BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Okyoyo, my Kakao ID is Chanel7

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I'm new here and I read your entire post and I am very interested in your post results if you don't mind. All of this is frustrating as it is and even more so confusing the more posts I read. LOL

Hi ibenlim!

My results are great! I'm still a little upset about my nose, but I will take care of that later in the future. Other than that I am so happy! :biggrin:

I'm glad you're finally going to Korea! It's best not to be "so sure" about a clinic because you may be disappointed. Make sure to consult lots of places! Like I said in previous posts, I had my surgery at Grand, but I don't recommend going there because my surgeon does not work there anymore (he opened his own clinic).

I wish you the best of luck! If you want to see before/after photos, pm me your kakao username.

Hi all, so after the butchering day I'm now still alive and fully capable of writing some reviews of the entire clinics I have been to. My main purpose of this Seoul 2nd visit is for the nose revision in JW and facial contouring. Luckily, on the arrival day JW provided limousine pick-up service, even though the flight was late for an hour but when I got to the airport the pick-up man was still there waiting for me.

After that I ran directly to High Land hotel, left the luggage and to Regen consultation. Note that I'm staying with turningpoint. She came to Seoul 1 day before me.

Ok, here comes the consultation part:

Regen: they have their own big building, fancy lobby, and quite a good-looking clinic, many Korean customers around. I was waiting for around 10 mins then there was a translator lady calls Chang-mi brought me to the X-ray scanning room. The good thing was I didn't have to pay for the examination fees. After X-ray scanning I got to meet dr. Oh Myung June (one of the three chief surgeon in Regen), he speak pretty good English. First he said if I want to achieve a perfect balance face then two-jaw surgery would be the most suitable one. But I refused since it's too expensive and invasive surgery for me. Then he mentioned the second option would be v-line surgery to give a baby face and fix the asymmetrical on my face somehow. He explained very carefully what he would do and the disadvantages. V-line could cause sagging problem so there might be a chance I have to come back one year later to have the laser treatment, plus in case if there is any infection from the screw (which rarely happened) then I have to come back also a year later to take it out since the bone is already heal them self. He showed me some of his patient who went under V-line and they were all look a lot better comparing to the before picture. Well, he seems to be an honest guy and I was pretty comfortable with him.
Price: 1 million KRW for V-line if pay with card, 9 million KRW if pay in case.

Face-line: a pretty small clinic close by JW, looks old to me (like 90s style) and there was a few Korean waiting for the turn for consultation before me, it was at 18:00. I came there with a Korean friend to help me to translate since they don’t have an English speaker there. Examination fees were 10.000 KRW. My friend said it seem like they have three main doctor there and they are known for “making” baby face types. I met with the doctor, he is around in his mid 40s but unfortunately I didn’t remember his name since everything was in Korean. He also thought I need a two jaw surgery to achieved the baby face but I refused. The he suggested mini V-line. Since I will be doing sliding Genioplasty to push the chin forward therefore there will be no sagging problem, unlikely those who want to advance the chine smaller.
Price: 8,5 million KRW for a mini V-line!?! No way, this is too expensive for me plus I don’t want to go for facial bone contouring in such a small clinic. So this is out of my list.

Dream: medium size clinic close to JW as well. The decoration is so white that totally remind me about the hospital. There was around 7 Korean waiting in the lobby. Examination fees: 50.000 KRW. A bit expensive but I have a friend (cherrykiss) who did her two-jaw surgery in Dream and quite satisfy with the result therefore I paid anyway. Then I met dr. Kim Young Joon. He just got out of the surgery room therefore I still could feel the rubber gloves smell on his hand. He seems to be a very confident doctor and I liked him too but not as much as the doctor in Regen. He suggested V-line for me.
On the other hand, the consultation girl was a pain in the *** when I told her I’m going to give them my decision after visiting ID hospital. Then she said with her bad English accent: “ID no good, Dream is-za better”… She wasn’t so friendly either.
Price: 10 million KRW for V-line, doesn’t matter paying in cash or card. No bargain!

ID hospital: this clinic was out of my list long time ago since I read itsumobaby and Iann reviews about their horror stories with ID. But I decided to give it a chance since I have a friend who is working in ID then she assured me there is no way that such thing as switching to junior doctor in the operation room, they don’t even have any junior doctor in the clinic anyway. Well, well, ok give it a chance I decided!

Big clinic, nice decoration and sleek. The crow is mixed with Korean and Chinese. I met a Korean lady who had a Rhinoplasty in ID and she was looking pretty angry and told me she didn’t like the result. But I think her nose look fine to me though.

The examination fees were 25.000KRW. Then I met with Euna, an English speaker consultation girl in ID. She speaks perfect English. We waited for pretty long (nearly an hour) to see dr. Park Sang Hoon. Heard that he is a super busy man. Then he came in the room with a smile and reading my file, asking how I am doing, blah blah blah… Wow, he is so friendly, speak very good English, totally different from my imagination in the review of these horror stories. He suggested a mini V-line for me. But I asked if I should opt for the V-line instead. He replied it depend on where I am come from if people would mind about the wide face but in general he thinks mini V-line is enough for me. Then he explained in detail what he is going to do and confirmed that infection from the screws should be very minimal. In case, that does happened I could go back to their clinic after 6 months to take them out without any charge. In the end I even asked: “Will you be the only one who do my surgery from A to Z?” then he replied “Of course, I will do everything for you!”.
Price: 6 million KRW won for mini V-line but since I have a friend working in ID, through her I will be able to get 20% discount.

I was so torn between Regen and ID hospital, I like them both doctors. But my friend who work in ID, Nicole and turningpoint didn’t think I need a V-line. Therefore my final decision is to do the mini V-line in ID hospital with dr. Park. Then I went to take the blood test and CT-scan again.

My friend told me, in most of the clinic in Korea there would be two doctors doing the surgery. The main doctor doing the operation and the other doctor just doing the stitching as the last step. Don’t know if it is really true working that way but I feel safe with ID anyway.

hi there... thanks for the input... but i was just wondering for regen u mentioned "Price: 1 million KRW for V-line if pay with card, 9 million KRW if pay in case."

1m for v-line? really? it has to be typo error right? LOL!

all the best for recovery! :smile:

Hey guys,

I'm caucasian (English isn't my native language) and after months of deliberation and after I've read all the posts on this topic... I'm finally heading to Korea mid-august, I'm planing to visit only 2 clinics : Regen and Banobagi. Anyone's here mid-late-august (20th-21st) ? I wanted to ask my Korean friend to come with me but I'm scared of her reaction...
I'd like to have mini-vline and accusculpt around my neck area maybe nose tip revision.

I'd like to thank everyone who shared his experience on the forum, it really helped me !

Hey, it supposed to be 10 million KRW for V-line if pay with card. Type error, sorry!:P

I wanted to visit ID and Dream clinic too but as I've read bad experiences about it so I finally gave up.
I've heard good reviews about Banobagi and Regen concerning face contouring which is my main concern that's why I've choose only these too. ^_^ I've also heard VIP is good for rhino but I'm still not sure about doing my tip nose plasty.

Before the surgery day I caught a cold and rested in the room the whole day. Luckily I didn’t have any fever.
On the surgery day: I came early at 8:30 in the morning. Paid, changed to hospital clothes, went to the room to wait for dr. Park. I even brought ”Absolut Vodka” for him as a present. Haha… Hopefully, he wasn’t drunk before my surgery, just kidding!
He came in the room, design my face, told me once again what he is going to do. Then they brought me to the huge machine to clean up bacteria on my bodies, then to the general aesthesia room. What a nightmare having that huge needle trying to go under my vein for 3 times. Ouch…that was ****ty hurt!
After the GA went into my body I just totally knocked out!
The next thing I know is a nurse trying to wake me up at around 12:30. That was the worst feeling ever in my life after waking from the GA. Frozen, shaking like a rat, super week, so sleepy, dizzy. Thought I have been dying and being born again… I know already now that after this experience I will never go under GA ever again in my life.
They got me on the wheelchair and drag me to the resting room. I was so tired and my friend came in said I would be discharged at 15:00. No way!!! I’m weak that I couldn’t even talk. So they let me stay in the hospital for the night. The first 5 hours was the worst ever since I have to keep my self being awaked while being so sleepy from the GA. I was indeed scarred. There was a guy in the next door also having facial bone contouring walking around in the hallway to avoid sleepiness, funny I thought, like a mummy with full of bandages on his face. I thought I could have done the same thing after 2 hours but I was too weak though.
Then turningpoint and ecofriendly came in to visit me. They were a bit surprised seeing me lying on the bed being weak, swollen like have been in a car accident. What a torture! I think my Rhinoplasty and eye surgery were nothing comparing to this.
After 6 hours I’m allowed to drink, and the nurse came in to check me up every hour. Have to admit that they are pretty professional and gentle. What a relived that I’m in good hand!
The next day (this morning) I was being discharged from the hospital. Paid around 60,000 KRW for the medicine since it’s not included in the price. The nurse explained clearly and slowly how to post-care my self and using medicines. Then they brought me to the X-ray room to scan again so that doctor can take a look at it. After that dr. Park and dr. Lee Taesung came into my room to check. Dr. Park asked how I was and answering some of my questions then rushing to the other patient next door. Dr. Lee checked the wound in my mouth and said everything looks fine then wished me a speedy recovering then went away.
After that, I got a facial treatment, the nurse came in cleaned my face and gave me a mask. They sent me a limousine back to the hotel together with a package of pumpkin juice.
My next appointment will be on Thursday and my deary friend managed to book an unlimited limousine pick up for my whole trip to and from the hospital. So I will have a free pick-up all the time. That was so sweet of her.
Anyway, for those who are not super ugly (big and angle face) I wouldn’t suggest to go for this kind of invasive bone surgery. But for those who really need it and want it then ID hospital in my experience would be one of a good place to go for. Will keep you guys update for the result!

teph... and august group peeps...please add me back kakao ID is sarahgreen.... i messed up on switching to a new phone

@moonspiral are you willing to go for double jaw surgery? That is by far the most dramatic way. From what I can tell, ID does a lot of those, but my personal opinion is that they reduce it too much. Also check out wonjin - the photos are amazing, haven't heard as much about them though.

Hi
I am interested in getting my ptosis eyes done. Can you give me link/password to the blog?
[email protected]

teph thank you for your recommendation ! I'll try to visit Dream.

sarah, can I join the august group too ? I searched your ID on Kakaotalk but I haven't found you ...

Hi please post your results :smile: we're more than interested. Thanks! Hopefully all is well :smile: