I ask the more complicated and expensive the procedures are. I first asked TL and The Line and they gave me a price for simple rhinoplasty and alar reduction; when I asked other clinics like Grand, Wonjin, and Cinderella they recommend the same procedures but sometimes more and they charge more too. Any ideas of what I should do? Or is it best to pay them all a visit

dont go to both Grand and Wonjin
they are banned among the forumers here
their review are really bad ,grand is the one that got so many complains!!(according to what i had read in this forum b4)

Yeah it seems that way. I'm also looking at JW and Dream. Right now from price and reputation I'm leaning towards JW and The Line (though TLPS was the cheapest)

I really want the ID Hospitals "Barbie" nose!!!

What do you guys think of the "Barbie nose"

I´m going to Korea september 2016 to get double eyelids and a nose job!

Clinics I´m interested in is:
1. ID
2. BK
3. HYUNDAIMIHAK

What do you guys think of HYUNDAIMIHAK? I have not heard a lot about that clinic...

Does anyone here did rhinoplastry with other surgeons in Dream Medical before? I was told that Dr Park only does close rhinoplasty and in an event whereby I am not allowed to do close rhinoplastyy, I will need to get it done with other surgeons (Dr Jeong or Dr Cho). Any reviews on these other 2 doctors?