BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

Hi everyone,
I just had an open primary rhinoplasty using ear cartilage for my nose tip and soft silicon for my bridge. It is maybe still too early to judge my result and I still have a cast on my nose (I will have cast removal in 3 days), however I already can see the angle of my nose tip is too upturned to my liking. The consultant said it will drop down by the time. I'm very stress and worry that I will end up with unnatural piggy looking nose and I'm getting married in 7 months T_T.
Has this happened to everyone who has undergone rhinoplasty in korea before? Or is my result is normal after rhinoplasty? I have attached my before and after photos, any feedbacks from you guys will be very appreciated, thank you in advance !

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think rhino takes quite long time to really settles, i heard for the swell to really subside it can take about 6 months to a year. however you should already see how is your final result gonna be at post 3months mark. Where did you have it done?

@Mooncrystal i cannot say since i haven't had any ps before, but if i were you i would try to consult other clinics about any problem that might occur., just for my peace of mind and second opinion. What surgery you had and what happened? Meanwhile try to keep contacting them ( call, messaging app, emails and if you still at Korea visit them directly ) if you back to your country already try to consult to your local surgeon maybe?

@versible, thank you for replying. I am already back in my country and I have no problem consulting other doctors. However, what I am asking here is whether it is common practice for Korean clinics to just ignore their patients as I think it is unacceptable. They can reply saying that they cannot do anything anymore or cannot help and I am ok with that but they don't even bother to reply. I wondered what others would do if they were me?

I wouldn't say it is standard practice, but when researching Korean PS I did hear many stories that the response of some clinics after a patient had PS were sub par. Sometimes it is due to the fact that they only have one English speaking consultant responsible for responding to foreign patients, so if they are sick or on holiday you can imagine there could be a delay. So keep trying.

In case, you cannot contact them after a while, but you have complications/issues you can try to contact the Korean Consumer Protection Agency to ask for advise on what to do, as unfortunately for us sometimes ****ty aftercare does happen :sad:

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I’m going on Nov;

Hello!
I'm going to dr.jung shimmian to have my nosetip lengthen in december. Anyone will be going to seoul to in dec? I'm travelling alone.
My ps history:
2012 - has goretex bridge implant and ear cart for tip. Was satisfied with the result but overtime the tip was reabsorbed. Not so much but i prefer a longer tip!

I just got back from SK. Met some nice purse blog girls from overseas there too. Make sure you meet up with a few. It makes a difference when supported by people going through the same thing.

Hi Chocola83,
When are you going in Dec? I am thinking of 15th - 20th Dec and will be traveling by myself too. It would be nice to have a PS buddy :smile:. Please PM me - I am new so cannot PM yet.

Hey am going in december! Add me

Same, am going in the same timeline as you. I dont know how to PM too lol