BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

thanks for the long and detailed post. :smile: was there any haggling on your part? if you don't speak korean, is it easy to navigate around? also the celebrity you saw, i'm guessing it was minho from shinee possibly lol

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. I'm fairly fluent. Keep you mom company? LOL. I'm not that old. :biggrin:

Hi HKP, ops sorry just saw your message,, Sadly the host I stayed with didn't had any TV so Im not really sure then. Guess nothing happened for now which should be a good sign. :smile:

Nope. It's free.

Awesome. I've considered heaps. VIP, Shimmian, Samsung, Nano, April31, Item, O&Young, BeautyLine4U, Chungadam U, Wonjin, BK, Regen, Pitangui, Bangobagi, Hyundai Mihak, Bomvit, and Real Cosmetic are the Korean Clinics that I've gave some serious consideration, but they'll all fizzled out. For every pro, theres and equal and opposite con. And some just don't respond. I'm a little over South Korea tbh.

I'm semi-booked to go to Dr Wang Ting in Dalian, in September. I have a primary source who just had his nose done there with incredible success. It was a revision from Banobagi which was disappointing. But oops, this is a Korean thread. I just spoke blasphemy!

I have a few other things I want to do in the near future, but right now I'm only focusing on getting rhino done and dusted.

A great and proportional chin that compliments your nose can make all the difference. Kain did his nose and chin and looks like a completely different person. So it's only natural that the next step is chin. I'm also looking to do sliding genio in the future, as I am not too pleased with my implant.

No, VIP is good, I won't discredit them for their work. But way too overpriced.

When do you plan to get your nose done?

Haha, yeah for sure. I've been doing research for years, I've learnt all there is, and at this point all there is left is to make the jump. You can ask away.

Politically, the SK government is taking this seriously. Their military on guard for unprecedented attacks. But from a SK friend, the sentiment among the South Korean locals has been nonchalant. Noone is taking their Northern counterparts seriously, and the news isn't even reporting it as frequently as it is in the US.

The North is just trying to create a stir. New young leader flexing his muscle to show he means business, testing the limits of the newly elected female leader in the South.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm wondering if April is a busy time in general (despite the small list we've been updating), as the translators are fully booked. I was hoping on going in early April, but I wonder if I can manage it alone and on somewhat short notice. I speak some Korean, but the technical terms could easily bypass me.

Any tips on reaching the above doctors and clinics would be greatly appreciated.

Botox will significantly reduce the size of the muscle by "freezing" as it prevents you from using it so shrinks down. After several Botox shots over a year, the muscle will not get bigger as it will be permanently relaxed.

I think Zoe my translator has a slot free early April. What dates have you in mind? April is a good time to go, not hot and not cold, too hot can slow down recovery of swelling, I went in June last year and it was very hot, doctors told me next time come in colder weather as recovery is quicker. Also April is not too busy so you can haggle better prices. It starts to get busy from May.

Hey! How is your recovery? Also wanted to ask if Itawon is a good place to stay as its purpose built for tourists right? I have only stayed in Gangnam Gu and Yeoksam in the past so want to try new district.

I'm thinking of getting it done sometime early next year like (Feb or March). I know it's awhile away but it's always good to have a year's worth of research on this. I'm actually looking at some hotels know and i'm getting soooo excited. I'm gonna have a holiday in Seoul too even though i'll be recovering for the majority of the time haha. When are you going?

That's great! are you doing lipo first?

Yea it was not bad! it's a safer place to stay at as during my stay there, I saw many US soldiers pacing that area too。There are so any restaurants that caters to foreigners as well as volunteer tourist ambassadors who walks around in Itaewon incase anyone who don't know Korean needs help.

As for my recovery, I'm almost 1 month post-op, and I'm greatly disappointed with the result now and I REALLY REGRET going to Grand Clinic.

I have consulted with a doctor here and realized that Dr Seo, the doctor who did my facial conturing at Grand Clinic, have done an improper sewing job. I now have a 3 cm mentolabial / labiomental fold beneath my lip (which is not even centralized and is deviated to the left) due to Doctor Seo's improper sewing of my gum when he re-attached my chin muscles. Just imagine I used to be able to puff up my lower lip area (think a frog) but he sewed it so high up I can only puff up half now! All these wasn't told to me during our consultation!

And Dr Seo is such a big liar... I met him before I left Korea and asked him about the fold, and if it's gonna disappeared, he actually replied something like "it will go back to what it used to be" which is an indirect answer that shows that he was trying to hide something, until I pressed him again, stating clearly that I didn't have it before my surgery so does he means that it will disappear, and he just gave an unconvincing "yes"..

And for my nose (tiplasty) I have an obvious scar as well as a slight bump of flesh due to the stiching.

It really has caused me a lot of distress and had a few days of sleepless nights and bad dreams about it.. Can you imagine people kept asking me what happened to my face? I don't even want to go out and meet people now..
I've quitted my job, and just staying at home to get a grip on my feelings and trying to think about other positive things and watch funny shows to lighten up my mood.

For those who are going for PS, please do reconsider if you are prepared for the negative as well cause it may very likely happen. I've really staked a lot for this, and choosing Grand Clinic has been the greatest regret of my life because now I have to deal with such disfiguration due to a doctor's negligence instead.

The doctor that I consulted here told me he can help to even my chin fold out by injecting fillers in my chin, but it's not permanent so can you imagine I have to keep injecting fillers for as long as I live?

I will email Grand Clinic and will see what they reply when I feel less distressed as I don't want to explode in anger on them. Does anyone know how I can make a complain in Korea?

I'm prepared to take up a law suit case if need be so I'm gathering more advice from PS doctors in the meantime to make sure and to gather more evidence, and in the meantime get advice from local korean forums.

Oh cool you did chin implant?

Where/with what material did you do it and what was the cost ?

Btw, I've just come across ahappycamper's references to Dr Wang in Dalian and am tempted (i got family in China). But Im curious why hes not based in Beijing or Shanghai if he is that good, surely is a bigger customer base there

Btw i'm pretty new like bleeker.st and would really appreciate some intel from you haha

Oh god I am deeply saddened for you. So sorry to hear that. When i first started researching for clinics for my rhino, Grand was actually on top of my list, however after reading many reviews on here i've learnt that they're not that great. Thanks for sharing though, it will let others become aware of (some) of the surgeons' negligence.

Hope you physically and emotionally get better soon!

Hey I'm sure things will work out, the first few weeks can be pretty unpredictable so stay strong and keep a clear head. things will turn better =]