BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hello! Its Thumbelina here. I plan to do zygoma reduction and fat graft for the face and maybe chin implant revision depending on the consultation.
I'm more or less looking at Regen and JW. Have not yet decided on the 3rd one yet. i will be there between 16th June till 26th June
QUOTE=ChanelAddicted2;24141944]:dothewave:Looking for someone/a group to buddy up in June/ July to Seoul:dothewave:

My plan is to be in S.Korea for about 2 weeks to do the chin advancement (or V-line) and revision Rhinoplasty.

My ideal is either we could share a room or staying close by (in the same hotel) so that we could help each other out, especially the few nights after the operation. I have been on my own the first time in Seoul a year ago to do Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty, the night after the surgery was awful to be alone as I have experienced.

By the way, I will be flying from Europe.

Feel free to p.m me so we can talk more about this![/QUOTE]

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellooo,
Please enlighten me with the pros and cons of an I-Shaped Silicone. I know that L-shaped is something to stay away from.. But is it any good to use an I-shaped Silicone for the bridge and your own cartiledge for the tip??????

I have a hump on my nose and couple surgeons suggest that I shave that down and costumize an i-shaped silicone to increase my nose bridge....
mind you, my nose is shaped like a triangle and absolutely no shape towwards the bottom whatsoever.

please let me know!!! share ur experiences.!!

I am flying to Seoul in 2 weeks for Rhinoplasty as well, could you invite me to your blog so I can read about your experience? Thanks

I am in the same boat doing research about rhinoplasty implants, I suggest we start organizing notes

I Shape Impant- Silicone implants run a risk of infection and a gradual thinning of the skin overlying the implant to the point of it actually becoming exposed.

Pro's- No need to use rib cartilage. Lengthen's nose to desired height if ear and septum does not have enough cartilage
Cons- If surgeon is unskilled, in 2-3 years, the silicone implant will move and cause unnatural bumps and protrusion.

Yes the challenge is that the biography information is limited in English
If you can get help from a local, who can put in the surgeon's name and school in korea and do a search, that should pop up with more results

That's a question you can have your surgeon evaluate for you. Depends on how much height you need on the tip, usually septum is sufficient. You have probably seen those diagrams of how they cut the cartilage and make a new bridge
I find many of the surgeon's have their own preferred method of grafting cartilage

For example:
VIP-Autologous Rib Cartilage
ID-Silicone and ear
BK-Silicone and ear

To: Violet

Yea, I definitely would like to use RIB, however, it seems like it is such an intense procedure and the thought of having a scar on the side makes me cringe, esp listening to others say that the scar is pretty visible... GAH.. I don't know what to do. I'm getting such mixed reviews on gortex/silicone implants. Some say it's amazing and others say it's sh*tty. Don't know who/what to listen to...

One of the surgeons told me that they would carve the i-shape silicone after shaving the hump on my nose and utilize it to build up my bridge... I want this to be my first and last rhinoplasty. Don't want to have several visits to the doc's ofc because I don't have time for revisions and what not...

Has anyone have any impants in their nose and was an absolute succesS??

I can tell you that silicone was not a success for me because it was too bulky. It also shifted and made my tip super hard and the skin at the tip got really thin. Honestly, most of the silicone patients just look unnatural. If you are an Asian with a flatter and/or broader face, then the silicone will look even more unnatural on you. It will look like something sticking out from your face that does not belong there over time.

I feel ya, I really don't know what material is the best. Right now I really just care about getting rid of my crooked nose and making it narrower. I don't even know why I cared so much about the height before and told the surgeon to make it as high as possible. Haha you can tell I was stupid and wow, the surgeon was stupid too and went along with it without any objections (this was during my primary surgery with the silicone). Now I know that my nose actually isn't that flat, but rather just too wide for my face and crooked (which really is a defect on a face of any race).

I originally was wary of silicon and had queried my doubts with several clinics and had contemplated rib but was told by some clinics that they recommend it for revisions and it can be really hard, unnatural shape and possible become warped.

I had Rhino with 4.5mm silicon implant and septal cartilage for tip two months ago and am actually really amazed at the results. It's incredibly natural, silicon and tip is actually soft now most of swelling has gone down and no one can tell I've had rhino unless they knew my face well. 80-90% of rhinos in Korea use silicon implants so I think results depends on the expertise of the surgeon. I was really concerned about having an unnatural obvious fake nose but my nose suits my face giving an overall aesthetically and softer appearance.

I went to migo btw. They do celebs and have beautiful results.

I was completely wary of using artificial implants at the start but did a lot of research day and night before making decision. So I think you should probably do more research and go to a few consults before deciding as rib rhino is such a large scale procedure in case you don't get be results you're after.

Good luck :smile:

Hi Smilingheart,

how much did migo charges you for the rhinoplasty? Also, did they remove the stitches on the 5th day or 7th day after the surgery?

Thanks!!:smile:

Hi,
I can't remember exactly about 7-7.5mil including fat graft too. Stiches were removed after 6 days. :smile:

Smiling heart,
Do you mind sending me / attaching before and after pics of your rhiniplasty? I'm curious as to how it looks!!!! hehehehe

I'm planning on getting mine done this month!!!

Lol no one has "time" for revisions. It just happens.

Your nose bridge is already tall. Are you sure you want/need an implant? I have a family member who had a tall Caucasian-like nose, as tall as yours. She got osteotomy with tip work and the surgeon used ear cartilage for the tip.