BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

i think you are still naive... please read more of the forums. you will pay so much more if you use a company like that...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Makeover

I am glad that you are recovering so well. I thought you wouldn't be able to chew at all for a month. You mentioned that it wasn't Dr Yoon who did the operation for you. I thought small clinic wouldn't switch surgeon. Lucky it turned out great and you are satisfied with your new look.

Thank you for keeping us updated with your post ps!!

LOL. If I was rich and lazy OR get lost easily I would have taken your offer ;)
I only wanted to show up at the clinics with her, because I have a friend (American) I will stay with for most of the time. I guess I need to find a legit translator. Are there any sites that I can go to find that? Just in case, I won't let them know it's for plastic surgery until they show up. And I will look up all the different ways to say commission. That way, I can refuse if it is brought up~

What ways have you avoided this issue? I don't know much Korean unfortunately.

Interesting I booked the same place comming on March 10th and hoping to consult on March 12th. Bock Soon was very helpful in helping set up appointments and the clinics are really close to the hotel. I'm sure we'll all see each other bandaged up!!

I am so sorry about your experience. I wish you have a speedy recovery. Sometimes it's too hard to tell when it is still swollen, I don't think it would look as bad as you think, but do go for a revision to fix the asymmetry. My crease deswelled by more than half after 6 months. Btw, I think you are very pretty!

I know what you mean. The B&As are so misleading because it seems like they all put on makeup and did photoshop in their After pictures!

Hi everyone. :smile: I've looked and looked, but I haven't seen a question like this. I'm a Caucasian female looking to get a full rhinoplasty--lowering the bridge, making the tip smaller, shaving down a slight bump. Do any of you know a doctor who is familiar with this procedure? I've been to quite a few clinics for consultations but they either look nervous about handling a Caucasian face or they look confident but can't show me any past examples. Please help!!

vennikajayne: I think Korean surgeons are more experienced with tipplasty and shaving down the bump than reduction rhinoplasty. Most of the time, koreans get augmentation rhinoplasty which is to make the bridge higher with implants. I haven't seen a korean review of reduction rhinoplasty i.e lowering the bridge. I've seen people remove humps though.

The prevalence of certain surgeries has got to do with the typical ethnic features of the population. For example, many koreans have monolids and that is why the surgeons there are better skilled at double eyelid surgery compared to surgeons in the west. Likewise, many koreans have slim but low nose bridges and that is why the surgeons are better at augmenting a nose than reducing it.

You might also wanna take into account the difference in beauty standards in the east vs the west. So korean doctors might not be on the same page as you when it comes to what needs to be done. If you decide to do your surgery there, be very clear about what you want :smile:

Haha :smile: I think you shouldn't trust any sites too much. maybe if you knew someone personally in Korea but then they might also think about commission. I think many people in Seoul at least are very business oriented, looking for opportunities. Maybe someone not from Seoul? I don't know! Korean government has official translators and you can hire them. you should go to Korea and ask your embassy or some Korean government office. Those people will not take commission or cheat you. But they are not cheap. I don't know their rates, you should maybe call someone in Korea who knows. But I think their rates are high enough that you only want to hire them for the duration of the consultations and not all day.
I will probably do that or see if I can rely on someone in Korea who I know won't take advantage. I will go to Korea so that I can be there for at least a few days, maybe a week before my first consultation. This is so I can find out the best way to deal with the situation. Most people only go for 2 weeks, they don't have time for that. I will plan my trip so that I will have time for that. I think it will make things a lot easier. I will be in the country but not going to a consultation right away, I can look around and think about my options. Do you think you could do that?

First of All, yes Korean take commission of all situation. Born and raise that rule!! Specially all the rent room with private owner that volunteer / offer... Bingo!!! It's their chances to make extra$$. They went into the clinic w/ u then DR said I will do this operation for 3000usa$ then u can tell her whatever Above that is Yours!! Then " helper" will go exchange money for you, help take care you...etc. that is what I have learned from friends. Believe or Not is up to ur guys and girls!!! It's not deceiving! It's business!!

Hi I'm new here..I've plan go to Korea on march 15-31..anyone go to Korea on that date?i'll make consultation in bk,grand,pitangui n regen but I've read that tlps has a good rec too...any suggestion?i want to get a tip plasty n fat graft..