BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I should not hav got the genioplasty n fat graft though. Partly i was rushed into it. But had i know the pain, i would neverrrr have done it. For those of u who had genioplasty, how long did it take for the big swelling to go down? Right now its swelled down to my neck. I have double chin now :sad: im worried the procedure had damaged my muscle nerve or something, cos i read that that could happen...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I just saw that too! Strange tho... Still makes me feel a bit hmmn about dr jung now.
I know it was a scam but it was still odd...

I would say wait a week to see the swelling reduced. I know that Kain member also had genioplasty and in his album 7days post op he looks fine.

But also everyone heals differently and 2days post op is way to early tobsee the real results. Full results take 6months to 1year to full deswell!! Just be patient and I am sure you will be fine :smile:

Can I ask how much it cost altogether?? How was the overall experience?
Whats genioplasty like as I am considering this surgery as well??

To kain, do u feel like u have a double chin post op 2-3 days? Im freaking out :sad: i never should have gotten it. I dont think my chin was that bad to begin with. Its post op day 3 now n i think the swelling had peaked. Feels like my face is longer :sad:(

Hi Mary,

Don't freak out. I didn't have genioplasty but I had jowls for a good 4-5 days from the rib rhinoplasty itself. So there is definitely is a lot of swelling going on, and it isn't permanent. Try to eat pineapples if you can.

Hello everyone. I just found this forum not too long ago while searching "Asian Nose Jobs". I am also really wanting to get rhinoplasty as well as blepharoplasty. The main question I have is: How is it cheaper to have it done in Korea than in the US? It seems like it would cost more with the airline ticket and hotel stay plus the surgery. Or is it just better since it'll be asian surgeons working on an asian face?

Also, has anyone been to Dr. Charles Lee in LA? (http://www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com/) Is he any good? Or what about Dr. Kenneth Kim? (http://www.drkennethkim.com/)

Hey Ferlina,
I haven't booked my flight yet but i'm thinking on staying from April 25th-may8th!
Are you travelling alone and where are you coming from?
We should definately meet up!

I think most people decide to go to Korea because asian doctors are more knowledgeable about asian faces.

I removed my cast today. I'm still swollen so it's hard to tell what my final results will be and I know that with rib, I have to be patient since it will take time for the swelling to go down. Overall, I'm happy with my experience at vip. The aftercare has been wonderful and I got to see either Dr. Lee or Dr. Song everyday for a check-up.

Congrats. Speedy recovery. Do you know how many days post op will they remove the sutures? Are you staying at the officetel? Does it have sufficient air conditioner? Is it a suite or do you get just a room w/o an attached bathroom? Is it free of charge? Thanks.

Personally, for me, i would NOT go through multi surgeries again. I would just do the nose first and see the result first before thinking about another thing. Cos u know, like they say, one thing changes everything bout the face.

I think they really busy now, another person had surgery like...maybe 3 hours after me. So im not sure how he performed 3 procedures on me in just that time. I would say make sure the dr understands everything before surgery.

I hope the double chin is the swelling though....and not long term side effect!!

Thanks. In my case, they removed the sutures on the 4th day post-op. The officetel has a heater and an air conditioner. It's a studio which includes a bath. It's free of charge but you have to book early cuz they get a lot of foreign patients.

for my nose, dr kao used rib cartilage at the dorsum ( bridge ) and ear cartilage at the nose tip. i saw intraoperative photos of myself and i noted that my rib graft was much shorter than my extracted silicone implant. the ear cartilage at the tip is quite apparent.

kain, i thought you did ear cartilage at the tip too and it resorbed? i hope mine can resorb more as my tip is abit too projected.

my ear cartilage was covered with perichondrium to reduce visibility and avoid resorption. my nose was also lengthened using caudal septal extension graft and columella plumped using columella plumping graft.

my nose is ( at front view ) a fair bit more swollen now compared to post-op day 6, i guess because i live in a hot and humid country. trying to stay in aircon room whole day now..

surprisingly my rib and ear did not hurt at all. a friend of mine who did rib with kao, had a bit of soreness at his rib area, but i did not feel any soreness.