BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

I had my nose and eyes (revision) done there.

Yeah Dr. Park Wonjin is supposed to be good. I didn't have him (well, couldn't afford him -- I think they charge an extra 25% for him) but I had some other really experienced surgeon (they actually never told me his name). After-care is horrible-to-non-existent for foreigners, but the surgeon himself was great.

Their main gallery is hilariously photoshopped. I think their "real story" pics gives a more accurate picture of the turnouts:

http://www.wonjinbeauty.com/index.asp?inc=news/Real_Story

I had a closed rhinoplasty. I have a round, chubby face with a LOT of fat and thick skin, and they used a 4.5-5mm silicone on my nose. It's not obvious at all because of how thick my skin is.

If you have thin skin or a super-skinny face, please be wary of silicone. There are too many horror stories, if you read these forums.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I'm the original patient from Dr. Wang from Dalian. I wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing fine and that I highly recommend Dr. Wang. You are free to ask me any questions. I wanted to reserve judgement until the 6 month mark before jumping to any conclusions.

I will post more complex details about everything but basically, Dr. Wang is awesome. He is professional, highly skilled, and even better, the best surgeon that I have been to on an aftercare and personal level. His skills are matched by his personality and staff, which were all amazing. I used to have a lot of bad preconceptions about China but interaction with them did a 360. He is seriously awesome on all levels and I really recommend him if you guys have matching aesthetic perspectives.

Ask any questions you'd like and I will answer, but here are some general points in list format.

-his clinic and staff are small, he is nothing like those big assembly line Korean clinics with glamorization of photos and massive advertising. It's a very humble, and small clinic. No gimmicks.

-he is capable of giving a dramatic result, but can also give a subtle "natural" result as well. He underestimates his ability, he talks a lot about risks and actually advises against anything radical, despite the fact that his website shows big results. He likes to err on the "safe" side, at least thats what he says verbally. Whether or not you want to listen to him is up to you and whether you would like to take the risk.

-his english is good enough. It's not the greatest thing in the world but more than enough to get by.

-rib hurts. I had trouble breathing for the very first few days because every time I took a breath, it would hurt. The rib scar is also very obvious on my body. Keep in mind, I keloid and scar very easily so this may be why.

-dalian was very very cold at the time that I went(in springish). it really helps to speak chinese to get around.

-i wish i had bypassed Banobagi, and had made Wang my primary decision.

-he uses a lot of materials. people think he advoates only rib but he does use gortex, silicone as well. he believes they all ahve their strengths and weaknesses, says silicone is stiff and fixed but can create shrink wrapping, gortex is bad for people with acne and prone to infections(acne is an infection), rib can warp(warpign is more common in men usually beacuse of their more durable ribs) and of course uses the scar and is more xpensive. he is very open minded.

ask away

Thanks for the information. I'm glad you mentioned the rib scar. That has always worried me.

Did you go for a big change?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did Dr. Wang charge you?

How long did it take you to look semi normal after surgery?

I am glad to hear you like your results.

Hello, I've been really interested to hear about your results, i'm glad you've come back to the forum :smile: so it's been 6 months since your rhinoplasty?

May I ask what procedures you've exactly had done to your nose, and what the cost was? Was it easy to communicate to him the procedures you wanted done to your nose? Or did you communicate that with a nurse?

Did the clinic set you up with accommodation or did you have to do that yourself? Are there any English speaking staff to accommodate foreigners?

And lastly would you say dr. wang gave you dramatic results (specifically for tip area)? I know he is especially impressive when it comes to tiplasty. And lastly is your nose stiff or hard? Have you been able to adjust well to your new nose with rib?

Sorry for the ton of questions!! I've been dead set on going to dr.wang for such a long time, its good to hear first hand accounts from patients themselves. One of his nurses got rhinoplasty with him and I am absolutely in love with her results that have been posted on his site!

I'm staying at a pretty good Guest House now. They have a kitchen where you can cook and everything. But I won't mention the name here because it may be considered a "promotion".

Anyway, I will write out later my experience in Seoul in full details so people can pick out any information they find useful.

Quick question though: has anyone ever traveled while stitches are still on their face? Trouble at airport security screening?

U may wanna ask the clinic to write U a letter with the clinic's and doc's name.
As well as the procedures that u did in that letter. to state that u had PS and bring it along with u. At the immigration, just pass that letter with ur passport. Normally they let you go. Do take down ur mask at that time.
Hope it helps

I'm going to address everything in one post that way I don't needlessly lengthen the thread.

-The rib scar for me is very ugly. I will end up getting steroid injections to flatten it out, because it is extremely noticeable.

-I did go for a big change, but it really isnt my bridge that needed work. it was my tip. The last doctor I went to pretty much put an implant in the bridge but didnt compensate with the tip area. He attempted to refine and sharp my tip but there was practically no change. I had a high bridge but practically no tip. IMO, tip work is the hardest and most delicate. Bridge work is not easy by any means, but I finding a doctor godo in tips is harder because its a more delicate and refined surgery. JMO

-i looked normal about four days out. the recovery was very smooth, even though I had stitches, i wasnt overly swollen or anything and had no real problems going out once the cast was taken off.

-i paid about 7500USD i believe

-my nose tip is pretty flexible. after my post op rhino, my nose tip was rock solid. my nose can bend quite well as of now, i can even kind of do the pig nose thing that people talk about. i dont know if its as flexible as my nose when it was completely virgin with no surgery, but its definitely better than 1 year after my primary. its still possible that my tip is somewhat swollen, i had the surgery in march, and tip swelling is a micro process that takes a very long time so it coudl become even more malleable as time goes on.

-communication with him was a breeze. his english is more than fine, and even if all of his staff doesnt speak english, he will always be around at a later point to clarify things to you. he does have another person, named Bridget, who is really good at communicating in English. if it's not her, it's him. he wasn't swamped to the point where he wasnt able to take time out to talk with you.

-i had the basisc in the rhinoplasty with the bridge, tipplasty, nothing on the alar base was touched though. he recommended against any kind of alarplasty or alar base reduction.

-accomodation is set up by his staff, they take very good care of you. best pre, post op care i've ever had, and its not even close.

-some of his staff have had rhinos with. i could tell not because they looked unnatural, but beacuse of how "perfect" the noses were, they're exactly like you expect them to be basde on his photos. He's very consistent with his results, I saw two other patients there and they also had similarly consistent results.

-my tip has had dramatic change. before my tip was basically non existent, even after the tipplasty at banobagi.

-if you have warping issues with the rib in the nose, he says that it is rather simple to fix with a closed rhino

hi im so glad ur finally hear to tell ur experience ^_^
i didnt know he does other things besides rib too ^^
i dont want to use rib bcuz of the extra scar and extra surgery
but if he does rhino without rib too then i will visit him!
did he say why he doesnt do alar surgery?

Hi every one, I am a new member of the forum and i would like to have you gorgeous ladies' opinion about which clinic is a good one for a nasal tip surgery and double eyelids?
i would also like to share that i am a tran-woman who wants a more femenine nose and eyes.
i have a bulbous and bent nose which has been my worst concern for years, but looking at the many reviews about nose surgeries, im still left unconcerned and quite scared too. I really appreciates if you guys can help me out with some useful recommendations and tips?

I believe he does do alar surgery, just in my case he didnt think i needed it. he is very honest. he will recommend against things that you dont need

i'm following this thread for quite awhile and i would be really appreciative if members who had a nose job done 3 years or more share how well their nose have stayed in shape especially those who had implants put in. We could read page after page of the risk side effects and success of a nose job however nobody seems to post about the long term effects of their nose job. Their is such a shortage of that.

Hello everyone! :hugs:

It's been such a long time - I hope everyone has been well. I've been receiving emails from several people on the forums, I thought I might check-in again with an update from the good ol' ribstacker team! You're more than welcomed to check out my older posts to have a better understanding of what procedures I did and some short reviews of what had happened when I was in Seoul last year.

I had originally posted this photo on September 30th 2012:
[​IMG]

Here is an updated Before & After picture:
[​IMG]
(NOTE: Please disregard weight gain and weird eyebrow shape in photo 1)
----------------------------------------------------
PROLOGUE
Overall, 100% I am glad I went through with my decision to have rib-cartilage rhinoplasty with paranasal augmentation. I am SO MUCH happier. These simple words cannot express the feeling I have. Growing up, I've always been so self-conscious of my nose, how I BARELY didn't have an existing bridge. Barely, just barely! How my nostrils always showed in photos. How they were very upturned to create a "Miss Piggy" effect.

I didn't like it, I didn't like it one bit.
After 6 years of intense researching - I finally came to the conclusion to go out to Seoul and get it done. My final decision was ultimately with VIP Clinic - I felt comfortable with Dr. Lee and his skills.

Looking back, I wished that I should have kept a detailed journal of everything that had happened but I was either too drugged up or busy exploring the city to care. Seoul is definitely beautiful!

There are still major parts of surgery day / week that I remember quite vividly:
- When I had signed the paper work for surgery and Ellie told me to come upstairs into my assign patient room to change into a gown. I didn't know what to think, I immediately thought about my parents and what they would think or if I would make it back alive to come home (I'm quite the pessimistic individual... LOL). The nurse came in to shave some of my nose hairs. I panicked and Ellie had assured me that everything was going to be alright.

- Entering into surgery room and seeing Dr. Lee with all his surgical tools. I had to open the patient gown so that Dr. Lee could mark the areas where they would cut me. They clipped on a pulse monitor onto my finger and I remember that I had repeat what Dr. Lee had said to me - I think I had to count down from 10. I remembered I had held Dr. Lee's hand and told him to take care of me and I started counting down but didn't get past number 6 before I was knocked out. :biggrin:

- Waking up after the anesthesia wore off, mouth was EXTREMELY dry. I realised I was in the elevator, possibly 15 minutes after surgery was completed. My mouth was full with cotton balls and I remembered pointing to my mouth. The nurses were so sweet and immediately knew what I was trying to say and gave me a wet cotton ball to sit in my mouth for a bit.

- Hours after surgery, walking by a mirror and not being tempted by it's reflection.

- I had wrote to Ellie "I feel so alone" on a notepad. I went through a mild depression stage while I was in the patient care room. I have to thank Ellie for my strength. She had told me "You have to keep your mind off of things while you recover. Watch TV! You can always have me to talk to!" There has been so many times she had spent next to my patient bed and we would talk. If she wasn't there, we would keep in touch via Kakao.

AFTER 1 YEAR
No more swelling. My smile returned back to normal. I do not have scarring on my columella or underneath right breast (where they harvested the rib cartilage). As always, I have always known after rib-cartilage rhinoplasty, my nose would be somewhat hard. Not that shocking. Though, to be honest, it does move a bit when I smile or touch it. I have no intention of making a "piggy nose" (aka Button Nose) to anyone, so I have no idea why people are asking me about it! Why is this so important? Coming from someone that had a button nose for their childhood and early adult years, I am glad to not have it and could care less about making a "piggy nose" face to someone.

I used to have pillow lips before my surgery, but after my paranasal augmentation, I believe my top lip may have thinned out a bit. Just a tiny bit. I no longer have a side-profile monkey scowl - I am a primitive ape NO MORE!

I've had more than several instances where people have not recognised me after surgery - this could be a good or bad thing...
My current boyfriend does not know that I had rhinoplasty and suggested that I may be from mixed heritage... :lol:

Anyway, if anyone else has any other questions, please let me know! As of right now, I am very tired and can't think up of anything else to type about.
Schrödinger :hbeat:

-How long did you stay in China in total for this surgery?
- did you go on this trip with anyone else?
- do you mind sharing before and after pic of your nose?