BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Agree. I understand why clinics would need a down payment, but to ask well in advance before an actual consultation is just not right.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But aren't there clinics that accept walk-in clients? That makes me more concerned if they're just after making a deal or if they really know what would best suit my features. I wouldn't want to get a revision right afterward if their intentions are just to get me on their book

Exactly! I understand the business and how to land a deal. I'm an entrepreneur myself and deal with sales all the time. But slicing up our face to make us look beautiful isn't just an "ordinary" profit-making business. We don't just have ordinary "consumer rights." It's more than that. So yeah, it isn't just about moral standards. It's making sure that we're taken cared off and not be given a lousy botched surgery.

Hi all,

I have a wound/scar on my forehead and nose and I'm thinking of doing scar revision in Korea. Does anyone know about the cost and recommendation of clinics? How long do I need to stay in Korea?

Thank you for putting this together for me you're a star! I want to stay near Rodeo a few days after my surgery so I am close in case I need medical assistance but after that I want to move somewhere full of restaurants bars and shopping but not nightclubs too loud! I would like to stay by a metro station as I intend on visiting lots of places so may be home late and by myself so don't want to be far. I am particularly interested in Itaewon as its not far so I can meet the others and its touristy with lots of bars and eateries. Last year I stayed at Star Hotel practically on top of Yeoksam station its quite far by metro but close by taxi as the metro takes the long route to Rodeo.

Yeah, I heard Dr Suh is fully booked until end of April with international patients.
He was also busy when I went, I was just lucky that time as he had a cancellation so he could fit me in last minute. Otherwise I would've had Dr Ahn. So so soooo glad Dr Suh had a cancellation! And yeh, he only performs rhinoplasty in JW. There are other surgeons too that do other things, but I think he only does rhino.

Nose isn't that painful, sometimes a throbbing pain and the nose drips after the cotton stuffs up the nose are removed and the stitches. But other than that, it was pretty fine.

Thanks for the tip! I do have a v-pillow in the house when I had surgery before, so i shall try that.
its just annoying haha.

I have emailed JW now about the ointment, so I will reply when I get a reply ^__^

Hi barbiegirl

I agree with seoulforeal,according to most forumers, most big clinics who definitely cater to foreigners will have english speaking staff ( one consultant or more) so you should be able to communicate "easily" with the staff.
Moreover, most surgeon seem to be able to speak english, or at least they are sufficiently fluent to be understood.

As advised by seoul, you could contact the clinics and check if they have english speaking consultant.

And I would also advise you to cross check with forumers here if the clinics you are interested in do have translators or consultant and their "english level", as I remember some posts where the translator or the consultant was not fluent enough.... ( theory and practice are different...)

Of course, you also might have your own translator as was the case for some forumers, they seem to go beyond simple translation, as they might help you for your recovery time ( emotional, buying stuff etc.....) which is definitely a plus if you travel alone.

I had contacted some translators and so far, the price ranges from 100 to 150 USD per day (with a max of 3 clinics).

The last point for translators: there was a debate about the possible commission the translator might obtain from the clinic you eventually choose. If it is true, it might infuence the prices the clinic will give you.
Mind you, this commission is probably worth it, if we take into account the time and energy spent by the translator to "take care" of you.

So maybe you should

1) contact the clinics and ask them if a translator is necessary
2) search the forum with your personal list of clinics and ask the forumers (who have been to your desired clinics) if they think translators are necessary
3) contact the translators as early as possible if need be, because they seem to be fully booked quickly...

hope that helps :P

for nose, it should be fine, it may look a little swollen but makeup should be fine for it.

I am 4weeks post op now and my nose looks okay. a little round on the tip still but the tip is the slowest to heal. My eyes on the other hand is the one where they look a little more unnatural, and will take 6months to look more "natural"

I dont think it is 100% necessary unless you are going to Seoul by yourself and are a bit nervous about going to each clinic.
I got one for co-ordination and to take me to each clinic, but ultimately I didn't really need one as in the end I went to JW and my cousin went to Teuim, both of which have english speaking staff.

Depends where you want to go as well, like other poster said, most have english translators or will source one for you and also in some the Doctors also speak good english.
JW, Teuim, ID, BK, Grand, Regen, Wonjin, banobagi - these places have english co-ordinators and Doctors who can speak goode english too

Migo, Dream, View - dont necessarily have english co-ordinators but the doctors speak english.

So it depends where you want to go

Also, most translators DO get commision BUT only from a select few of clinics. Dream and Migo give commision (quite a lot of commision too, my cousin got quote 3.8million won with translator, whereas another friend only got quote 3.3million without translator. SAME clinic. but with translator a 500,000won difference?)
. Teuim and View don't. JW i am not 100% sure. but I have a feeling they dont... i kind of want to believe they dont cos i went there >_<

But just be weary of this. if you do get one, go to where you want to go and NEVER ask them for recommendations as they will likely try and take you to where they get commision!

ahh...Dr Suh is fully booked until end of April?! So if I really make up my mind and go for JW I will either need to wait for 2 weeks or pray that someone cancels their booking at the last minute :sad:

Hey CinnamonGirl06,

I just got back from Korea and I had the same predicament as you. I did my 3 consultations and booked with JW for rhino. Although they suggested I put down a deposit, at the end of the day when I booked with them they cancelled a local's surgery date and replaced it with mine.

The computer was turned towards both of us because she was showing me photos of patients, and when she went through the JW schedule, i clearly saw how booked they are. JW was more busy than Cinderella & Jewelry (the ones i visited). Dr.Suh only does a maximum of 3 surgeries per day, with consults and follow ups inbetween.

I took the risk of not getting a spot during the online consult just because that it feels to me it gives them more leverage to charge what they want. I wanted to get surgery the 3rd day within my 2 week window but instead got it on the 5th day because of the tight schedule and just barely had enough recovery time before I had to head back home.

That being said, I don't regret not booking right away (but i was sure scared i couldnt get a spot in) Even though I really like JW and would recommend them, consulting with other clinics made me feel more confident in knowing exactly what I wanted done and a good idea how to put a price on it.

Oh, and you do not need an english consult for JW, they have one girl who speaks good english. And Dr.Suh can speak good english as well.

hi kisskissbang,

glad to hear from you !!! :smile:
hope everything went well.

Hello kisskissbang!

May I know your email-adress, so that I can ask you some questions about your nose job at JW?

Best Regards