BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I am really sorry to hear about this. I was considering JW but I may thinking about it again as I am considering multiple clinics.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for some advice regarding who to go to for my revision rhinoplasty. Basically, I have boiled it down to two options:

1) Dr Chuang of Wish Clinic (160000 NTD). He has recommended Gore-Tex as it is more customizable, but the downside is that there is a higher chance of infection (8-10% according to him). I have asked Dr Chuang about using rib instead, but he says still prefers Gore-Tex as rib cartilage might not provide sufficient augmentation.

2) Dr Chiu of Fabulous Clinic (180000 NTD). On the other hand, Dr Chiu recommends going with rib cartilage instead. Using an autologous material appeals to me due to the very low risk of infection, but I've seen posts here advising against using rib.

I've also consulted with Dr Kao and Dr Hsu, and they've both recommended rib cartilage. I would honestly love to go with Dr Kao, but he is so extremely expensive. Anyway, I'm personally leaning towards Dr Chuang because I get to avoid the recovery from a rib harvest, but the high risk of infection makes me rather hesitant. Also, Dr Chiu has some really amazing before and afters (http://www.fabulous-clinic.com/cases/720). Gah, if only it were easier to decide.

So yeah, for those who have more knowledge on nose jobs, any input as to which surgeon I should go with? Your advice will be very much appreciated! :smile:

I have the same question. I wondered how much projection a shield graft can add to a nose tip as I see most people just have a cap/ onlay graft. Is it more difficult to make a shield graft?

It depends on the size of the graft. I have a shield graft and it added ummmm 1mm? But that plus the septal strut added together gives it more than enough projection. The graft s usually for more definition than projection tho. For example, you can have a projected tip that is still rounded. Adding a graft be it cap or shield will define the shape to an extent

Thank you for replying! As the graft is fixed at the base of the columella, do you feel it when you touch your tip?

Is dermal graft the same as articifal dermis? Sorry for sounding completely off. One clinic told me that the tip skin seems thin (it is since my implant on the tip shifted). I like high noses with defined tip so im going to get implant again but unsure what i should have on my tip and would prefer something that's more or less permanent

Isn't that the standard? I guess septal graft etc is all dermal graft. You had a silicon implant previously?

yes soft silicone, it extruded so my nose tip is quite thin. do you have implant? was a bit confused with all the names and wanted to make sure just in case. now i just need to figure which material will not absorb too quickly

if they suggested it to you alongside artificial dermis, they probably are referring to a dermis autograft, which is a layer of dermal skin/fat. like "artificial" dermis, which is an allograft of donated dermis. i've read that dermis autograft tends to not be as "defined" looking too, though i don't have any experience with it myself though :smile: x.

thank you, appreciated! Ill look into it. I meant defined as in a defined tip (ugh yes i make sense lol) and not a soft tip or how i should call it since i like noses with definition and you see it especially on many caucasians

yes, you make sense! haha. i don't think I made too much sense. I meant, people who have had autografted dermis on their nose bridge say it looks a softer and less defined than other materials. it seems that using dermis to thicken the skin would give you a softer looking tip, as it would be adding more soft tissue, which is what is usually removed to make a more defined tip. if it's necessary for your thinned skin though? :/

also, since it's dermal fat, it's probably less than permanent. not sure what that would mean aesthetically and structurally

On
L Shape tip ranks as the most pointy haha. Most even say it's artificial.