BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hi itsumobaby,
I am planning to do buccal fat removal and some of the clinics said they will do the Accu-lift for that. Where on your face did you have it done? ID is on the top of my list and now I am scared after reading your post. Please advice!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November 2012
- Via (20th Nov - 6th Dec)
-Faithhope01 (Nov.26 - Dec.10)

December 2012
- cjchen (16th - 25th)
-fantasyface (17dec to 10 Jan): Vline,zygoma reduction
- loverrrly (surgery date dec 8)

January 2013
- sWalloW (6th - 19th)
- shockingpinkz (7th - 23rd)
- Cher87 (9th-30th)
- miso soup (7th - 20th)
- JQ132006 (11th - 26th)
- momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
- TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)

February 2013
- sesamekiss (27th Feb - 12th Mar)

March 2013
- spartakooks (7th-16th)
- R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)

My friend got hers done at JW.
I think you should expect your eyes to be red around that area for a few months. I do trust Dr. Gim because he has been candidly truthful (like telling me that my eyes will look "artificial" for the first few weeks) so I think he is right. Moreover, Shane77 in the first forum posted his pics with 3D epi and i think it was like Day +12 or something, you could see the redness in the corner of his eyes.
Do you really need to do epi only? it seems like a far place to just go to Korea for that. Perhaps you should think of "going to Korea for a vacation" and then on the side, do the epi :smile: Haha. Its just semantics, but that may make you feel happier :smile:

Have you seen Dr. Park since your surgery and did you talk to him about it? I think they will work with you on revision if you are not satisfied. But again, too early to tell. Perhaps its worth posting on other websites with professional doctor's advise/ consultation. Dont get overly stressed at this point - it wont help with the recovery. Stay positive and one step at a time buddy!

Thanks - it's very nice of you!
I realized that my eyes are actually smaller after the surgery (although the lid) is bigger. I really hope it is the swelling. :sad: I am looking so different that I wished I got rhino and mini-V instead of eyes and mini-V.

Yes - it is quite impossible to go back and say that you had nothing done. I tried that myself and I think I just proved myself to be a walking liar to others. lol

If i can, I will post another pic next week at week 3 and 4. Stay tuned!

Yes - it is peak season now. The school holiday just started last week. Even for ID employees, they are not allowed to do surgeries during this time. lol
I would suggest not to judge ID based on their e-mails (I agree - it sucks and they should do better on this dimension).

However, for those of you who are interested in ID (or any other places), you should have a face to face consultation before deciding. It's important to feel comfortable with and have a good chemistry with the doctor. Also do your research thoroughly because you dont want to regret it post op. Be vocal about what you want and what you don't want. The more informed you are, the less "surprised" u will be post op.

I did see him after surgery he came up to the recovery room to see me. I didn't notice anything tell I was able to get up and look in the mirror. I don't think there's anything he can do at this point.

I'm on day 5 - major swelling going on right now and difficulty breathing. I wish Dr. Park could of explain things better and how it would effect my profile. When i was asking him things. He just agreed. Now I look like a mutant I have no lower jaw. It like super short.

I'm trying to stay positive as can be. Thanks!

Hi MiaAnn,

I saw you mentioned Dr. Gim from ID but I can't find him on ID's list of medical staffs. ID, Grand and Regen are on my list, so I am trying to see which drs. people on this forum chose. Thanks in advance!
I'm totally agreeing with you about face to face consult before deciding. These clinics been pushing me to put down a deposit 2 weeks before the surgery date to secure a spot. But I don't feel comfortable doing that without know anything about the dr.
Zoe also said that I shouldn't.
I'll be there in 11 days.

Thanks so much i'll do just that. i'll try to post my progress

Sorry, it's Dr. Kim Junesung (it's just pronounced Dr. Gim, instead of Kim).
Yes, dont give into the deposit thing. Hopefully you can stay longer in Korea though. It is the peak season now, so you may not get a surgery spot the very next day after your consult, but it's better to feel comfortable with your surgeon. Are you getting Zoe? I miss that lady!
You've got to try the Sam Geh Tang (Chicken Ginseng Soup) especially when you are healing. Ohh, its heavenly! Still makes me drool thinking about it!

Thank you for the info! I am staying the for 14 days, so I hope that's enough time. I wrote to ID but didn't hear back from them so Zoe is helping me with booking the consultation appointment with them, so I am happy about that. Did you use her too when you were there?
Ok, I'll make a note of the chicken soup :smile:
Btw, did they assign you to Dr. Kim Junesung? What is your overall experience with him and ID in general? Did you negotiate and if you don't mind share how you do it and how much did you pay for the procedures? ID is on the top of my list so it would be helpful to hear it from you. Sorry for all the questions!!!!

No problem - happy to help!
What are you having done Faithhope? It's exciting you are going soon! Yes, I did use Zoe and I am very glad I did. It is much less of the translation services that I got the most value, but it's more around having a support system, having a friend and someone that cares and knows. If you are going for Dr. Kim, you dont really need a translator. He speaks really good English - but like I said, I am very glad I had Zoe. Her friend Tony also helps out and they turned out to be close buddies to me now. In fact, Tony saw my broken Iphone case and gave me a new case! Especially if you are going alone, having Zoe will be great.

I like Dr. Kim a lot - in fact, better than Dr. Park. I feel that Dr. Kim is very precise and detailed oriented, but he is also candidly honest. He doesnt seem to sugarcoat the procedure or the healing process. I like that! However, be aware - he has an eye of a hawk and he will tell you alot of things that's not right about your face/ (or whatever you consult him on) - but that's because you asked for his expert opinion and he has a great level of precision. Just know that the end decision is yours to make. You can go back to my post a few pages back about my consult with him on eyes and nose, and I ended up skipping my nose procedure.

I personally think that ID has great integrity and very good post-op care (if you are doing facial contouring - not sure about others). I.e. they insisted that I take off my belly ring before the surgery. As I was on panick attack at that time, I couldnt remove my belly ring, and they told me that they will have to saw it off before the surgery. On the other hand, my roommate who had her surgery at JW went ahead without removal of her belly ring. The bad thing about ID is their lack of responsiveness to e-mail and the wait for consultation is usually pretty long (can be a few hours before you get to see the Dr.)

It was very hard to bargain with ID - I only manage to knock off 1M off a 13M procedure and that was after a long a$$ haggle. they are trying to use a one price policy now. I did double eyelid, fake ptosis correction and mini V for a total of $8M. It's not 13M because I ended up backing out of the nose job the day before the surgery.

I booked a consultation with Tlps last night, and this morning a staff called me. She's really fluent in english. I have confirmed my consultation dates with her already (1 Dec).
So i am wondering if should still be hiring a translator (zoe)?? I am going to kr with my bf*

Hi Mia Ann,

Was ID able to schedule your surgery 1 or 2days after your consultation?

I'm going in Jan and have not decided on a clinic yet as I'm inbetween teium and ID. I do not intend to put any deposit till I have had my face to face consultation.

But I'm worried that its their peak season and they will not be able to schedule the surgery on so short notice should I decide to to choose Dr Kim.