BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

haha yes that's it. I had a feeling thats the name but i didnt want to mention it cos it sounds so deadly so i thought i had it wrong lol.

I cleaned inside and outside. funny enuf american airlines allowed me to take it on the plane. I took it through check in lugguage and it started beeping through the security scan and they were like.....this is used to make bombs u can't bring it. And i gave them a sad look at my swollen nose look and they let me through with it haha

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=&quot]My nose is bulbous nose, I think I have to do alar reduction and rhinoplasty nose tip. I am still thinking which hospital or clinic. Samsung line and vip seem famous in doing nose jobs. But I don’t have much information about nose job. Anyone can tell me are samsung line and vip good or not? Or any other suggestion for nose?

[/FONT]

I got reply from vip, for alar reduction and rhinoplasty nose tip, and the also asked me to correct my nose bridge as my nose is a bit leftward ( in the photo ). They quote me for $6200usd, I think it expensive to me, anyone have done nose jobs in vip, can you tell me how much you spent?[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

avoid vip if they are using cartilage on you, which is very likely. You definitely want to avoid using cartilage, be it rib or diced rib or ear cartilage at all costs. VIP tends to advocate for the use of cartilage and cartilage only. It is one way of justifying the expensive cost compared to the generic silicone method. You should be aware that the cartilage method, no matter how surgeons try to sell you on it, is by no means a superior method to the use of silicone. Aesthetically cartilage is full of complications and risks.

If VIP is going to use cartilage on you, I urge you to question them if they have patients who experience unevenness, bumps, asymmetry in both bridge and alar work and over projection. If they say no they are lying to you because there's been many patients on this forum who have had those issues, both from vip and from other clinics who use cartilage. If they say yes you should ask them their estimated ratio.

I highly recommend using the ultra soft silicone method placed under the muscle above the bone via closed rhino. That is the most aesthetically pleasing and least invasive method at the moment. Do not put yourself through the risks involved when cartilage is used. I myself have to get a revision due to the side effects of cartilage. if you do decide to use the ultra soft silicone route, you should find a surgeon who specializes in closed rhino, and not a surgeon who is used to performing most of his procedures using the open method. Open method has a risk of internal scarring which can cause visible unevenness of the alar.

I emailed Dr. Wang in Dalian and something irked me with his response. This will be my first nose job but I don't get why I have to go back in 6 months for "touching up" and revision... is this a common thing? I'm def. not looking into going back to "touch up"... sounds shifty to me...

I'm getting to fed up with trying to find a good, reliable plastic surgeon... I think the noses surgeons give in the states are too discrete to even tell there's a change yet, the ones over seas look very big... I'm not into that k pop style of a big round nose... I'm just looking to refine the nose I already have but to make it noticeable as well....

And it's stressful thinking about the materials each surgeon prefers... which is insanely confusing because each doctor I've contacted has his material(s) of choice...so it's so hard to really put faith into anyone, at least for me....

I'm also weary about the doctor switching and letting their mentees perform the surgery... I've heard so many stories from family and friends in korea that this is a common thing....

Anyhow, has anyone ever contacted Dr. Kwon of AOne? His noses look subtle but refined. I tried emailing him but it's been 2 weeks with no response.

Okay I thought I should give an update to give you more info so you can make a better decision than me, it has been almost 3 weeks since I did my nose job in Korea and each day and week went by, swelling goes down and my nose looks more piggy. It gets more upturned as the swelling goes down. My nostrils are so visible now. Since the nose is upturned, the scar where the doctor cut is more visible. I went back to work for more than a week now, and I became the laughing stock and people gossip about me in the lunchroom. I sit at my desk all day and try to avoid people as much as I can....one of my co-worker saw me and made a comment "oh I thought Korea is very good at nose surgery, I guess I was wrong". Another co-worker asked me why I stopped eating in the lunchroom and told me everybody gossip about me and said my nose look like a pig nose. Now you probably know how I feel. I feel sad, depressed, mad, regret the decision more than ever.....

Hi I m a guy seeking for a male rhinoplasty in SG. Should have close to Korean type of nose job standard. It is too much trouble to travel to Korea for the rhinoplasty.
Anyone can help?

your co workers sound very unprofessional and mean spirited.You went to shimmian and had goretex right? 2 possibilites i can think of is that the goretex warped or the ear cartilage for your tipplasty is too projected, putting too much pressure on your nose. u can add me to kakao Kcouture ill try to help u as much as i can. /hugs

I have a really bulbous nose. To the point where it almost looks like an African-American's (I'm Asian). Attached here are pics:

http://postimg.org/image/3yotdutqx/

http://postimg.org/image/atewo21xb/

As you can see, the tip and nostrils are very wide.

Based on the photos alone, do you have any recommendations as to what types of rhinoplasty I should look into? It's been awhile, but I'm just starting to do research and I want the opinions of those here experienced with this.

Also, have you seen a similar nose in the before and after photos you've come across, either online or in the doctors office?

I'm really hesitant to go overseas as well. As it seems like a huge gamble. Are there no reputable plastic surgeons in America that any of you have had experienced with and can recommend?

I appreciate any feedback.

I've been doing lots of research on rhinoplasty in Asia and Korea.

I contacted Aone, and so far I'm leaning towards them. They only use the diced cartilage method to build the bridge. While I was hesitant first b/c many of u had bad experience with diced cartilage, I think I trust Dr. Kwon with it. Here's why:

1. the clinic doesn't do much promo work but apparently are booked fully for locals and international patients which means they have a good reputation.

2. I asked about the bumps and complications in regards to diced cartilage. The receptionist says it rarely happens at their clinic and recently no one has had any complications at all.

3. the only reason I'm haven't flown over yet is because they said I should not proceed with a nose job unless I get a forehead lift otherwise, I would look too 'strong', (what does that mean?). I'm hesitant about the forehead lift and can't afford both procedures together which is about $10 000 + $1000 USD if they use rib grafting. They also said they would do fat grafting on my forehead + remove bags under my eye.

Another option was banobagi but they haven't responded to my email and another blogger stated that they were SUPER pricey. So I'm bummed out.

Some of u guys mentioned Dr. Ting Wong. I was interested in him as well, however, he quoted me 10 000$ USD for primary nose job with silicone implant!! :O For just a silicone implant, that's a rip off! Plus, he never did follow up on any of my other questions either.. so crossed him off the list.

Does anybody have any first hand experience with Dr. Kwon for Aone? I would love to see someone review him at this forum.

it seems to me that you have yet to meet dr kwon face to face. You shouldn't trust him yet for that very reason as any perception you may have of a surgeon until meeting them in person is purely based on one's own assumptions. Also, the receptionist will always tell you what you want to hear. Surgeons have more of a tendency to tell you the truth but in a half assed manner so it threads the fine line of a liability issue. I recall one surgeon who i asked "complications such as mine are common when cartilage is used. Has any of your patients experienced this?" and his response was "well, every patient has a different idea of what they want their nose to turn out like. I think its better if we look forward to improvements and not perfections." Basically that's his way of saying, yes i do have patients who experience these side effects but even with bumps and unevenness its still better than the original nose i worked on. Yeah no, i'm not paying someone to botch my nose again with the same complications. I know for a fact that such complications are non existent when silicone is used so i am not going to subject myself through such risk simply because of the notion that its my own tissue. That said, I do not know anything about Dr Kwon's actual skill so i can't comment on that. I can only yet again warn you of the risks you will be taking by using cartilage for the bridge. Its to be noted tho that very very very few surgeons are actually capable of doing a flawless job with the cartilage method. You best make it a point to speak to his actual post op patients, preferably in the ward, to find that out.

Also i think what he means with the forehead lift is that to augment your nose your forehead needs to be augmented too for balance. I wouldn't necessarily agree with this as it is usually not essential. However, if you have a lower forehead, it is true that an augmentation will look better along with a nose augmentation.

Thank you.....You are right Kcouture, he used septal cartilage for my tip and he made the tip too projected up.