BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Grand is one of the top sued clinics in Korea and is blacklisted in this forum!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you had rib cartilage by Charles Lee and then replaced with diced ear cartilage? Did Charles do the revision?

Oops, my bad :biggrin: (this is chubbunny, i forgot my pw lol)
Anyway I'm kind of scared now. HAppy camper said he wouldnt be like those past forum-ers who went to Dr. Wang and never came back here to report again. I mean, whatever happened to those previous forumers might have happened to "him" (sorry for the gender mistake -.-'). Maybe something happened and he got paid with hush money or something O.O Well I hope not, I am really wanna go to Dr wang :shucks::shucks::shucks: because his noses are very nice. I mean those Korean surgeons' noses are good sideview, but frontal? I'd say meh (to most of em).

I also stumbled into this naver blog, a surgeon named "Dr. Kwon" does anybody know which clinic he's in? There are great photos on his blog although I haven't seen any "frontal" ones.

anyyywayyy
Hey I've found some really good b/a pics of some bloggers (mostly malaysian) who may or may not (-.-') have gone under the knife. I really wanna know where they had theirs done (malaysia?? are there good rhino surgeons there?), if ever they did, I mean their noses are so perfffff... Just like angelababy's.

There's Venice Min (she looks so gorg) http://web.stagram.com/p/600448074628140783_712094546

and other girls:
http://web.stagram.com/p/600483642653215922_712094546
http://web.stagram.com/p/600484151439068347_712094546

(there are more on this IG account)

Thanks! :3 :biggrin::woohoo::lol:;)

No i had silicone at the Yanhee hospital in Thailand. It looked really good until it started devialted to the right side (the nostril where the closed rhino was performed is from the right). The implant placement wasn't done well and they also simple cut out the shape from a block of raw silicone. Hence, never go to thailand as medical procedures and crude and backward.

After that I went to Charles Lee for a revision, he used goretex and ear cartilage graft with scalp tissue. Problem is that I learnt you are not meant to use these 2 implants together. I ended up with partial protrusion from the cartilage. I also learnt that cartilage, whether from rib or ear has a higher chance of an irregular shape and is more difficult when it comes to placement due to the shape of the grafts and difficulty manipulating the shape.

I should have just kept my silicone as it was a deviation that only i and another cosmetic surgeon noticed. That surgeon advised me against getting a revision as he expressed the difficulty in perfecting the nose during revisions.

Rib cartilage is tougher because the surgeon has to be skilled and have the patience to carve and carve it until the desired shape is attained. If you get a lazy surgeon that stop at "good enough" the rib won't be as smooth and can warp. Diced cartilage wrapped in fascia is easier to shape but can be bumpy for obvious reason. However, if it's wrapped in enough fascia it should smooth it out and scar tissue should fill in with time and hopefully calcium deposits. Also, I'd like to point out that thin skin has nothing to do with risk of getting infections. None. Rib cartilage is certainly better if you have thin skin as it doesn't show the obvious silicone line or shadow under certain light. Goretex and rib/ear cartilage will be harder to remove because your own tissues will grow onto them so when you have it removed you have to cut as close to the bone as possible to prevent removing the already thin tissue on the nose. Hope that helps.

Diced cartilage with fascia the shape actually ends up looking like an auto derma implant, only a more solid form. And yes the bumpiness is what i experienced. From multiple consultations with different surgeons and having 13 surgeries (its been a learning curve for sure lol), I know that infection rate is certainly higher for those with thinner skin, and lower for asians as we tend to have thicker skin. For example, all the surgeons i have consulted have unanimously told me the same thing, because my skin is alot thinner than it originally was, silicone and artificial implants will definitely have a higher rate of infection for me. Especially the harder more solid implant types. Also, when I would consult caucasian surgeons in the west, they also explained the same reason why most Asian surgeons tend to prefer using artificial implants while Western surgeons prefer the use of cartilage grafts. You are partially correct in that the visuals of silicone can be obvious with having thinner skin, but chance of infection from having thinner skin is also higher. It is for this reason why there is a divide in terms of preferred methodology employed by western and asian surgeons.

Rib/ear also have minimal tissue growing onto them and thus wouldnt be that difficult to remove. Goretex is more difficult to remove because as the surgeons explained to me, due to its chemical structure, some of the soft tissue has to be excised together with the implant. Tho I have been told of a method which involves injecting saline to easily remove the goretex. Ill have to do more research on that one.

i would say rib cartilage is alot more difficult and involves much more skill. Shape is not superior to that of the artificial implants but even if you have thicker skin, you might want to opt for that method as it is a more permanent implant with lower infection rate. In Seoul one clinic that does it is the VIP clinic. I went for a consultation there but opted against the rib method as i wasnt comfortable going through another open rhino with cartilage harvest. I also heard alot about a surgeon named Dean Toriumi in Chicago??? i think or Boston? I met with his apprentice when he was over in Melbourne to study malar lifts with Bryan Mendelson. Certainly might be worth a consult at least if you are in the US but also note this http://www.toriumipatientreviews.com/ I read that a few years back which made me a little apprehensive despite hearing such good things. I think all surgeons will have bad reviews at some point or another tho. It may be their skill but it also may be because a patient's self perception, their subjective sense of beauty and expectations are not inline with the procedures or the surgeon.

Thin skin still has nothing to do with infection rate. Undergoing 13 or however many surgeries doesn't make what you assume correct correct. Having the proper medical knowledge will. I'll stand up to any surgeon who want to argue that point. Period. You didn't even know the proper terminology.

If by Western surgeons you mean the US, then no. They do not prefer to use rib cartilage. Rib/ear cartilage is the last resort and only preferred for revisions if there isn't enough septal cartilage.

Tissues do not grow into the ribs/ear cartilage. They grow onto and adhere preventing shifting. Imagine having (eating) ribs, you have to carve away the tissues unless it is really tender. The same thing with harvesting the rib or removing the rib. You will lose some tissue due to blood supply being compromised. Absorption will occur to some extent as well.

Goretex is not difficult to remove because of "chemical structure". It is designed as a scaffolding for tissue to grow onto and adhere to it like real bone thus less chances of shifting and extrusion. Saline doesn't do jack to help remove the Goretex. It's almost as ridiculous as saying water helps as well. Look up what saline actually is then you'll know.

Natural products will naturally have less chances of infection if done under sterile techniques.

Regarding my statement on tissue growing onto rib/ear cartilage i was actually quoting you. "Goretex and rib/ear cartilage will be harder to remove because your own tissues will grow onto them " This is your statement btw lol.

Undergoing 13 surgeries and having experienced the benefits and side effects of those procedures gives me first hand insight. Much more accurate than merely reading articles.That's not to say I don't do my research too.

With infection rate you can argue all you want but the bottom line is the knowledge of every surgeon i have spoken to is far superior and more credible than yours. Saying "I'll stand up to any surgeon who want to argue that point" shows a blatant disrespect of legitimate medical knowledge and really leads me to wonder what kind of information you have been sharing with others who come to this forum seeking proper help and advice. Now how did I learn of higher infection rates with thinner skin? With my case because the cartilage graft has caused the skin around the bridge of my nose to become thinner, risk of infection is higher when using silicone. EVERY SINGLE SURGEON i have seen have told me the exact same thing when i mentioned that i preferred silicone if possible. They explained to me that people with thinner skin have a higher risk of getting infections with artificial implants, especially the harder ones.

Also, with the saline method, I did say it was a new method i hadnt yet researched and therefore don't understand it myself. You should not attempt to discredit a new surgical technique without even learning of the methodology. There's alot more to it than I can explain because as I said, i only recently heard of it from Dr Park Yang Soo. Maybe if you are curious you could shoot him an e-mail so he can explain it to you in ways i can't possible do.

Finally, your assumption is 100% incorrect when suggesting that rib/ear cartilage is the last resort and only preferred for revisions if there isn't enough septal cartilage. I have seen 5 well renowned surgeons, 1 in vancouver, 2 in la, 1 in oc and 1 in melbourne and guess what? Each one of them never even suggested septal cartilage or using silicone or even goretex for that matter. This is before my first rhinoplasty mind you. And the surgeon is melbourne is Bryan Mendelson, 2008's president of ASAPS. He was only yet another one of the surgeons who explained to me the reason why western surgeons prefer the use of cartilage whilst asian surgeons prefer artificial implants. He further explained the pros and cons of your own cartilage vs artificial implants and its application on different ethnicities.

Anyways there's really no point arguing with you on this as if you feel you have more knowledge than actual plastic surgeons, then it just becomes a situation where you are arguing for the sake of arguing and that is not what this thread and this forum is for. Speak to some surgeons regarding our disagreements, maybe it will enlighten you a little.

Yeah. I said onto not into and, yes it is harder to remove. I said Goretex is not harder to remove because of "chemical structure" as you put it. It is harder because tissues grow onto them not because of "chemical structure". Please learn to read what I write and not what you think I wrote. :lol:

Disrespect for medical knowledge? Go get yourself a degree then come talk medical knowledge.

But, I digress, you have the right to post your opinion.

And this is why i say you are arguing for the sake of arguing. I never used the word "into" scroll up and read. I said "onto" because i was quoting your words in your original post lol. And i also said its harder to remove so i dont know what you are even arguing about? lol

Anyways our discussion is over as you've just displayed that you THINK your medical knowledge is superior to that of top surgeons....right. I for one will never have the audacity to attempt to advise someone on medical procedures which I either haven't experienced first hand AND consulted multiple plastic surgeons about.

LOL. I've had the surgeries thank you. And, if there's a surgeon that think he/she is has better knowledge about infection or treating it, I'd be out of a job. Thank you. And, when does an Australian start referring themselves to "the West"? lol. Good day.

Please read the substance of what I say. You seem to grasp onto a phrase or word and ramble on from that.

Again disregarding the knowledge of top surgeons zzz. Oh and Australians are Westernized, in case you didn't understand what the terminology meant. It was referring to cultural affiliation. And please grasp that I was merely pointing out that you were suggesting I was wrong when I was in fact quoting your words? So you really are arguing with yourself? for the sake of arguing...