BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I wonder if GA is different in Korea than the States. In the States after GA i never felt the way you all describe. IT is nasty and uncomfortable, but more the feeling like bad cold,light flu.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jellybean,
is it possible to add me to the kakao group please? my ID is kreme1210 , thanks!

Applejax, I'll add you to the October kakao group if you have the app. E-mail me on [email protected].

Before my surgery, I told myself that I will be coming back to this forum to provide any information that can be helpful, so here I am.
I am currently 9 days post-op, back home, and I had my eyes and nose done.
I speak absolutely no Korean so I was basically lost in translation during my one week stay in Korea. Some suggestions for your trip abroad:
-Bring a friend. Honestly, I don't think I could have done it alone. Getting these procedures done will test you and push you to your limits. I'm not saying that it's not possible to bear the storm on your own like many have, but I just think we all could really use some support when we're feeling terrible about ourselves while sitting in pain and wallowing in our own self-pity for those first couple of days post surgery. Plus, tackling the city alone when no one understands you can be frustrating.
-Use a Translator. If you can't speak Korean at all like me, then I suggest you hire a translator so that you don't limit yourself to only English-speaking clinics and also so that you can get any message that you want across to the doctor. This is your face we're talking about. There is no room for error or mis-communication.
-Mentally prepare yourself for communication problems. Not a lot of people in Korea know English. This makes it very hard to get served or your questions answered. I got used to pointing at pictures of what I wanted to order at restaurants and luckily most people understand when you're asking "how much?"
-Get to know the subway system. Once I had it all figured out, it was like being given the key to the candy store. I felt like I could go anywhere for 1,005KRW, and quickly, too. It was awesome and what made it most awesome was that I no longer needed to take cabs, which brings me to the next tip.
-Have addresses/business cards ready to show cab drivers. Most cab drivers have a GPS so if you can give them a business card of your hotel or clinic written in korean, they can take you there. Otherwise, they may just say no and kick you out of their cab. I got kicked out twice in one morning. It was not fun.
-Take some bromelain and arnica montana. They help with bruising and swelling. I took them for another cosmetic surgery that I did two years ago and they really helped.
-Don't mind the public. Plastic surgery is common in Korea so people actually don't really notice nor judge you when you're walking around with your face all swollen and looking as if you got into a bar fight. So don't be reluctant to go out. I went shopping two days post-op and it went great. You just kind of get over caring what people think and do your own thing.
-Enjoy Korea. Remember that you're on vacation. Take advantage of the fact that there's no tip nor tax. Korea has great skin care products. Look at everyone's smooth and well-kept faces! Go shopping. Go to a spa, get some dessert, eat to your hearts content.

I will post again soon about my surgery. I hope that this was of at least a little bit of help for some of you.

I am planning to go to Korea for V-line sugery, at very end of November or start of December. If anyone is going at that time, please let me know. :smile:

I'm starting to feel really scared about going.. I'm leaning towards going to ID hospital, even though it's quite expensive.

Hi, are u planning to do the V-line surgery soon? I'm going around start of December, really scared!

That's a bit scary D: never a good thing to have crying patients. Having confidence in your surgeon is important since you're trusting them with your face (and life).

Which other clinics have you shortlisted for rhinoplasty?

Thank you for the tips! It's great to know you're feeling well enough 2 days post-op to head out and shop xD I've been reading that most people tend to take it easy the first few days to rest up and ice pack religiously.

If you don't mind sharing, which clinic did you visit and who was your surgeon? Let us know what you think about your results so far :smile:

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Why don't you go back and tell them if they don't give your friend's money back, you will bad mouth them on all online forums. Maybe show them this forum. It worked for a forumer before. Make sure you'll be loud to scare off other waiting clients too.