BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Good luck! I'm planning on going to Korea Dec this year, probably rib rhino. Is anyone else planning to go around that time?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex,

I will most likely be visiting Dr Wang before that time frame slightly. Would you like to pair up and go together?

taeyang, do you want to plan a trip out together with me to go see Dr. Wang? Honestly, I want to see him ASAP but I am afraid of the lack of reviews. The last thing I want to do is go alone. I have had surgery alone before and it was a very miserable experience and I would prefer somebody with the same interests and goals go with me.

Anybody want to go with me to see Dr. wang soon?

Anyone been to Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok? Or knows someone?

I'm looking to get done tiplasty and perhaps a bridge, but all using cartilage. I already have quite a good bridge, but I was wondering whether it was possible to increase my bridge a little using cartilage instead of goretex.

I have been in contact with them and GA is 170,000 Baht. Plus gorex is 190,000 Baht. But with LA it is 80,000. And using gortex is 100,000.

I'm hoping to get mine done in September this year.

You can find a lot of good doctors for lipo in the states. I think anything that involves the Asian face is when you would want to travel overseas

What a shame because i changed my mind and decided to fly there at the end of May.. Sorry can't go any earlier because april-may is my exam period :sad:

as a last resort, you can try to find a paid nurse or care-worker. maybe if you have relatives or friends with relatives in china, you can arrange or pay for them to help you.

good luck

I wanted to make a post since this forum helped me so much three (almost four) years ago when I was during research/recovering from my nose job. I got an alar base reduction along with tiplasty almost four years ago from a doctor in los angeles, and I am now very happy with the results. HOWEVER, I do want to warn anybody considering getting plastic surgery that the recovery time can be incredibly hard emotionally (physically, it actually wasn't that bad). My nose was very swollen for about 3 months, and swollen for over a year. Obviously, sometimes you see people look fantastic 2 weeks out of surgery, and if that may be you. But when I was recovering, I went through a unnecessarily hard time emotionally because looking back, I was still obviously very swollen, even a few months out of surgery. Even after that, the scar tissue (i'm guessing) made my nose look bigger, and after almost four years, I can honestly say I am very happy with my nose, and the scar tissue has obviously shrunk.

I suppose I wanted to make this post so that any of you recovering from your nose job and may be freaking out from the results can learn from my experience. I obviously can not guarantee that your results, like mine, will get MUCH better in time, but when I was a couple months out of surgery, I was convinced my nose would look like that forever. Well, it definitely got better for me. I spent a whole half a year researching doctors because I wanted a second nose job, and spent so many nights ( and days) crying when I really should have been more patient.

So if there are any of you just out of surgery or still recovering, PLEASE be patient, and not waste gallons of tears on something that may eventually get better by itself with time. It took me at least 6 months to a year to recover. YES, you may look perfect after 2 weeks, but for the rest of you, please be as patient as you can, waiting for your nose to settle down, before you cry yourself to sleep every night. Give it at least a year, then decide what you want to do.

Hi I'm new to this forum! and I just want to say how helpful it was to read everyone's comments about these different doctors in Korea.

I'm very interested in going this year and have been doing my research so here's the top 5 I've looked at:

- JK Plastic Surgery
- VIP
- Oz
- Dream
- Cinderella

But can anyone tell me if VIP and Dream in LA are any good? I rather go in the states if they are any good. I know the VIP is different from the one in Korea but Dream (Dr. Kenneth Kim) is teamed up with the one in Korea.

OMG! I feel like this is written directly to me ! I am two months post op after getting rhinoplasty done for hump removal through osteotomy and tip plasty. I have been devasted the past two months because its so freakishly huge and uneven. I, like you, have been researching on and on about getting revision. I know its still early in the recovery stage to panic and all, but I cant help it. I feel embarrassed to face people when I look the exact same after, but worse afte surgery!!

I wanted to ask, did you have any calluses after surgery? My nose bridge feels uneven and I am almost certain it is not swelling because it is bone hard. I dont want to think that they made it uneven or anything. But I dont know how to know if they are calluses or not because they were there since the cast removal. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

hi all i am sharing this as a couple of forummers pmed me.

i am 2 months post op after having my tip, alar base reduction and nasal bone narrowing done at cinderella by dr hong.

for now, i am very pleased and happy with what dr hong did for me. mind you he does not have the best bedside manners as the clinic seems super busy. i felt that cinderella was fake and for money, but heck i am happy with the nose dr hong gave me. you may read back on my past posts for my experience with cinderella.

my previous nose: low bridge, no tip, bulbous, becomes bigger when i smile.

i requested for a medium bridge, tip (not too sharp, meaty). i specificially said i like song hye gyo's nose as hers does not look too sharp, and it even looks meaty.

obviously my nose isn't a replica of hers, but i am happy with mine. dr hong gave me what i asked for.

it is an emotional journey of wanting to strangle the surgeon especially after the removal of the cast. 1 month post op and my nose was still pretty swollen. perhaps it was due to the fact that i was always out shopping in seoul, i only stayed in to rest the first day. and i was eating raw seafood and stuff. my nose has only truly began to deswell only now, and it's getting smaller and i'm starting to see the shape.

i'm not too sure about cookie cutter noses, but i personally feel that certain drs have certain styles. so be sure to take a look at their before and afters yeah? cinderella did not show me any pictures.... but i decided to go with them based on their reputation = have not read any negative reviews + their celebrity endorsements.

Hey Adora,

Glad you are happy and feeling great! I have been reading and following your posts. I am also interested in going to Cinderella when I go to Korea this April (they are currently in my top 3 clinic lists). Though I've been reading past posts you're one of the only people that has gotten surgery from them. Their website is nice but there are no B&A pictures and the pictures that are already on there are heavily photoshopped. Do you mind sending me an after picture or giving me any more tips and details of your surgery? I can message you my email and I also have whatsapp and kakao.

Thanks!!!

hey i totally get where your coming from, i rlly want to see him as well, but due to timing i'm afraid i might not find anyone to go with. i planned my rhinoplasty for spring but i will probably be going in the fall time now due to finances. when were you planning to consult with him? maybe you could try hiring a translator to come with you to the consult so tht way you don't have to go alone and can get some proper feedback on the clinic as well.

hey i would also love to see some pics of ure results if ure comfortable enough to share :smile: