BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

After 2 surgeries in the USA...my nose looks even uglier than the nose I was born with...my nose is off to the side now and it wasn't noticeable before surgery. And it is constantly swollen at the tip. Makes me feel like a piggy bull clown. WTF.

I want to cry everytime I look at my nose. I think cutting my nose off would even look better, to be honest, since my other pretty features will take over. My nose is my most prominent feature cause it is so wide! I have the ugliest nose ever. I really care less about the height than I do the width. It just looks like a blob of fat in the middle of my face! I really think my face shape looks rounder because of my nose too. If I had a narrow, refined nose, then my face shape will look less round and more chiseled.

I really don't know which doctor to go to and whether I should have GORTEX or RIB. Everything has their bad points. I'm not sure which doctor nor which country to do it in either. I think I would like Dr. Wang or a doctor in Thailand (no silicone!) Maybe Japan.

Sooo hard to choose!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so sorry to hear that. So which surgeons have done your nose in the State?
I'm also thinking about going to Seoul or may be having Rhinoplasty at Dr. Kenneth Kim from Korea in L.A. Do u have ant thought about going to Korea?

Hey, same situation here. These clinics u mentioned are all my favorites, don't know which one to choose or just doing it here in the State with the doctor from Korea...

After reading thru most of the thread im really considering Dr Wang Ting, I also looked thru many korean clinics but most of them do I siliconee+ear cartilage, a friend did rib cartilage at VIP but she wasnt happy with it, plus its a bit too expensive for me at about 9k usd I previously had rhino in a clinic in TW using L-shape silicone 2 years ago, my nose looks a bit assymetric and fake and the implant pushed my tip nose cartilage out, now i hae a bump there and it hurts a bit... Im going to get my revision in mid june anyone planning to have theirs around that time? Or wanna discuss about Dr WT pls add my msn [email protected], i still cant use pm yet, btw im from Toronto

Hi. I am having rhinoplasty and maybe jaw surgery too. I am not sure which clinic yet. Are you in Korea at the same time?

so i'm at two months post-op from VIP and the bridge feels more solid but recently noticed the columnella base is flexible side to side so that when i move my nose with my face to the side it "clicks" out of place and then back. this bothers me, and i'm wondering if a piece of cartilage broke at the base? the muscle above the lip was cut to keep the tip from drooping, and it still feels strange between my nose and upper lip. there's no pain though. arghh

You mean twitching your nose back and fourth? I'm doing that right now, though I have to do it rather hard and it also "clicks," this is with my normal nose :P I don't think you have anything to worry about.

This sounds odd.. mine doesn't click even if I move it with my fingers. You should ask the doctor.

Are you a male or female? How are you liking your new nose other than the click? VIP is on my short list. Is it safe to assume the tip of your new nose isn't as rigid as people think it would be with rib rhino? Mind sharing B&A pics? [email protected]. Thanks!

before the surgery i was really scared that i would wake up in the middle of the operation and then hear them cut open my nose or smth... however,, as soon as the nurse told me to go to slp after she put the IV drip,,,the next thing i knew I was out of the operating room already :P Removing the stitches doesn't really hurt either just slightly uncomfortable

i wanted to do alar reduction, tip plasty, and raise my bridge a tiny little bit... i don't want anything tooo unnatural
he pointed out i have a slightly deviated bridge.. i didn't even notice it until he pointed it out!
he also suggested that I narrow my bridge and lengthen my tip a little bit

Hey Diorlover, congrats !! U still in Korea? Do u want to meet up for some food n sightseeing? I just got my nose surgery yesterday, it's still bleeding, so right now I may not do lots of walking, but I'm planning to watch Sachoom or Nanta performance tonight or tomorrow. Hit me back if ur interested.?

blueNviolet - where did you end up going for your rhinoplasty?

Does anyone know why most clinics in korea are recommending silicone as the best and most effective option for increasing the height of nasal bridge?

I have been doing some research on the different types of implants and medical articles have stated that the complication rate for silicone is higher than using your own cartilage. I know a lot of people on this forum have also said rib rhinoplasty is the best.

So now I am quite confused on what type of implant to go for. Any advice?

I have the same problem, a big fat bulbous nose and considering Wang ting in china since he had a lot of pics of patients with bulbous nose and they turned out great. His pics look consistent too. I'm trying to go toward end of the summer or next month. Email me if you are interested ..since we have same issue with out nose maybe we can Help each other [email protected] ..which doctors did u go to in the US?

Hi, I'm going through the exact thing as you are now.
I specifically mentioned to my dr that i wanted a smaller nose and that height didn't matter. But he kept insisting that I'd have to have implants put in for it to be possible so I went ahead with his suggestion.
Now, I'm stuck with a huge, manly nose ( at least before it was small and round, now it's huge and big) It's taken over my whole face, I really don't know how to explain but it's just like the first thing I see when I look in the mirror.

When asked, the dr said it's still swollen so I'll have to wait at least 3-4 months to really see the results. No matter what, I think it'll still be huge cuz I'm mostly deswelled already. So another 10-20% at most which is not much. I really dont know what to do anymore. But I'd def seriously consider japan too.