BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

So Teuim replied with a quote of about 4.4k for full incisionsl+ptosis correction and epi. Like am I payin for a surgeron thats out of this world? That is hella expensive compared to what pitangui quoted for me (2.5k). Not very pleased because i like their results.I'm also gonna consult with topps too because they seem really eager fo me to have my surgery there (probably not gonna get it done there).

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My face is quite flat and also my nose is flat with large tip. After consulting by emails with quite a few clinic, I can see I need cheekbone reduction, nose jobs and a chin implant. I was thinking also of liposuction but it might be too much for my body to take so I'll decide once I get my heath check results.
My jaw is V-shaped just that my cheekbone is wide rather than having volume at the front, which makes my face rather big, for that reason I dont need jaw contouring. I said NO with all of those who pushed me to do two jaw surgery such as ID or Grand. It is the most expensive surgery and I understand why they push for it, but if their sole interest is to make money and dont consider how much risk you are taking, they are not worth it.

If any of you is considering it, it is among the most complex and if you dont have an experienced dr. the worst complication is death. Less serious complications such as when nerves and muscle are interfered with, there were cases of girls who reportedly cried days and nights after the 2 jaw surgery because the tearing nerve near her eyes no longer functions properly. There has been many death case reported with 2 jaws (just do an internet search) so only do it IF ABSOLUTELY neccessary, such as if your mouth is severely protruded. My mouth is *slightly protruded, but I think a chin implant would do the job that gives a 80% similar result to 2-jaw. If ur jaw is very angular or square - go for Vline. If it is still slightly V shape there are many safer ways to make ur face looks nicer and youthful, such as having chin implant, fat removal, fat graft in the right place or shave the bones (V line surgery) instead of cutting it. If you are not comfortable with 2 jaw, ask your clinic if they have any alternative combo: it's easy to put implants into your body then later remove it if u change ur mind, but once you cut bones there is no going back. seriously.

I dont meant to scare you about this by saying all the above, but a method that has really helped me to make up my mind is to read info sheet/reports from public hospitals. If you search for the scientific name of the surgery, for example cheekbone reduction is Zygoma surgery, 2 jaw is Orthognathic surgery - then search for factsheets from established public hospitals or medical centres about it. Im from the UK so I use NHS information which is the national healthcare services. These fact sheets from US and UK hospitals are regulated and they are usually quite frank and list ALL the complications. Dont get lured into the glamor of all of these KR website, they make it sounds really easier than what it is, and also they NEVER talk about complication but all surgery comes with risks and you should be aware of it before going under knife and put ur life at risk.

Also another thing is: YOU WILL NEVER LOOK LIKE THE PICTURES THAT THEY PUT ON THE WEBSITE. Never. Period. These pics have been filtered carefully to trick you into thinking that getting pretty is so easy and to trigger your inner wants of perfection. You should not change everything about your face at once, try to find the pretty features of you that you wanna keep, and find way to enhance the rest in harmony with the existing features.
Sorry for the rant :b I just want to share some experiences. In Oct a girl from my country died from breast augmentation so I am super careful of surgery and only do what I need instead of what I want.

Very good MaiQ. Did some research huh!! Please to every new forums, you should read all pages... Don't skip. Make note of yours first Five clinics then separate into positive& negative . Read all informative from previous experience .
Everyone SOOO concentrate on the price quotes$$$, the quotes will change most likely when you get there. Cheap not always good! I have learned so much from Motherhen, Kcouture, shine glittery ,snooker... Everyone had some great points. Again, READ!!!

OH BTW THIS IS RELEVANT TO PEOPLE WHO WILL GO KOREA THIS YEAR: The Korean government has imposed 10% tax rate this year on nearly ALL procedures as supposed to just 5 popular procedures before, so almost all of your cost estimation would be going up

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2013/11/15/seoul-pledges-higher-taxes-on-cosmetic-surgery/

http://www.ozclinic.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?id=ecolumn&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=116

WHY WHY WHY I have planned my budget for so long now I need to hold back and save extra T__T

Hi there!!
Thankyou so much for the tip!
I am too also thinking of getting zygoma reduction, nose, and chin.
But I also heard alot of side effects of zygoma reduction!
Where are you getting yours done? & how much does it cost? Thankyou!

Hello all, I am planning on going to Korea end of this month or early April. I am from Los Angeles and looking for a buddy to travel with and possibly sharing accommodations or just hanging out after surgery. I plan on doing rhinoplasty and sliding genioplasty. Let me know if there is anyone out there that is interested! Thanks!

Okay..so ID called me regarding my refunds. She actually offered me 50% off surgery fees provided I do an interview with them in English and Chinese. She told me to keep this a secret because it's a special arrangement from the management. So how? Should I take it? 50% discount is hell lot! Which means they are desperate for customers.. Regarding the doctors switching rumors, she defended by saying all doctors are fully booked, so there's no way that other doctors are free to operate..which I think it's not very convincing..

I had my surgery at EverM last week. And I also did consults with Regen, D.A., and OZ.

Will post my very detailed experience once this swelling is over.

I feel soooo uncomfortable with this balloon face lolz. and to think it has only been 5 days?

Now I know what my Mom felt like when she was pregnant with me... and for the whole 9 months...

Makes me love her even more.... Hu hu hu I'm so emotional right now. I hope I get to see her again soon. Doing surgery in a foreign country is no fun at all!

Hi all, I've been researching getting masseter muscle reduction (actually cutting out some of the muscle so I don't have to keep getting Botox shots to them for the rest of my life) as well as mandible cutting to change the square shape of my lower face. I'd also like rhinoplasty with narrowing and raising of the bridge and tipplasty (I have a very rounded 'bulbous' tip).

Am planning to Korea to do both, preferably at the same place or within a week of one another (I'll stay there for four weeks). Was considering Banobagi, Smallface, and V.I.P. but am confused about whether all three places will remove masseter muscles as well as do the jaw shaving, and if all of them have competent doctors for tipplasty? Anyone have any ideas regarding these specific questions?

Hi all,

I was charged $16,400 for my browlift/face/necklift/smile lipt/lower bleph but today when I used a different email and asked for a quote, same procedures (for my sister) and they told me $12,000+10% tax. I wonder why? I had my surgery with Aone at the end of last year.

Hi MaiQ,
Sorry for the late reply, i just saw your messages :smile:
I didn't ask for additional discount cuz they already gave me discount which was within my budget so i agreed.

I got Purtier in Singapore from the direct distributors. I don't think they have it in the UK yet though.

I found my own accomodation which was not near Gangnam area, it was nearer to Myeong Dong as i wanted to be near the shopping so that I could walk around whenever I was well enough. And i walked around A LOT. In fact, I was already outside having dinner for about 3-4 hours on the first night after my surgery. I only stayed indoors on the 2nd day and on the night of the 3rd day post surgery, i went out again and took a flight to Jeju on the 4th day. I wasn't bedridden and i didn't stick to a liquid diet and my friends were pretty amused as i didn't behave like someone who just did surgeries, lol!!

There were some nurses inside the surgery room attending to me and Dr Yoo of course. I was given IV sedation and i fell asleep shortly after. I woke up i think about 2 hours later and they were operating on my eyes, i could feel him sewing my eyelids, and he asked me to open and close my eyes various times to check the sewing. I couldn't feel any pain at all.

So if you asked me if its a guarantee that he is the one personally doing the surgeries, i would say, well, i was sedated when the surgery barely started and i really wouldn't know... but i can guarantee he did my eyes cuz i woke up and witnessed that, hee hee. He also did my fats graft to my chin and smile lines. These were done after he did my eyes :smile:

I remember about that "intern in training" story, too. There was a member from Australia post about it. She underwent Rhinoplasty at Shimmian. There were like 10 Chinese interns watching the Dr perform the surgery. She said that it was really uncomfortable to have too many people watching her (and who know if the Dr let the intern operated on her or not).

Hey Quick2014,

I can't pm yet. Sorry. Just make sure you discuss ALL the details. Seriously. I made a mistake to trust them totally. They keep trying to convince I am wrong. Well, I have a mirror. All the best.