BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Anyone here that have had a double jaw surgery at ID or Regen? Are you please with your outcome? Do you have to learn how to chew again? Any symptoms such as sleep apnea? Please if you would share your story. And how much cost...Thanks!

ID Hospital 2jaw (no tie) - 16,000,000won
Regen 2jaw - 15,000,000won

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to change the shape of my nose, and I'm planning to go to Seoul from beginning to mid July. After attempting to filter through these posts, I've got a shortlist:-
VIP
Banobagi
BK.

What would you say is best?

I've heard too many scare stories about implants, so I'm looking towards autologous cartilage or fat. What's the disadvantages to these methods? I've been informed that there is also a method where they inject something or rather to shape your nose, but only lasts about 7 years max. What might this be called and any thoughts on it?

Oh, I don't speak Korean, so I'm simply not sure how to approach this!

Oh but I speak Mandarin and Cantonese, I would be happy to go under rhinoplasty in Taiwan or Hong Kong if anyone has had good experiences with autologous cartilage or fat. (Not China though, I don't quite trust the government's regulations and such, no offence intended.) Recommendations?

Hey, Kara
got your e-mail and here you are, too ! :biggrin:
I had to endure for almost 3 weeks, then I did some light scrubs using brown sugar mixed with honey after wetting my face with some warm water.
It helped my face at least feel smooth after. I also had pore treatment when I went to Korea last summer. It hurts more than v-line surgery since you are wide awake but it really helped me reduce size of my pores and amount of blackheads, too. :smile:

I only went to BK from your list, so I can only answer about BK.
They are fully staffed with english and chinese staffs that you don't really
need to worry about not speaking korean. And just walking around in Korea,
you will see everything listed in english as well so no worries. :smile:

Hi, i am considering a nose job in korea. I have many prblems with my nose. When i smile, my nose will flare(widen) like alot . Thats why i mostly try not to smile because of it . Is there a procedure to make my nose stay stationary when i smile? I also have a low nose bridge . Because of my low bridge , the skin on that part which i think is called the radix started to cover the corners of my eyes . That give my eyes look furthure apart . If i increase my nose bridge ,will my skin get lifted and give my eyes look closer?

you can have your septi nasi muscle cut to prevent your tip from moving
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressor_septi_nasi_muscle
Code:
The depressor septi is a direct antagonist of the other muscles of the nose, drawing the ala of the nose downward, and thereby constricting the aperture of the nares.
i've heard that it is irreversible though. and it probably isn't necessary

if you have the muscle 'transposed' instead of cut, then maybe it is reversible. you really have to ask a surgeon about it though, and get a second opinion too.

your eyes won't look much closer together unless you augment your bridge by a lot, like 4mm or more depending on how elastic your skin is

Hi girls and guys,

I'm two weeks away from my op with Dr. Kao.
I'm stocking up on some pre/post op care.

Have anyone here ever taken SINECCH? (link)
I saw some recommendations for it to minimize bruising and fasten healing.
If so, what did you think about it? Was it effective?
Also, what else did you take with it? (other types of meds/vitamins?) What other type of post-op care was involved?

I don't know if the issue is doctors in the states. I think it's just the doctor I went to. He probably did my nose in lightning speed so he can move on to the next patient. There are other US doctors that are far more meticulous with their work. Either way, Korean doctors are obviously way more experienced with Asian noses, or even rhinoplasty in general since they do them so frequently. Doctors at a busy Korean hospital probably do several rhinoplasties a day and have done tens of thousands of them.

I went to Banobagi for my nose. My case was pretty simple as I'd only wanted a minor change. The doctor removed some of the old cartilage graft in my tip and reshaped my cartilages to give me a nicer nose shape. He also raised my hanging columella, which was mainly caused by the old cartilage graft I got in the US. No implants.

If you don't have any loose skin by now, I'm sure you're good to go. You look like you're a bit younger so that also helps. I only had 5 packets of those packaged pumpkin juices I got at the clinic next to BK. They were so sweet. Now that I'm back in the states, I don't know where I can get them.

I took sinecch. My friends who went didn't. We all used rib with dr kao in march.

there was no difference... i'd say just save your money. even kao says its not necessary.

ya, well i find it quite scary that a doctor screws up on what seems to be quite a simple and easy procedure. im glad u got it all fixed now though :smile: im looking into just fixing my tip and shaving off the hump.

oh, thank you for your input! :smile:
did you go through a lot of swelling? how long did it take for the bruises/swelling to go away? or, to be able to go out in public without getting stares?

i did my primary rhinoplasty at Shimmian one month ago. I have realized that I have hanging columella which I didn't have pre op. It wasn't so noticeable when i first took the cast off too. Could it be swelling? or do I need a revision rhino to fix it? ahhhh its really bugging me. I look so awkward! esp when i smile

Hey guys ! I had rhinoplasty at VIP clinic a year ago and I wanted to slim down my bulbous nose to a slimmer and smaller nose. I had septal and ear cartilage put it. And while I think my nose is better than before... I really hate how high the tip is and the size have not changed at all, but it is now super projected so it doesnt look as fat. I feel like its like a fat guy who went on steroids or something =.=;

While I understand that I have thick skin so there are limitations I cant help but wonder if I can get a revision to make my tip not so high and whole nose more delicate... JoAnn said they can see why I was unhappy and said Dr.Lee will perform a free revision for me but I'm not sure if it's worth the pain time and plane ticket to take that bet with him again?

Does anyone have any recommandations? D:

I am an asian girl btw :3