BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hi,

I had my eye surgery yesterday and it went quite well. No pain at all. But I m worried cos my eyelids look ver swell and the ptosis does seem worse than before. Dr n nurses assured me this is normal, And I should look great next week when stitches are removed.

Hey onetwo,
Im not sure whether it is big or small since i cud only compare it to Teuim. The clinic was packed the entire 5 hrs i was there tho. N the patients who looked like they just had work done were really pretty, even w their bruises n swelling. I wanna say i noticed mostly facial contouring n eyes. Didnt c anyone w bandages on their noses, but it cud b bcuz im not getting my nose done so i wasnt paying too much attn.

the staff was just amazing, especially ms. kim! She is not a consultant, so she doesnt know too much about the surgical procedures or pricing, but she was so patient, kind and extremely helpful. For me, i needed that comfort since my stay in korea has been craziness so far. Even the shampoo girl was sweet. She walked me to the bank and doctors clinic to get an okay for surgery. I asked her if a lot of k-pop stars go to View n she said there is so much ps clinics that they go everywhere, but she did say dr. lee sang woo is famous for v-lines. He is so young, but i really liked him. He was so personable!

Sorry i m so tired right now, i will post a btr account of my consults at teuim n view tomorrow.

Hey congrats!
Im getting ptosis done too on saturday. If u want we shud meet up sometime.

Sounds fab! What was the price they quoted for jaw? And how much did you manage to reduce it down to? Also are you going to check out JW or TLPS? Those are the 3 I'm thinking of checking out.
:biggrin:

Hmmm, i couldnt remember, i think its about 60 dollars but it include sunblock and my medicine, wont be that expensive, you can give them a call first before you go there straight away..

No, i decided on view. If i were gonna get my nose done i wud have for sure visited jw. I nvr even checked out tlps. Got too confusing for me w the line n tlps. :biggrin:

Last nite i stayed at hotel highland, but now at a place down the road from there. Where r u at? Maybe we can hang out tomorrow. O dont worry bout whacha look like, i will b in that same boat from saturday :smile:
K i will pm u my kakaotalk id.

Hi all,

I arrived at teium at 1.45 pm yesterday for my surgery. They brought me to a comfortable recovery room with 2 side cupboards where u could lock your belongings. You must take off your clothes and change into a bathrobe. No worries, u are allowed to kept it on during surgery. Then they gave me an hairband and asked me to wash my face with the soap.

I waited for the doctor until 2.30pm then was brought to operating theatre. Already there were like 4 gals waiting for me. I was asked to lie down and they tie my hair. Then they injected anesthesia onto my right hand.

I read previously from soompi forum the eye injection was very painful. Apparently teium changed the procedure which is a blessing. :smile: you fell asleep for 5 mins and i would say it was a very remarkable virtual experience. I felt like I was in virtual space, seeing black, orange lights. Then I saw my greatest enemy and my love of my life! Subconscious? I have no idea....

I woke up at 3pm... I am always asking for the timing from nurse. I saw dr Kwon and he has this beautiful asst with him. Her double eyelid s very beautiful. 7 months old. Anyway, I could not feel anything while dr was working on Me. But I could sense him pushing my eyes at time, probably ptosis correction. He did my right eyes first and it was easy I presume dis it was already double eyelided, he just have to do epi n ptosis.

I think he took only 15 mins with my right eyes. Ok here comes the difficult part, my left eye has triple lines. he was working on it for an hour. I keep talking to him. Asking if my eyes are big? Beautiful? Haha.. Sometimes he laughed cos my pronunciation was wrong..
Anyway, he left at 4.30pm so I thought it was done. But actually it was not yet done but he was too tired. I suspected he went smoking cos I could always smell his heavily stained smoking smell. I asked if dr was taking a break and everybody laughed. I don know why but somehow they were very amused by my remarks the entire procedure.

Dr came back at 5pm and we finished at 5.30pm. Guys, really no pain at all!!! :smile:

From 5.30 to 6.30pm I was in recovery room with ice pack on my eyes. Again, from what I hurt it was supposed to be painful but then again, no pain at all! Phew! :smile:

So I got up myself at 6.30pm changed. They gave me medicines and an appt to come bak next day to remove eye tapes. My next appt is next wed to remove stitches.

I was not very happy when I looked into mirror. The eyeld was badly swelled. I could not see any ptosis improvement. It was worse actually. Anyway dr and nurses said I would look good after removing stitches! I really hope so.... Oh ya, at 7.30pm I felt stinging pain slightly. After taking painkiller it subsided. Today no pain at all.

Hope you find this information useful! Good luck to all! Cheers!

Thanks for the update Theifcat - Teium is definitely on my list to consult

..after Marir's research View may also be back on the list, but I personally feel their transformations are too OTT for me...then again all their 'after' pics look so good - so confusing!!! :confused1:

Oh.... Interesting I need similar procedures for my nose. I'll pm you cuz I have some questions.

Good luck on your eyes!!!

Hey all I met Nicole today and she's been AMAZING! She's very responsible and friendly and she entertained my family of four as well (who wanted to tag along) :biggrin: For those of you wondering, shes not the pushy type but she will take care of you and advise you and ultimately she will let you decide yourself where to do the surgery. I know this because after consulting 3 clinics which all went so smoothly, I sat at starbucks for a total of 3 hours staring into space because I just couldn't decide where to do it!! And Nicole sat with me and my mom for about 2 hours until she had to meet another customer, she even told me its okay not to decide now, I can come back few years later when I'm older :smile:

Now I'll talk more about the consults... I came here planning to do Double eyelid, epicanthoplasty and ptosis correction. Every clinic made me feel good so when it came down to decision making I had such a headache! Though I would say, all the doctors had different styles and personalities lol! Also, all the clinics are fully booked with doctors working all the way up to 10pm at night but they will try to accommodate foreigners... and I didn't try to negotiate any price.

First clinic I went to in the morning was Designer. It was located away from apgujeong in chungdam.. so I took subway down to Apgujeong and took a 10 min cab ride there. Nice modern interior. I was the first customer that arrrived and got to see the surgeon almost immediately :smile: Doc was a little reserved, calm and quiet, but hes the type that will try to accommodate your wants and likes. I think he can understand a little english but he doesn't speak very well so he chooses not to haha! I think hes the very artistic type. The consultant that took us had her eyes done 1 month ago. You can tell its swollen and thick but otherwise it looks very nice and pretty on her considering it was just one month ago? Total: 5 million won for full incisional + epi + ptosis, 4.5 million for partial incision + epi + ptosis. Suggeted full incisional for best result, skin removal only.

Second clinic was Real Cosmetic. Many people in the waiting room. Saw a few I believe to be consulting for mandible reduction. Seems busy. Met the consultant first and discussed before getting to see to actual surgeon. Her eyes were pretty and tapered. Looks very very natural but I guess surgically enhanced.. I guess haha. Told me I didnt need ptosis, just need a lot of skin removed. Showed me some examples of people with apparent ptosis but did just skin removal. All looked pretty good and natural! Also, she said I can either do embedding method or incisional. After that the doctor came in (i think he just finished a surgery), he was quite late in age and looked very kind! Can speak good english. He was very cute too hahaha. I think his style is more to the conservative and natural side. For those looking for very very natural results, Real is good. Recommended lateral but he said that since I'm so young, I can decide on lateral when I'm older. Told me actually everything is optional too hahaha. Total: 3 million won for full incision + epi.

Last clinic was Migo. Nicole told me that Migo is partnered with KBS and many KBS actors do their surgical work there. They charge 10,000 won for consultation, refunded if you do your surgery there. Very professional looking. The consultant there looked pretty in a mature way. Kept telling me that they will do a good job haha. When the surgeon came in I think he just finished surgery too. Very very very very headstrong and confident person. Recommended everything, incision, ptosis, epi, lateral. When asked if I can not do lateral, he said ok. Everything was ok lol. They are very busy so... yea. Total: same as designer, 5 million won for full incision + ptosis + epi.

Those were the 3 clinics I visited. All consultations were brief, briefer than I expected. After that I went to starbucks and literally stared into space for 3 hours because I trusted every surgeon's skill and couldn't decide at all. No pressure from Nicole either but only advise. Then it was getting dark and late I had to go so I picked a clinic, but I still feel a little heartpain over not choosing the rest. I wished I can pick all arghh! So I'm not gonna reveal which clinic I picked, but I'm having surgery tomorrow evening. For those of you considering eyes, these clinics are all well known locally for eyes and it is worth getting all their opinions :biggrin: Because its peak period now, their schedules are all full as they tried to squeeze me in. If you have any questions, feel free to kakao me at rach17. Sorry for my bad english, im rushing this cause I wanna sleep soon! :biggrin: Everything went so smoothly today I teared cause I'm just so grateful T_T Btw I think Nicole has a cheap place (her old apartment) for rent in Sinchon if you are coming over, just letting u all knw :smile: Good luck to all of you!

Hi Babymode, hope u have a smooth n painless surgery. U mentioned that the 3 u went is popular among the local. What abt Teuim? Any idea?

Hi Thiefcat, keep us updated. I'm worried as I will need to have my surgery done on the 2nd day of my stay, otherwise I might not be able to remove my stitch there if I can only remove after 7 days. I'm also worried abot the swell as I will be returning to work right after the trip. :sad: