BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm pretty much stuck between gortex or rib. Unless there is some other unheard-of material that is better than both of these. Rib will hurt. A lot of people who has used rib said that while it was healing, that hurt a lot more than their nose did. I'm sure it would because I have had 2 surgeries so far and my nose didn't really "hurt" while it was healing, it was more like I felt lots of pressure in my nose during the healing stages. Although the silicone from the first surgery did hurt periodically when I touch it too much....that was mostly after it was done healing.

I hate extensive surgery, but if that's the only way, then I'm willing to risk it for a permanent change.

I'm unfortunately one of those Asians who couldn't tolerate the silicone. I mean, it did not extrude yet, but looked really shiny on my nose. I don't know if that was because it was too big or not though. The tip felt really hard though and it shifted to the right and drooped over time. The main reason I even got an implant was because it would apparently make my wide nose look narrower...it did, only a little! I thought having a higher bridge was somewhat of a bonus. Now I know that having a too-high bridge isn't nice either since a lot of white people complain that their bridge is too big. I found that out the hard way as the doctor gave me a very bulky bridge the first time around.

Any know know if Dr. Wang (or any other doctor) "de-fats" the skin of the nasal tip before reshaping? I have very thick fatty tissue there and both doctors that operated on me ignored that issue which I feel really masks any dramatic change on my blobby nose.

Also, is anyone here or anyone know anyone that was a patient of Dr. Wang with good results over a course of a few years? I mean, a nose can look good for a few months- 1 year after it heals, but then it may go bad. I'm looking for a permanent change and I read that Dr. Wang usually over-exaggerates the bridge/nose to compensate for resorption of rib. So I don't know how that turns out for patients or whether it is an effective method?

Also, does he speak really good English?

I mean, you can write decent/good English, but speaking fluency is a whole different ball game.

I think you'll look really pretty if you augmented your bridge. You already have a nice face shape and pretty eyes. If you augment your bridge, it'll also bring your eyes closer together, which in my opinion will further enhance your appearance. I don't know if you've researched different materials for augmenting your nose, but I think rib will be a good choice for you because your nose is pretty low to begin with and rib can give a lot of augmentation. You can also augment your nose with silicone or Gore-tex of course, but from my understanding the greater amount of augmentation you receive with a foreign material, the higher the likelihood of extrusion. If I could, I'd use rib because after all it's your own tissue, but my pre-op nose was already somewhat high so I didn't want to end up with a nose that was too high.

This is all just my opinion and based on my knowledge/experience with nose jobs in the last few years.

hi,

firstly, i'd like to thank everyone for all their contribution and insight! the asian nose job threads have really helped in my research and i think i'm finally ready to go do my rhino later this year (:

right now i've narrowed my options down to two surgeons and i would really, really appreciate it if someone more experienced would be able to give me some advice so i can make a more informed choice.

firstly, some background on my nose - it has an extremely flat bridge, limited septal cartilage, and most significantly, NO NOSE TIP BONE. as in, normally when you press your nose tip, even if it's flat, there'll be some cartilage to form said flat structure, like a building? mine's literally just a flap of skin, like a tent. i can squash it any way i want without pain or obstruction. i believe my cartilage ends in the middle of my nose? i'm not sure if this is termed "short nose" as i have friends with the typical looking "short nose" but they do have something hard in their tip of which i have none.

so far, i've narrowed my options down to two surgeons. barring individual skill level, which option would you opt for if you were me, and why?

1. dr. kao from kanning, taipei
dr. kao is usually an advocate of rib which i definitely did not wish to do. therefore, he suggested that i go for a goretex implant + tip work with ear cartilage (open rhinoplasty) instead. right now, my main concern is that i would not have enough ear cartilage to craft the nice, sharp tip i fancy, since i have absolutely nada nose tip bone to start with and i imagine i would have to use a whole load of ear cartilage to achieve the desired effect. i'm also not sure if dr. kao thought i was exaggerating that i have no nose tip bone (e.g. when someone goes "i have absolutely NO eyes!" just cos her eyes are really small) but i really don't! also, i would prefer an I-shape silicone implant over goretex to augment my bridge, since i fear shrinking and revisional difficulties.

2. a local surgeon
this surgeon suggests that i use an L-shaped silicone implant (closed rhinoplasty). while i believe that this would help me achieve my desired tip projection, i'm concerned about the usual problems associated with an L-implant (extrusion, warping etc.) moreover, as i'm aiming for an extremely dramatic change, i would need a larger (and therefore riskier) implant. on the other hand, i was quite sold when i saw her L-implant (http://www.realself.com/files/IMG_9769-21220.JPG) which is really close to the type of high, straight nose i like. would option 1 provide a similar effect?

if only it were an I-shape implant with ear cartilage i would prefer option 1...but as it is right now i'm really in a dilemma. if you've read through this whole chunk of text, thank you! (: i need all the help/suggestions i can get and i would definitely try my best to help others too once i'm done with my surgery! (:

Wow I'm also from Toronto. When are you planning to go? I plan sometime in August maybe Sept but pushing for August.

Hello guys and gals. I am in Seoul now. I have an appointment tomorrow morning and in the afternoon. if anyone is in the area and wants to hang out let me know. i want to go watch snowhite and the huntsman and at night probably go to dance club. hit me up!

I think you'd definitely benefit from a nose job. I'm so jealous I want your small face!! I'm thinking about jawbone surgery too but that'll have to be next year... Any idea when you might be going? I'm thinking sometime late July or Early August. I'd love to have an English buddy around since i speak zilch korean.

Wow that was really informative, thanks ! If I'm getting rhino osteotomy, hump removal, and so forth, which clinic would you recommend in Korea? Any idea who is one of the best in Korea?

I know a lot of Asians have a smaller nose and want to make it more noticeably defined, but mine is the exact opposite. Its huge and has a big lump! So I want to find a great osteotomy surgeon.

Again, my top are Wonjin, Grand, Cinderella, and Banobagi

Hello, I am having my rhinoplasty this coming Tuesday at Grand Plastic Surgery in south korea, and I was hoping to get some feedback. I have a slight hump on the right side of my nose, which i wanted to remove. The consultant and surgeon that I met said that it will be a quite easy procedure because the bump on my nose is not big. Basically I am just getting the hump removed and a silicone inserted for a nose brige augmentation. However, I am wondering if i got a good deal.

Overall I will be paying 2,000,000 won, plus the VAT (tax?) of 20k won. THe surgery itself is a closed surgery, which i think means that I am not making any open incisions, and everything will be done throught my nostril. Is this normal? If this procedure is easier than an open surgery, did i receive a good price?

One last question :smile: I am having the operation on Tuesday, and leaving on Saturday. Is this enough time for me to heal and go back to America? Or am I being told a lie just because I told them I have to leave early and they still want my business?

Please help me with your answers:smile:

If you are doing bone surgery I wouldnt really know... I am in the same boat as you. I have a hump and wide bridge so need osteometry to make it narrower an remove the hunp.
I know ID are meant to be good with bone surgeries, banobagi I dont know about them... Grand seem good and have a good reputation in S.Korea... I have never contacted cinderella before and WonJin also seem good!!

I am likely going with Grand or ChungDamU but also in my list are ID, VIP, banobagi and wonjin (in that order too!)

How exciting! Grand are in my top 2 so would love to hear your experience.
I think 2020000 is a good price... Thats roughly 2000usd which is still good for closed rhino!!

Also tuesday to Sat isnt really enough time. Day of surgery is day 0 so you are only staying 4days? Youd get the stitches removed but grand told me at least a week is needed...

Hmmm....but anyhow i really like her current nose, if that's her original. The bridge is straight but it fits her face. Im just wondering why cant my nose after rhino looks like hers, which is so natural.

wow how much did all those procedures cost you?? i guess rib rhinoplasty cant be tht painful then compared to ure procedures, and i think all of us here our willing to sacrifice one week of our life to become prettier lol! :smile: