• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it all depends on the person

some people use silicone and it last them for 10-20 years

others might not be so lucky

if u use rib i think the chance of needing revision is lower

Can you give me your e-mail address then ? :smile:

Doing more research on issues with silicone implants, now I am getting more scared lol... I don't want continuing revision. I don't want infection. I don't want it to shift or droop. I don't want it to stick out weird and look obvious or threaten to emerge from the thin nose skin. Did I mention I really don't want to do revisions? haha...

Someone please reassure me? :Push: :shucks:

i feel ya! lol

cant reassure u but i am going thru the exact same thing

having been thru 2 revision surgeries for something else i can tell ya revisions r such a toll emotionally and financially!

arghhh silicone or rib... what to do!?!

Hey, I'm interested in dr wang too..you should email him..he's pretty responsive. When are you looking to go?

To juboozi or anyone else who has info on dermis grafts:

Which clinics do this procedure?
Can you use them on your forehead and temples/brows(instead of fat grafting)?

And just to throw this out there......have they started doing muscle grafts for cosmetic purposes? lol I am thinking it would be nice to have muscle graft so that muscle that lifts my brows is stronger. Wouldn't mind having more of a strong look to my brow area. I tried botox once, it lifted my brows but made my eye lids kinda droopy. :P

If anyone intends to have their surgeries in Los Angeles, do not go to Dr Charles Lee. Personally I think he's not an honest man. He kept information from me concerning the safety issues of a procedure I had done with him. I had to find out from another doctor later. Also needs mentioning, his bedside manner was awful. I really regret seeing him, he came off as cold and callous, not to mention, a liar as I later found out.

Another thing, he is not very good at explaining things. I don't know whether he just has an impatient temperament and did not care enough to answer questions or if he did not have enough information to answer so he was acting impatient. Just stay away from Charles Lee. There are many other Asian plastic surgeons in Beverly hills, and Los Angeles areas if that's where you want to have your work done. Go to Kenneth Kim or Eugene Kim or any other one. You will be much happier that you did. Dr Lee invest a lot on advertising but he really needs to invest more on bedside manners and moral integrity! Finding a caring plastic surgeon is so important, especially now a days where there's so many of them and they care more about competing with each other rather than focusing on patients' needs.

I was going through the implant phase all week...silicone or rib, gortex or Etc.
I have read numerous rhinoplasty revision with silicone after a few years. But than again there are a few that last for decades.
I want a life time source.
Rhino rib procedures are 2x or more than the price of a silicone and will take the longest to recover.
According to member Kain which went with VIP rib procedure. He said when ever he smiles, eats or laugh his nose don't move.

Still 6 months to decide. Any members here with silicone still good after 5-8 years? I really don't want to use my own ribs...unless they grow back which I Highely doubt.

P.s. if your are not aware. Purchasing plane tickets on tuesday evening would be the best time to buy. I have worked in the airline business for 16 years.

Nov. 26 for me anyone else is welcome to join. I am fluent in Chinese cantonese and a bit of manderine if English is a no no.

Hey sorry I don't actually know much about dermis graft for face
Only did a bit of research on dermis graft for nose bridge - it has a high absorption rate n looks more 'blunt' than silicone or rib
So doubt I will be going for dermis

Thanx for the airfare tip! Did not know that :smile: