BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi Onlyif,

I'm sorry for what has happened to you after surgery. Did Grand offer for revision? I'm worry now that I am considering Grand as one of my choice for nose job. I've booked an appointment with them already, now i'm worried :sad:
Can I know who was your surgeon?

Thanks & take care ^^

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you guys bring money over to Korea? bank draft or traveler check? and how does this work over there
i'm so afraid of bring so much cash with me. If anyone knows about this, please help

hi all, i am new to this thread. i am intending to go to korea end nov/ early dec for mandibular and zygoma surgeries, also contemplating upper and lower blepharoplasty. just wondering if that might be too many surgeries at one go? has anyone done similar surgeries and recommend the best clinics for the respective surgeries? will be nice to hear from anyone post op. also, if anyone is looking to go around the same time frame, perhaps we could meet up?? :smile:

Hi Ninatam,

For me, I will use credit card. Me too worry about bringing large amount of cash there. However, some clinics that I emailed suggested that I transfer the money via electronic, or TT. You may check with your local bank, and I think they will charge for the transaction. Western Union or MoneyGram do provide the service as well. You may check it out :smile: ^^

Hi all,
I'm planning to go next yr. to decrease my face size (jaw reduction/ V line and maybe zygoma reduction, double eyelid, eye enlargement and rhinoplasty. I have a lot of qns to ask.. can anyone add me up on kakao please? my kakao ID is shersy. I can't PM because my account is pretty new. I've been a lurker on this thread for really long though. I've tried posting a few comments previously but got ignored...... I'd love to hear from you all. need help pls!

those that have surgery done with screw fixation, do you have trouble at the airport due to metal detection alarm?

i'm about to do surgery with fixation but i'm afraid of the consequences of having problems at US airport securities. undecided what to do

Hiii there... Im new here.. I'd like to have nose job, eyelid surgery, and my biggest problem is i have eyebags that been there since i was little, which hospital is the most reliable one ?

There are many reliable clinics in Korea. Reading the whole thread will help you :smile:

5 Weeks Post OP:

Just to clarify, I did not do 2 jaw surgery, rather, I've done mandible reduction, sliding-gen, and cheekbone reduction.

At five weeks post op, I can see the difference on my facial shape clearly: the mandibles are a bit slimmer; the chin is pushed forward; and finally, the cheekbones are smooth and not "popping" out. My friends say that I changed anywhere between 30 - 40% overall, and they don't know I have had surgery, and I did not have any feature (nose, eyes, etc.) changes. From that, I'm assuming that the overall facial shape change is obvious.

However, the swelling is remaining at 30% - didn't change, or changed very subtlety from last check up. I find that the recovery time frame of 2 - 3 weeks to be not enough to look completely normal, although you can use he excuse of wisdom teeth removal to justify the swollen cheeks.

Recommendations/ experiences:

1) For forumers that plan to undergo any type of facial bone surgery, it is very very crucial that you apply ice pack on the operated parts following surgery and right until the end of 3rd day. This is due to the swelling increasing dramatically for those 3 days. I find that the best way to "reduce" swelling is to prevent it from swelling as much in the first place. After the 3rd day, the swelling is set and will remain for a few more days, then slowly decrease - a bit more on the first and second week then very slowly afterwards.

2) I was very depressed on the first week because of the general anesthesia, and from looking at my huge swollen face :biggrin:. For that, I do recommend that you have someone to support and reassure you of everything. Also, do go outside to walk for a bit as sitting in your hotel room will make you feel even more depressed.

3) If you're thinking of not informing your parents about your surgeries, good luck! They will 100% see the changes, but probably wont suspect plastic surgery on first guess. Your parents have seen you grow since little and they will know exactly what is changed, and unchanged after your trip. My parents pointed out that my mandibles are different and my chin is more pointy right on 2nd day post - arrival but surprisingly, she didn't point out the cheekbones. haha. Luckily, my parent's definition of plastic surgery is only limited to nose and eye jobs, so I'm safe from being accused of ps as of now.

4) EverM Dr. Yoon's "ideal" face is to have the angular part of the mandibles completely shaved off to create a visible v shape bottom face. I find this to be contradicting to western beauty as we tend to view strong jaw lines as attractive - look at celebrities like brad pitt. I'm not sure about the Korean standards but I'm kind of regretting not telling him that I still want to look masculine but just less bulk - too late now.

5) Bring some protein, multi-vitamins, and weight gainers from your home country for recovery. I lost six pounds of pure lean muscle from this trip because of a lack of protein, after consuming a whole tub of protein in 2 weeks. The protein powder, and red meat here are super super expensive, compared to north America. Protein power at Lotte supermarket's GNC store cost 150,000 won for a 4 pounder tub - holy ****t! literally 3 - 4 times the price at home. As what Onlyif said, the key nutrients for recovery are protein and calcium.

6) Don't get ripped off. I paid 10 million won for mandible and cheeckbone reduction, and sliding - gen. If you get any price higher than that, just mention that a friend of yours got surgery there for that price - pm me if you want my name.

In general, 5 weeks is still too early to judge the final result but what I can say is that there is a moderate change from before, so it's not like Dr. Park's Oz clinic where the results are subtle and unnoticeable. I believe the clinic is a lot more honest than any other clinics I've consulted - the consultants seem to be nicer, and not pushy, maybe because their schedule is already packed..? idk Ultimately, I do recommend anyone interested in facial contouring to have a consultation with EverM as you will notice a difference. Don't take that as promoting this clinic as I'm just contributing back to a forum that helped me alot; all I'm recommending is a consultation - at the end of the day, the decision for which clinic should be based on how comfortable you are with the operating doctor.

Last but not least, ibenlim has done 1 -jaw surgery with EverM recently, so do wait for his review on EverM before making your decision.

Just read a few posts up, and saw someone inquiring about money exchanges, and customs.

I brought 13 million won (total, but some in won and some in Canadian) cash with me with absolute no problem and this was leaving US and lay-overing at Tokyo, then Seoul. TSA cannot see exactly how much money through the x-ray and most likely, if you just put a passport, and paper in your bag, it won't get inspected at all. I know it's kinda risky, but it saves a lot of trouble for declaring. At Tokyo, I didn't encounter customs at all, just security check, so no problem at all.

Here in Canada, the bank charges a flat $20 transaction fee for A-mex travller cheques. However, I find that the exchange rate for travllers cheques to be a bit higher - 20 won higher per dollar exchanged, so with me exchanging $2000 Canadian, that's $40 more than bringing cash. Totally worth it. Only KEB (Korea Exchange Bank) accepts cheques, don't confuse it with KB (Korea Bank), they're different banks.

Cash, all banks will be happy to accept and exchange it. For big exchanges, it is better to exchange it in banks, rather than in markets like myeongmon, itaewon, and dongdaemun because of the added security.

Hi Ibenlim! I know you're in Korea right now. I hope you're doing great. Can't wait to read how it went and which Clinic you choose. I'm going on August 21, also for 3-5 weeks. How long i stay depends on the consultations i have.

just a random question. how long in between after rhinoplasty to do revision? or is it when it's out of alignment?