BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

hello Marir,
just wanna share some thoughts=)

Dr.sam lam from dallas said this..

"fat grafting is definitely permanent, no question. my own mom is over 4 years out and still looks amazing. people who say that it only lasts 3 years must be totally insane. how does a graft get up and leave after 3 years? it is impossible. a graft will either have blood supply or it won't, period. it will live or die period."

so this is what i meant previously, how can a graft get up and leave after 3 years.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I got quite a bit of information on fat grafts from Dr. Lam's website. He seems very experienced. And I don't think a graft can get up and leave after three years, it takes time. How long depends on the individual. Once the fat has been grafted, it'll take on qualities of the nearest tissue, and will act like the donor site. In the same way that a child loses the volume under his eyes after many years, the same thing happens to people with fat grafts. Aging is usually linked with weight loss, sleep deprivation and all of that stuff, so that may be a reason some fat grafts don't last as long as others. That, or natural resorption typical of age. Depending on the individual, a fat graft can last less or more than 2-3 years, but the average lifespan I've noticed from patients treated from western doctors is 2-3 years. This may be entirely different in Korea. I remember a particular surgeon said that even in the most capable hands, you can still see problems under the eye if the doctor doesn't use the best technique. However, if the doctor uses correct technique, keeps the fat handling atraumatic, doesn't overfill (which reduces fat survival), places the graft in the most vascularized area, layers, etc. it can last a lot longer. So, with careful selection of recipient and donor site, planning and execution of the graft, and having an experienced doctor who knows what he's doing... you could very well have long-lived results.

"Fat is a well-vascularized tissue with high metabolic activity. Fat serves as a reservoir for energy storage and the number of fat cells is generally assumed stable after completion of adolescent growth. Changes in the volume of fatty tissue relate to the size of the cell and overall lipid content. Fat cells removed for fat grafting do not regenerate and harvest sites generally are reduced to some degree. The grafted cells shrink and enlarge with overall weight gain and weight loss and generally act like their donor site...
Variables included in fat graft success include removal technique, fat handling after removal, centrifuge speed and time, re-implantation procedures, patient’s metabolism and health, smoking, patient aftercare, recipient site vascularity and recipient site choice."

If you find a doctor in Korea who seems very experienced with under eye fat grafts, please let me know. ^^

Hey april, sure thing. I'm trying to fit in 30 more messages I got last night, so I'll be sure to send it to you (and everyone else who asked me) after I'm done. ^^

Hey! Your eyes look beautiful. ^_^ They look very natural, minus the bruising lol. And you healed so freakin' fast! lol I'll be sure to do lots of walking around after my surgery, and hopefully I'll heal as fast as you. And I see what you mean about having a higher fold. Looking at your pre stitch-removal days, you could definitely pull off having higher lids. Are you planning on doing a revision in the future? Because I do think your eyes look great right now. They remind me of a Korean celebrity's, but I can't think of her name right now. Maybe a bit like G.NA though?
Anyway, please keep everyone updated. I'd like to know what you think of your eyes after the swelling and bruising has subsided.

Haha thanks for those kind words! At the moment I'm not thinking about any revision, as I háve no complains about my eyes now. Only being greedy about wanting a higher fold than what I'm given. Maybe in the future I might change my mind, who knows....

Yup I walk so much that I didn't have enough time to stay in the hotel to ice my eyes. I only do cold compression max 2-3 times a day while I'm sleeping. Also, I was given 5 days worth of medication (x3 daily) by View. The pills are for inflammation/swelling/pain relieve? I'm not sure. I didn't eat all of it because my meal times were unpredictable.

Hello all! For those of you who are familiar with my operation, you might know that I'm just approaching my 1 month post-op of my rib graft rhino. Turns out, the hardness that everyone has experienced is definitely true haha, I know I had said that I didn't think so in my last update, but it was due to the fact that I was still swelling like crazy and that's the reason it felt 'softer' when it was really just tender to the touch!:P I feel that it's definitely something you can live with as long as you don't play lots of contact sports etc!

For those of you who had any rhino done, have any of you accidentally pulled out a dissolvable stitch??:amazed:

Oh. wow. If you don't mind, can you tell me around how much they charge for a double eyelid surgery procedure? Thanks!

Are you gonna be sending it to the people who asked for the 1st version? If not, could i get the updated one too. Thanks a bunch. :biggrin:

Hey... I dont need eyelid done so I don't know...Im sorry but I imagine it would be 1,000,000 KRW more compared to ID and Grand cuz' it's like that for rhino...I think it is best to wait for their answer or to call them since they might take longer than usual to reply :smile:

Dear all,

First of all, nice to meet you guys here.. I'm also interesting to get a double eyelid and nose surgery.. I'm planning to go to korea on February next year.. However, still searching which clinic is better and price is reasonable

Gal, may I know which clinic you go?

lol... same here... i've a list more or less for consult... eyes at regen/teium (leaning towards teium) as for nose i'm still considering since my mum 'strongly against' it...

i wonder when would i be able to save the amount needed up... LOL