BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

hey, i hven't had anything done by him, but i've been saving up for rhinoplasty, along with school costs so it's been taking longer then expected to get everything together. i hope to go to dr. wang sometime this year or the next. Are you interested in going to him as well? i really do like his results.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i know, i think im the only one who somewhat mentions him on a regular basis. i've been interested in him forever, so now i finally feel comfortable with my decision. there were at least 3 forumers i think who went to dr.wang but never reported back with updates. I actually spoke with someone who met him in person and I think they did mention that a few from the forum did actually go to him.

to confirm ahappycamper did go through with rhinoplasty with dr.wang, i just dont know why he never bothered to come back and let everyone know of his experience. i feel like it would help alot with those considering going to him, since his nose jobs are really pretty.

LOL haha we can only hope! to clarify ahappycamper is a guy. he did go through with his surgery and it was successful, his friend told me this. just don't know why he didnt comeback and update everyone :s very frustrating.

Hi guys I'm Kiki, Just a quick questions: Can I buy Bromelain and Sinecch somewhere in Seoul? Because I'm in Australia and I have to order it online from USA supplier (Make Me Heal) which takes at least 10-20 working days to be delivered---Which is too late because my scheduled consultation is right near the corner. :cry::shrugs:

Dr. Park (Oz clinic) has it but quite expensive. 100.000 won compare to $28.95 in the US. :shucks:

It's been 2007 since I gave another thought of rhinoplasty. I thought I had the doctor it wanted but after looking again over his before and after picture, I wasn't satisfied. And now Im really glad I dont follow through.

I'm now looking deeply into JW for rhinoplasty.
I like to ask a few simple questions from people who's had overseas procedures done. When it came to payment were they demanding of full payments? or deposits? cash payment or credit card? ( stupid question)

Those who's had been to JW what was the price they asked for rhinoplasty? (State what you were looking to change, I know each case is quoted differently)

And did you have a translator? I know zero korean

Yeah his nose jobs are really pretty. By any chance do you know how much he usually charges for rhino.

Hi Depressed,

Let me tell you, I can very much relate to how you feel. I went on a bit of a rant on this thread a couple months back with how upset I was (and still am) with my rhinoplasty. I got a 4mm silicone implant, lateral osteotomy, alarplasty, a columella strut graft and ear cartilage graft on the nose tip. I'll be upfront and say that I should have done more research because I was floored when I found out exactly what was done. Sure, these are standard procedures but I should have probed my doctor for a more detailed explanation. On the other hand, they probably should have re-evaluated taking me on as a patient considering how hesitant I was, but that in and of itself is another story. So, I got my rhinoplasty done in Korea and back in Canada no one around me has noticed (as of yet) and even my ENT doctor said how well it was done - however, I am terribly unhappy, I absolutely hate it and feel I don't look like me. Like you, I was pretty confident with how I looked but always felt I could look better. My insecurities got the best of me and I got swept up with the cosmetic culture when I went to Korea this past summer. I'm hitting my mid 20's and it is the biggest regret of my life. There is nothing more heartbreaking than looking in the mirror and feeling disconnected with your own self.

Right now at the 4 month mark, a lot of the swelling has gone down with random small lumps coming and going in the area where they broke the bones. Like you, I could see the outline of my silicone implant and my bridge is super shiny all the time, even with my thick skin. The implant is also more slanted to one side, probably due to it being inserted from one of the nostrils through a closed procedure - this is driving me crazy, because in certain lighting, it is pretty obvious. For this reason, I also believe my nose is crooked (obvious when you at my nose from underneath). It's been crooked from the very beginning, and my doctor said it was swelling but I know for certain that this will not change. I can also feel the incision scar inside my nostril on my septum, which feels hard and sometimes whenever I wiggle my nose, I can feel the columella strut popping in and out; I feel self-conscious that my columella would look displaced if it doesn't pop back into place. On top of all this, I cannot flare my nostrils the same because the tip is solid, not that it matters too much aesthetically but it just brings into perspective how immalleable my tip is. And depending on the temperature, I could feel where the implant meets the tip. My last peeve is how long my upper lip looks now and it looks so unattractive in pictures when my mouth is static. This could be due to a combination of the nose tip being rotated upwards as well as the muscle incision to disconnect the nose tip with the upper lip. Had I known all these things would happen - never in a million years would I try fixing what wasn't broken. I am also particularly picky and highly observant, which is not helping me with this situation. I envy those who are able to easily accept what's given to them, which I found was the case with a lot of people in Korea with cosmetic surgery.

At the beginning, depression hit me hard and I put my family through a very rough time, especially with my mom. She was always against it, and although it was ultimately my choice, she feels responsible for it. The last few months, I was obsessive over my nose; I've read through hundreds of pages of these threads, posts on real self and makemeheal, as well as watched countless surgical videos of asian rhinoplasty. I wanted to reverse my procedure, or get everything taken out - all the grafts and at the very least, the implant. I don't want anything to be further harvested from my body. The most frightening thing is that the outcome of any surgical procedure is unpredictable. Even with all the research I've done, I haven't gotten answers I feel satisfied with or make me confident enough to go through a revision. Honestly, it's been difficult to find information on those who have had gone through an implant/graft removal. I'd rather keep my post-op nose than to have an even worse outcome, I don't think I could survive going through this psychological pain again.

Having said that, I was so distraught that my clinic, which is located in Gangnam, had scheduled a comped revision for me with my primary doctor for February 2014 - which would be at the 6 month mark. But as I mentioned before, I want to undergo a revision but I am terrified out of my mind. I'm considering just waiting out a full year and feeling things out at that time because I have psychologically gotten better. It's still a mental roller coaster as I do think about it every day and can't help but compare my old and new pictures, but there are also moments where I don't think about my nose, which has been making my life liveable.

If there was a chance I could have a successful revision with a satisfied ending, I would give any amount of money (even though I am broke as hell right now). Depressed, it's highly suggested that if you want to undergo a revision, your best option is to go back to your primary since they know what was done. Although 1 year post-op is the ideal time to get a revision, by 6 months most of the swelling should be gone and is the minimum time to wait for a safe operation. You mention that you felt you were too young to get this done; I had thoughts about getting my nose done on and off for several years. I only regret it now because things didn't turn out the way I expected it to, but had I not done it, I probably would have in the future. It is what it is now and merely a matter of acceptance and figuring out the next steps. Just know, you're not alone!!

oh i am so sorry to hear that. I know how you feel because I tampered with a nose that had minimal imperfections, only to exasperate the problem. Can i ask which clinic you went to and was it open or closed rhino?

From my research while i was in seoul, there seems to be new method of performing nose jobs where instead of just placing the implant in the conventional location, they place it under the muscle between the bone. Perhaps if you are looking to do a revision that may help.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that! However, since you are so fresh out of surgery, I really must urge you to give it some time and not feel so bad about your nose. It changes SO MUCH during the first year, and swelling DOES make a difference.

I've known people whose noses look amazing immediately after surgery, and then their skin thins out badly or the bridge looks too low after all the swelling's gone. So, you never know. I myself had a primary eyelid surgery that was so pretty and natural-looking for the first few months. After a year, my crease was lost, my right eyelid suffered from very noticeable ptosis, and it stopped looking symmetrical. I recently went under a revision, and while I looked like a freak with huge, unnaturally deep eyelids the first two months, it's finally starting to look more natural and I can tell the crease will actually stay this time (since they made it deep enough).

My nose was straight immediately after surgery, but then all of a sudden it was super-swollen, tilted to one side (esp. the nostrils/columella), and my nose swelled up to its original fat, ugly size after eating some salty Chinese food. I freaked out and even posted on this board asking if it was possible for your old noses to "grow back" lol. It finally went back down and settled in straight again. So, please please please have patience! Good luck and I am praying for you!

When you say tamper, are you talking about a revision or primary? Have you come to accept your nose? I don't want to reveal the clinic name publicly, but feel free to private message me. It's a big clinic in the heart of Gangnam. I'm surprised it's mentioned very little on here, though it does look like the majority of their patients are local or from China/Japan.

I had a closed procedure, and thanks for the tip on the new method but I think at this point, I just want to take the silicone implant out and not have to replace it with anything. I actually had no issues with my pre-op bridge; it was flat but I didn't care. I was persuaded by my doctor and a couple relatives that a higher bridge would just flow better/give a better silhouette. Which is true, but it just looks unnatural to me because my facial bones don't compliment it/accommodate it well. It creates shadows that don't look pleasing and it really just looks like a bridge was plopped onto my nose.

All I wanted was a smaller version of my nose. If anything, I should have just stuck with alarplasty and tip work without grafts.

If anyone has experience with implant and graft removal (or any type of revision) in Korea, please share! Also, does your nose tip soften up at all? From what I've read, sounds like it doesn't although ironically enough, the doctors on realself say it should when the swelling goes down. I know, I'm wishful thinking but would still like to hear from you guys.

ladybugs, thank you for the hopeful words. How far out are you post-op?
Did it really change that much from 4 months to the year?
How much softer does your nose tip get (assuming you've had ear cartilage graft)?

The unfortunate thing was that my nose was not straight immediately after surgery. How many months did it take for your nose to straighten out?

Is anyone going to Korea this December or January?
I booked my flight and am deciding on a hotel now. Scheduled my consultations for 12/26 and 12/27, planning on getting the surgery on the 12/28.

I've decided on rib rhino, not a big fan of silicone and goretex. Seems like shimmian is the only clinic that does full rib surgery.
I booked wonjin, april 31, pitangui as well, but I don't think any of them offer full rib.

I can't private message you as I am a new user :sad: But i was going to the Dream Medical Clinic to get my nose done....Is that where you had yours?

Also I was refering to a revision surgery and I have come to accept it, mainly because I internalize my situation by telling myself "before any surgery u had no bridge...so at least u have a high bridge now and u can conceal imperfection with make up". Thats basically how i deal with it. But i am looking to go down to Dream Medical in Seoul to get my third revision. A little scared of course since its my 3rd nose job.

When it comes to implant and graft removal, there's 2 methods. Majority of surgeons will use an open rhinoplasty if you has tipplasty performed too. I would avoid open rhino as it causes internal scarring and sometimes external scarring. The internal scarring and leave your nose and nostrils looking slightly lop-sided. The other method I'm aware of is using closed rhino and using a saline to loosen the implant and removing it through the nostril. This seems alot more ideal as it is less invasive. In Seoul I know the dream clinic does that.

Before you get it removed tho, it does look very different when swelling goes on. Swelling takes longer to go down when you have an artificial implant vs your own bone graft. I remembered when i had my first nosejob my nose was high but it was chunky at the same time for 7 months! But as time went by i could tell the shape was slowly forming.

So im not sure if what your ethnicity is but western surgeons tend to prefer rib cartilage whilst asian surgeons tend to recomend silicone and goretex. I have actually used all 3 implants on my nose. Reason why western surgeons prefer harvest your own cartilage is because caucasians have thinner skin and soft tissue and the infection rate when using silicone and goretex is higher. Asians have thicker skin so infection rate is lower. Silicone and goretex gives a much better shape. My first nose job was using silicone but because I foolishly had it done in thailand, they did a bad job where after 2 years the implant started deviating slightly to the right side. Artificial implants also tend to create a leathery pocket which pushes the implant as it is your body's response to something artificial. This is why accurate placement is important. Problem with rib rhino that they don't tell you is the shape cannot be manipulated well. When i had my revision surgery i was unable to get beautiful straight line i had with my silicone. I ended up with a slightly bumpy and wonky nose because the shape wasn't nearly as perfect as a silicone implant and thus it also didnt sit right with the proper support. Given the choice i would have kept my slightly deviated nose as it was far more attractive. In fact no one else noticed the deviation but me.

One more thing you need to remember while making your decision is that rib rhino is 2 surgeries and not one. The procedure is alot more stressful on your body no matter how the surgeons may downplay it. If you choose that route i know VIP plastic surgery in Seoul does it. Reason i did not go with them is because i just wasn't comfortable with a rib graft anymore. The surgeon there will also recommend you to build your internal septum if it is deviated. Problem with that is that most people have a deviated septum with perfectly symmetrical noses. So unless you have breathing problems that is unnecessary.