BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums but I have my surgery booked in late November just doing some last minute research. I'm located in Australia and have thought of traveling to Korea for surgery but there isnt a big price difference since the AUD is fairing badly against USD I'm going to travel interstate instead.

I have a few questions, advice would be much appreciated!

1. My nose is aesthetically pleasing and is attractive on Asian standards. However I have a small hump I would like to reduce, I'm not happy with my side profile.
The surgeon said he will use a MEDPOR dorsal implant (4mm). Is that classified as a high implant that will result in a augmented look?
Also, by adding a bridge implant, can I also improve the shape of my nose tip? He didn't recommend tip plasty because my nose has a decent shape already. I'm worried that if I don't fix everything during the surgery I would need revision in the future. If the nose tip isn't augmented would it droop because there is a height difference from the bridge?
2. I am traveling interstate for surgery for 5 nights, for those who have had surgery, how presentable did you look around 5-6 days post op? How long was your recovery?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4mm is considered high for an implant.

The bridge implant will not change the tip. There could be a step down from the implant, yes, but it might not be obvious. If your tip is otherwise fine you probably don't need to worry. Some doctors like to put cartilege at the tip (rather than implant).

5 days post-op you are still usually quite a mess. You may even find you get swelling in the eyes and around your nose than hangs around for a week or 2. Do you know when you'll have your cast / tape taken off?

Omg I feel so silly not asking about it during my consultation but honestly it didnt cross my mind since my main concerns were not improving the finer details of my nose other than making the bridge more streamlined. Yes my nose tip is fairly pointy and refined so I hope the surgeon doesn't have to do much to it, I don't want to look overly plastic.

It's so strange but my surgeon said I won't need a splint...I can travel on a plane back home (1 hour flight) after 2 nights ! He didn't even mention if I need a second visit to remove stitches. Perhaps I will send an email to clarify. I was told there wouldn't be much bruising because I don't need my nose bones to be broken. The recovery process sounds too good to be true so I'm super confused and doubtful :/

I've noticed that adding to the bridge and not touching the tip ends up looking like a beak. I think it would be a good idea to get the tip done too since the proportions won't be the same after the bridge aug.

New to the forums :smile:

I've been doing a ton of research for my nose but, I still can't find a good clinic...
I initially went to Korea a couple months ago (ITEM, TLPS, Belita, Aone, BANOBAGI) but, I didn't like most of the results and majority of them all wanted to do big changes.

Overall, I do like my nose. It's pretty defined but, my main concern is finesse? I want minor tweaking that won't jeopardize the integrity of the entire nose but, to give it a sleeker look. (I probably make no sense right now... cheers~) I like how A-list Korean celebs get minor surgeries but, they end up looking really polished? That's the type of nose job that I'm looking for.

Anyone have good results with minor tweaking? Any suggestions?

I'll be going back to Korea this December to look into forehead implants and hairline reshaping while I'm at it.

By the way, I don't recommend Aone. Dr. Kwon wanted to do a brow lift, cantho... all together with a ridiculous surgical plan for my nose. When I expressed that I had no intentions to get the above, his demeanor quickly become sour and dismissive.

it depends what type of nose you currently have tho. Often people who do minor tweaking who do not have nice defined noses are not satisfied after.

Koreasauraus is one of those who did minor adjustments to her nose and looks absolutely beautiful. She had a really really nice nose to begin with so it was just a subtle enhancement. She did hers at JW

Most definitely! Must consider what you have first. With that, I think my nose is a "good" shape? I've gotten compliments on it a lot and I think it's because of this that I've grown a complex over it. It's sort of complicated actually. My friends and family would always say that I had a "buh sun ko" which is slightly upturned? But, at the same time it's slightly boxy... It reminds me of Adrianna Lima's pug-like nose... and in no way am I saying she looks bad, she's stunning... it's just her nose that looks funny to me... Anyhow, I started to notice my nose more and then I became self conscious about it because one day this girl said I had a pug nose and it's been drilled into my brain. I know, it sounds really dumb but, it's gotten to me over the years :/

And thanks for the tip~ BTW, I really like your review with Dream clinic and your other posts. They're very informative and helpful :heart:

maybe all you need is some minor tipplasty then. If your nose is short then SEG and if your nose is boxy then bulbous excision. But boxy depends if you have a typical asian nose that is fleshy with fatty tissue or if yours is due to cartilage, in which case then the clamping or suture method is used.

Sorry, I'm still fresh with rhinoplasty terms. What's SEG?

I don't think it's fleshy or fatty? I can see the outlines of my cartilage showing through. This also bothers me. And oddly, it's not short. Maybe I have a complicated nose to work with than I initially thought...?

The Korean doctors wanted to do an implant and then suture work at the tip. I didn't mind the sutures but, I didn't want the implant but, it seems almost standard that they throw in an implant with any nose work. The American doctors only mentioned some ear cartilage for the supra tip curve and then cutting the cartilage and suturing to pull the cartilages together. My issue is that I don't trust American doctors in cutting my cartilage. I fear I might end up with a very pointy, thin nose :/

Maybe the implant won't be so bad? I got to feel a small type and it was very soft.

Not sure if this helps but, I'm mixed so, my nose doesn't look too White or too Asian?

BTW, I'm mentioning the tip a lot because I plan on having my forehead done too. The Korean doctors said that augmenting the forehead would need me to augment the bridge anyways so that it balances the profile. The main reason I wanted to augment my forehead (in the first place) was to balance out how far my tip projected and rotated so... I'm still not 100% sure why I would need to augment my bridge?

Not a silly question. They definitely do this with filler (and it works!)

I don't see why they couldn't do the same thing with FG. I'd be interested to know if you find a doctor who can do it:smile:

SEG is septal graft extension. For people with short noses and require lengthening.

I had a friend who went to Tokyo to do her nose. She didn't have a fleshy nose either just wide cartilage so they did tiplasty (no implant in the bridge) with clamping and suturing to make the tip more narrow and pointed. It was subtle but noticable at the same time.

Because of the ratio of the mid facial regions, forehead augmentation for people with low bridges can make the bridge look lower due to the change in facial dimensions. However, if ure bridge is of decent height to begin with then you wouldnt need to worry about augmenting the bridge to match with the forehead fat graft.

Hm, the doctors I saw didn't like that I brought pictures... even though I told them I didn't want that exact nose, I was only using them as a reference.