BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I am also going in August. Kakaotalk ID blueaugust13.

July 2013
JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.
Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.
turningpoint (14July - 28July)
ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!
ffxlulu(July 26-Aug 14) flight confirmed, clinic confirmed
jennylicious (july 29th-august 13th) most likely going with wonjin clinic but contemplating JK. already in korea for summer holidays currently.

August 2013 (kakaotalk group made)
HushBeauty (early in the month; 3 weeks)
LisaFelicia ( 13 August - 21 August; flight confirmed, clinic still tbc, likely to be JW)
jellybean0607 - Aug 21-29 (flight+hotel confirmed)
Boyizzy (July 30-August 15) Flight confirmed, going through seoultouchup, ID clinic -Rhino,Double eyelid, fat graft, vline, zygoma reduction, dimpleplasty, and love bands
gossips (August 14~15 to Dec) Rhinoplasty
ninatam (August 16-September 2, flight confirmed, v line + zygoma reduction)
kiba (Aug 19-September 6, flight confirmed)
OneTrackMind (August 5-17) jaw+chin (V-line?), eyebag, possibly hairline lowering

September 2013
Fashion lj (11-24 sept ; Flight & accommodation confirmed.)
Clammie (end sep - early oct)
carakitty (02 Sept - 22 Sept) Flight & accommodation confirmed
cutiepiepie (26 Sept to 6 October, flight booked. Tip plasty and double eyelid, translator booked)
councilmage (male; 12 - 26 sept, flight booked)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I guess with all the advertising, beauty shows and advancement in surgical techniques, shortened recovery time etc... but prognatism is more common in the asian population anyway which prob explains the high rate of 2 jaw in korea

I am from Singapore. Planning to get double eyelid surgery in nov thIs year. I have emailed many surgeons and received some vague responses and some too much details on hard selling. One of them was such as joke that I have decided to share with my colleagues.
The most professional and responsive is Bagnobagi. It is always within 24 hours if not within the hour.
I have decided to go with them.
I was against the nose job initially as I am embarking on a weight loss journey. Liposuction is too expensive for me.
Anyone any idea if the double eyelid n nose job before (14kg) weight loss will affect the appearence afterwards? I think features tend to change.
Many thanks

sorry I mention this actually from the dailymail

A doctor with the Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons said the double-jaw procedure took off around four years ago when a Seoul dental clinic ran a major ad campaign promoting the cosmetic benefits.
As it became popular, plastic surgeons began offering the surgery, causing the price to fall and making it more affordable.

A recent study estimated the procedure had been performed 5,000 annually, but it did not differentiate between cosmetic and medically prescribed operations.

Some 52 percent of those who had taken the surgery suffered sensory problems such as facial numbness, the study said.

Shin Hyon-Ho, a medical malpractice lawyer in Seoul, said he had seen cases where the surgery had resulted in chronic jaw pain, a skewed mouth, misaligned teeth and an inability to chew or smile.

He said: 'The number of plastic surgery-related cases is growing ... with complications becoming more serious.'

This was illustrated last August when a 23-year-old killed herself after having double jaw surgery.
She left a suicide note explaining her desperation after the surgery had left her unable to chew food or stop crying due to nerve damage in a tear duct.

The doctor from the Korean Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, who would not be identified, told international news service AFP: 'If we are seeing more complications, that's largely because the sheer number of people getting the surgery has increased rapidly in such a short period of time.

'Yes, it was originally invented to correct a dental deformity, but you can't blame someone for getting the surgery to look good, especially in a place like the South where beauty, especially for women, pretty much trumps it all.'

Yea reading this confirms my choice of choosing a less busy clinic or at least those that dont do 10 or more surgeries a day.. it's sad how some people get good result and others dont... guess it's just their luck

JW was the first to respond. While it was a short response, they seemed to agree with what I wanted and what I didn't want, which, though I know it might not be much, was somewhat reassuring.

I am still planning on visiting the clinics on my shortlist, though not until next year. I teach grade school so I will not have time until the school year ends next March. Even though it is a ways away, I will certainly keep following this thread, even if just in support of others :smile:

I would think weight-loss or not would not affect much of the nose since the nose doesn't accumulate much fats there in the first place. It may affect the eyes as eyelids can accumulate some fat.

Personally, in the past when I lost some significant weight, my eyes seems to have become slightly bigger. I do have a problem of fatty/puffy eyelids.

Are you now single eyelid and intending to do double?

Nice B&A picture! Thanks for sharing! This is exactly the procedure im looking into. I was reading some of your old posts and you got this done at ID? How much was the cost?

Hello , I'm also from the bay area and planning to travel to Korea for surgery. I'd love to talk to someone on the same boat. It's not that easy looking for a surgery center (:

Hi, I am definitely planning on a Rhinoplasty, and I'm getting interested in the facial contouring but there are many types of procedures for that so I'm investigating it.

Soong sister is a real Seoul surgery patient. I was there with her in June of this year. Her surgery didn't go so well. No support whatsoever from the mediating agency that is supposed to coordinate translators and all the visits for foreigners. She has the right to post her point of views whether it be positive or negative. People need to hear both sides of the stories and make an informed decision. Not everything is rosy.

The one on the left looks much better. The one on the right, the bottom lip sticks out now; not as balanced.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
its necessary for people to hear the good and the bad,
so we can decide for ourself

Thanks for sharing, I can't PM you back on the reply mode. Been trying for last half hour. Will try again and see if I can PM you

I agree Soongsister, too.