BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi A_sa! Thanks for reading my previous posts! :smile: I am currently 11.5 weeks post-op and feeling pretty good.

I read that you want to maybe do some facial contouring. I don't know if two-jaw surgery is considered facial contouring, but I can try and answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable with posting my e-mail address on this forum. Can you post your questions as a reply on the thread?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SeoulforReal,

I had the same concerns since I did a CT scan and xray for 4 out of 5 of my consultations and had to do another few for post-op and orthodontists. In the end, I decided that it was necessary in order to get the look I wanted (and decided that I won't get any more CT/xrays for a LONG time :P). I actually received all my CT scans on a disc from Grand on my last check-up so that I can take it to my orthodontist in my home town. Unfortunately, my orthodontist didn't want to look at it, and took his own xrays and CT scan. I think I had about 10 to 11 within 3.5 months. o_o

Omg awesome. I sent an email in english.. if they don't reply I can ask my family to help write in chinese. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

I think this should be brought to the attention of Korea Ministry of Health people shouldn't take that many CT scans without a warning or they should at least give them on CD the first time around. I can see how that could be a conflict of interest, but it would save time and money for most clinics as well.

If you make that distinction then yes, your argument is valid. But then again, I was just correcting Darlene when she said Asians have common features.

Also, even if we do share similar distinctions, we are all different. By segregating east and south east asians, you're creating a stereotypical profile when in fact we're all unique. It's like saying all Koreans don't have a crease in their eyes or Filipinos have flat noses.

That's why I went on to mention that it would help if a surgeon has had experience on different facial structures (not Asian versus Caucasian) to determine which angle and proportion best suits you without having to say, this jawline or nasal bridge is what "xxxx" have nowadays (pertaining to specific race).

I want to highlight my own unique features without having to look like I came out of a catalog because I have heard that a lot of the new clinics are like, "Here's our before and after photos. Do you like anything in particular? We can do that for you..."

I was just saying that there are dentists who are maxillofacial surgeons since it's a sub-specialty of orthodontics and a totally separate field altogether. In some countries, only a dental degree will suffice, some require medical degrees. An overlapping of specialties may occur such as when an EENT (or HEENT) gets certified for cosmetic surgery.

And yes, all doctors have the basic skills, but they are all differentiated by experience. That's why I mentioned that with the proper training and experience, it is possible for them to be that good.

I think you're referring to jr/sr interns as the gambling part because most think they know it all. I've been around quite a few to know that their egos are as big as the hospital they're in. Those are the ones I'm afraid of because once you're out (put under anesthesia), you won't know who's actually doing the procedure. Especially in hospitals/clinics with interns, I wouldn't want them to be practicing on me like that.

A lot of the big clinics will have some kind of translator at hand, whether that be Japanese, Chinese or English. A lot of the smaller or less well known ones won't, View for example. This is due to the fact that the smaller ones main customer base are locals and word of mouth referrals. They don't really cater towards the foreign market like the bigger clinics and as such won't invest in an onsite translator. Its worth going with a translator if you want to consult with the smaller clinics.

Kiss Bang good luck ~ I'm at the stage where I need to set up a date for my OP... That's easy- and bargaining the price.... This one .... The receptionist couldn't understand me... Or won't??? Kkkk ... Anyway I'm still waiting for mine too ... I'll also let u know if I got mine replied

View clinic replied just now with this...

"Hello

Sorry i can't speak english

We haven't english translator here

If you come here, you must have english translator

Thank you,

ha young Noh,"

So I guess i've got to hire a translator which I think I need just in case, really interested with this clinic too. When are you heading to korea BabyRose?

Hi ladies,

I wonder if any of you have been going under 2 separate surgeries in one trip (Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty/mini V-line). I need some advices!

Last year I had Rhinoplasty in JW clinic and it did not turn out perfectly as I was expecting therefore I'm planning to go back to Seoul to have a revision. Luckily, the doctor is kind enough to do a revision free of charge for me.

But I also plan to do the mini V-line to fix my receding chin this time (either in BK Dong Yang or in ID clinic) and it has to be separate from the revision Rhinoplasty. I am a bit confused if I should do the Rhinoplasty or mini V-line first? Note that the mini V-line is my primary.

In case if I decide to do the mini V-line first then would the swollen affect my Rhinoplasty procedure? Any suggestion is welcomed!

Couple of factors here:

First you need to know the answer to this: Will your revision rhino effect your current bridge height? More height, less, unchanged?

It doesn't matter which one you do first, but there is a tendency to do nose first, especially since it might effect your bridge height, which in essence would determine how much your chin is receded, with that said, if you do your nose first, you might need some time to recover and then jump into your chin augmentation ~ recommend at least a month, but medical tourists do this a lot sooner.

You can do your chin first, but it might be best to get your CT scan done before your rhino, and during the consultation let the doctor know you are having a revision rhino.

The tricky part will be if you do the nose first, the general anesthesia tube, which you'll need for the chin augmentation since it's a more painful and invasive procedure, so you need to be knocked out, will be have to be fed through mouth, whereas it would normally pass through your nose to give the doc enough working space to work in an intra-oral incision (a cut inside your mouth at the base of your lower teeth)

A genioplasty is not a mini-vline. Mini-vline is a term that Dr. Park of ID Clinic coined for his signature style of augmenting the chin by vertically lengthening it and making it narrow angular to make your chin form a V shape from the front view. He tried explaining it to me in terms of how he makes this unique jigsaw type cut, which requires no plates or screws once finished. Not many clinics outside of Korea no about this technique.

A genioplasty can describe many forms of augmentation, but it is basically like the mini-vline in the sense that there will be a bone cut (osteotomy), but it sounds like you will need a sliding genioplasty because you are describing a horizontal deficiency, you may need some vertical lengthening as well. In this procedure, your chin bone is cut and then slid forward and fixed with a plates and screws.

I know that EverM doctor can handle having the tube down your throat while working on your chin - I asked him that specific question.

Intubation and Mechanical Ventilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VIw0fk4X0