BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

could you email b/a? it would be extremely helpful. thankyou.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to pull out large sums of money from any ATM be sure to contact your bank first. A lot of accounts have a cap on how much money you can withdraw in one day. If you make multiple large withdrawals ESP in a foreign country you can be sure your bank will probably freeze your account for suspicious activity.

Kind of dont get the fuss about money issue, my friend even bring 16k USD in cash nothing happen, I myself has brought 11-15k AUD before (not this trip, i kindaa done it several times). Dont overthink it, then again, we might be lucky. But custom wont have the time to check every single bag, the reason why they void 10k carrying amount is to prevent any suspicious activity, usually if its only for leisure or for yourself it wont matter. Its not like we gonna do harm :3 As for large withdrawal of money in foreign bank you just need to tell your local bank you're going overseas prior your trip,they will understand and wont freeze your account. For T money, I prefer everything by cash, much more practical and convenient, unless you're planning to stay here for 1month or more then you might consider T money .

Btw you guys must try korea's banana milk in their 7-11, so friggin yummaay, the fact that they stock bibimbap in their 7-11 amaze me too ! haha, done some shopping again ystd, my luggage is so full now im leaving in 3 days , excited yet couldnt bear to leave this awesome place.I recommend going somewhere out of gangnam, like hongdae, mapogu etc. its more of korean vibe there and more lively! Gangnam,sinsa and central seoul is good too though. Might get back here for short term in the future as my skin clinic offers free treatment for my future visit :biggrin:

ah yes i think i remember your post on cozycot. are you experiencing sagging? this is a huge concern of mine. i remember you saying that you took off quite a lot.

It's called At Plastic Surgery. The surgeon is Dr. Park Heung Sik and he specializes in ASO and two-jaw surgery. At the same time, he's very good at v-line and often combines ASO/two-jaw surgery with v-line. During consultation, he explains everything very well (in Korean!) and draws many pictures. His style seems to be to tell you EVERYTHING you need but gives you alternatives for "80% result" if you know what I mean... The clinic is small, professional, and posh. The surgeon performs only 1 surgery a day and told me he only leaves when you awake from GA, drink water, feel comfortable, and fall asleep. I've been to another clinic for consultation and the consultant there recommended At, if I didn't choose them. Only thing is... compared to other clinics, the prices are a bit more expensive!

Let me know if you have any more questions... I may have missed something.

Yeah, I felt really bad for her as well. We all want to get plastic surgery to look more beautiful, so I can only begin to imagine how she felt when the doctor at ID messed up her face. I'm really rooting for you, and I hope that you'll be in contact with ex ID patients. I think this particular girl would have joined you, so it's too bad she hasn't logged onto CC in a while. :sad: Have you decided when you'll go with back for revision? Is it free?

Sure thing. You really shouldn't feel worried about bringing a bunch of money. ^^ I'm bringing a large sum of cash with me to Korea from the states as well, so I plan on doing the same thing. I'm actually more worried about my money being stolen or lost. lol So once I pass customs, I'll probably end up stashing my cash in an intimate place like the zipper pocket of shorts underneath a layer of pants, or inside my shoes, or maybe in my underwear. :wtf: Gross, I know. lol

Hi Alice, welcome to the forum! ^^ I know that you've probably gotten this question a lot, but living in Korea, do you have any recommendations for particular clinics/hospitals that may be popular among locals. I've been gathering plastic surgery messages from Koreans on Naver, but you can imagine that the process is a little slow before I get any real, distinct local favorites. Also, what is your opinion on smaller clinics vs. bigger clinics? I've been meaning to check out a bunch of smaller clinics during my stay in Korea, and I think a few others want to as well.

Exactly. theres very little infos about fat grafting. please share your knowledge and experience after your surgery. i hope it all goes well for you~ =)

Hi KangEst, I was trying to find some articles on that method, but I couldn't find any, so I wouldn't be able to comment with a doctor's opinion. I would imagine, however, that that technique would be valid. The only problem I could see is that eye fat is located pretty much on and around your top lid and under your eyes. If you want to reposition the fat from above the eye to below, I would imagine that you might run into problems with the upper eyelid hollowness.

EDIT: Actually, I think that your surgeon is talking about "Arcus Marginalis Release," which is a valid method of modern blepharoplasty. This is what I got online: After dissecting the orbicularis off the septum, cutting cautery is used to release the arcus marginalis. Orbital fat is advanced, and the orbital septum is reset onto the facial aspect of the maxilla. Both fat and septum are secured to periosteum with multiple interrupted 5-0 polyglactin sutures. The result is a smooth contour that obscures the infraorbital rim and resembles the contour of youth.
If you have no idea what the heck any of that means I attached two photo. The bottom picture: the top three illustrations depict traditional blepharoplasty, while the bottom three depict arcus marginalis release. From what I've read, this procedure has the same results as a fat graft, and I but it is a lot more invasive since it requires actual surgery. And while the idea that the fat is not removed permanently (which could further hollow a patient and make dark circles worse) is promising, in recent years, some senior occuloplastic surgeons have mentioned that they felt that the fat did not survive well in the re-positioned area, and the hollowing characteristic of aging was still occurring. So arcus marginalis is not a permanent solution for hollowness, but can be for dark circles.

I've been reading several articles and studies online, and it seems the average lifespan of a filler, like Artefille or Restylane, is 6-9 months. I've read, though, that fillers when done a few times can actually last many years, if not indefinitely. They just don't have the same rejuvenating effects as fat grafts. When belly/thigh fat is injected under the eyes, the average lifespan is 2-3 years, some less, some indefinitely. If a person is older and/or exercises a lot, then the lifespan is shorter. Also, fat grafting can change with metabolism changes as a person changes from the 30s onward. Smoking also decreases the amount of fat that will remain permanent (most is reabsorbed by the body). Fat grafting via belly/thigh fat also has a greater chance (even in good hands) of developing lumpiness that will be hard to correct. The main reason for lumpiness is overcorrection. There is too much fat injected into the area, and this prevents new blood vessels growing to supply the fat graft, then we get cell death, and a lumpy consistency. So it's better to have an undercorrection case that requires you to get another fat graft, than to have an overcorrection case that is hard to fix! I know some hollow-eyed people like me want their eyes filled out, but less is truly more! Clearly communicate this with your doctor.

Also be sure to ask your doctor what method he uses and have him explain it to you, because there are actually various methods of fat injection. Injecting over the muscle, for example, increases the chances of visible bumps showing under the skin. Other doctors will do fat grafting through the mouth, but as you can imagine, the technique is very inaccurate. The best technique I've come across (when done correctly) is when doctors use Japanese cannulas to hit the tear trough, as this has nearly zero risk of major bruising. Unfortunately, I don't think that many doctors use this technique in the states, though I'm not sure about Korea. For asymmetries and hollowness around the eyes, this microsurgical microdroplet technique provides the smoothest, longest lasting results. How this translates in Korean, I wouldn't know.

Fat grafting is less predictable when correcting only a small area, like under eyes characteristic of most young people. However, if you have a greater area of hollowness, you will likely receive better results because the doctor can use a cannula on you. Very hollow eyes will do even better with fat. Also note that fat grafts last longer in areas of non-movement, which is why you'll have a more successful correction of revitalizing the under eye area than creating more volume in lips, which are always moving. This is why I believe that fat grafts to upper eyelids (which move a lot) last less longer than grafts under the eyes, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, the actual procedure is as follows: 1)Local anesthetic injected in the harvesting site, 2)Insert cannula that's connected to a syringe through the incision, and carefully suck out fat, 3)Fat is purified via centrifuged to remove unwanted impurities, then prepared for transfer, 4)Area for graft is prepared, and the fat is inserted with a needle or cannula into the site being augmented, and 5)Repeat until the desired correction is achieved.

After the procedure, it's very very important to avoid massage and excessive facial movement. You do not want the fat to migrate away from the desired areas of treatment. A repeat procedure may need to be performed if the desired outcome hasn't been achieved, but this shouldn't be within 3 months of the first graft.
How much of the graft actually survives and for how long is debatable. During the first few months your body will resorb around 65% of the fat. The remaining 35% will usually stay in place. The amount resorbed by the body and ultimately the lifespan of the graft is highly dependent on the technique used in grafting. By month four, you'll be able to see the final result of the graft. The doctor can do touch ups after that, but it won't be necessary if your doctor uses great technique with the graft.

I know it's an eyesore, but I replied to your questions in caps in the quote lol.

Ahaha sorry I meant euro :x

hi! thank you so much for replying to my post! you answered every single question. really appreciate it =)

my concern is not really whether the fat moves, but the longetivity, because most of the time, triple fold is caused by insufficient fats on upper eyelids..and so if im going to have another incision under my current scar, it means i will have 2 scar. the extra scar will be the old scar above the new one(hope its not too confusing). so the longetivity matters to me because im afraid that after the fat disappears, my old scar will fold again..

yes i understand that nothing last forever, but if it can last as long as my original fats would, i think that could considered as "permanent".i find it confusing because some people say that after 6months, 9 months,1.5 years, the grafted fats will disappear, but well it all depends right? so it feels like even if my fats stayed for 1 year, it doesnt mean its going to be final and thats depressing, dont know when it will be gone. lol.

the doctor uses open method, and in his website he says that the most important part is to gaze upwards during injections. i think this is something different i've heard from other doctors..and the rest of the procedure are the same i guess. just like what you have read from his website. his paper was actually published in koreas plastic surgery um..association or sth.

Dr kwon didnt really say why it is permanent. he only mention that its effective around the eyes..check this out, if you're interested.
http://english.teuimps.co.kr/english/06_ancillary/ancillary02.html

conclusion: so you are saying, even if the fat graft procedure is successful and done by doctors with good hands, most of the time it will only last for 2-3 years? meaning after that we will return to the original state again?=(

double eyelid surgery have really caused a lot of trouble. i have fastened the aging process and seems like it is irreversible=( i wonder why my doctor removed so much fat in the first place, just frustrating.

anyway how about blindness? i read that because there are a lot of blood vessels around the eyes, so if its injected into the vessel, it will cause blindness. i've asked my doctor in singapore before, he said the way to avoid blindness is to pull the needles out while injecting (if you get what i mean hehe) any thoughts about this?

Addition: check this out. one of the example actually lasted for 3+ years and it could be even longer than that. but i think that patient injected twice.
http://www.lipostructure.com/upper-face
theres fat grafting for lower lid too, you might wanna check that out.

Dr.sam lam from dallas his method also last for few years, and it even gets better every year!