BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I pretty much told her the same thing lol. I think it's better for the guy to first get to know her personality and love her for who she is now. That way, when she tells him and it turns out he's against plastic surgery, at least he'll have more reasons to stay with her. I just think she feels awkward because they've lived near each other for a while, and he didn't start talking to her until after her surgeries lol. I honestly don't see how he couldn't recognize her though. To me, she looks like the same girl from a couple of months ago.. just improved. I don't know him personally though, so I've got my fingers crossed, hoping he's a good guy.

LOL totally off topic.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course she shouldn't leave things till like 6 months into a relationship, but yeah, he doesnt need to be told about something so personal on the first date. :smile:

And unfortunately yeah, guys can be pretty shallow. But thats life, sometimes looks are what's needed to get you initially noticed. Though personality keeps them at the end of the day.

Such a shame that ur friend wasn't on his radar before surgery...I must admit I'd approach him with extreme caution...& I don't even know this guy. REALLY hope he's one of the good ones :smile:

Hi everyone!

Gonna do my consults update since I haven't been sleeping well. I guess my under eye bags aren't as noticeable as I feel they are bcuz even without makeup, the doctors didn't seem to push for lower bleph :smile:

First, like it was mentioned before on the first thread, if you don't speak a lick of Korean, print out the addresses you'd like to go to in korean w the phone numbers. Many of the taxi drivers are older so if they can't understand what u wrote, they will tell you no. Had that happen so many times to me. So now, I ask a local person to write it for me or grab business cards where ever I go. I have a stash that I pull out to get where I wanna go. Idk how to use the train n buses yet, so I've been relying on walking n taxis. Which isn't too bad. The highest I had to pay was 7,000, but it was a lengthy drive through rush hr traffic.

So I have had a very eventful time so far. I've never been to Asia, don't speak any other Asian language, but I have been getting through it. Seoul is so modern, I cudnt figure out how to get through some of the doors or which button to push to flush some public toilets. So if I can do it, really, anyone can.

Nicole was gonna be my translator during my ps adventure to JW, View, and Dream,, but she wasn't avail til Friday-after another forumer was done w her surgery. i just read the forumer's consults posting w Nicole. btw: good luck today girl! Anyways, I thought id get to know the city n check out some other ps places in the mean time. Well since nicole knew I really liked Dream, she asked if i had time to check out one of the other shortlisted clinics, since we might b pressed for time on Friday and she really wanted me to get to check out all my choices. She even offered to reduce her fares. Omg, tho, for all that she's done for me prior to my trip, i wudda still payed her the same amount. She really has been a God send to me.

So off to the clinics, we go!

Teuim: i arrived kinda early so the clinic wasn't open. Kinda hung out at the mini mart next to it and noticed that Hotel Sunshine is super super close-like I mean close. If u go to the main road, Hotel Highlands is kitty corner to it, so definitely walking distance to it too.

So I had a 10am appt w Dr. Kwon. The staff were very elegant looking. The lobby was really nice and so was their consultation booths, really sleek. The waiting room had 1 local girl and a cpl of foreigners who were speaking Chinese to their spouses.
The overall consultation was fast. Dr. Kwon was nice, but he did look exhausted-like he was a workaholic. Poor guy. I wanted to tell him to take some days off. He examined me and said id need ptosis correction w incisional double eyelid n epi. He said don't worry about scarring. I kinda like my epi folds, but he said the results won't be as nice. I didn't ask any questions because I didn't really have any in regards to what he was suggesting and he seemed tired, so I left it like that. I did ask about my under eye bags n he said he could remove a lil fat if I really wanted to, but he didnt seem like i really needed it. I actually didnt want to remove the fat, just smooth it out like the dr in the States suggested. They quoted me 5.5.

I was done pretty quickly, so I had a cpl hrs to kill til my appt at view.

View was definitely worth catching a taxi from hotel highland. It is on the corner, in a maybe 12 story building. I went to the 8th floor cuz I saw the word View on it, but the consultations actually are on the 10th floor. The whole time it was pretty much standing room, although people came n went rather quickly, plus the office staff wud pull their seats from behind the desk, so that u cud sit down.

The room itself was simple. Id say the majority of clients r Korean. I noticed lots of facial contouring and eyes. They really r pretty looking like Marirs friend said even w the bruising and swelling.

I actually was lucky to have accidentally gone to the 8th floor cuz that's where ms kim who I had been emailing was at. (It is her email address that is on the forum) She apologized because she said she isn't a consultant and doesn't know much about pricing and procedures, but she pretty much stayed w me the entire 5 hrs I was there. I felt so bad, but I luv her to pieces!
Poor thing tho, it seems she doesnt want her email to be posted on the forum. She asked me how I got her email, I told her a forum, she kinda had a "o no" look, but in a sweet way lol When she gave me her card, she said please do not post on the forum lol I did try n look through the business cards to find an email address for u guys, but they all seem to be linked to a specific person. I will try and ask for a general email account on my surgery day.

So during my visit, I took a bunch of scans and pictures. Then I met dr lee sang woo! I was so excited bcuz of his medical write ups on his blog. He was so sweet! I really liked his demeanor. He gave off a feeling like he worked hard, but still had a life outside of PS. He answered my few questions. Don't get me wrong, I had a ton, but I left my purse w my questions behind the office workers desk. So I had to think of questions as I went along. He didn't think I needed zygoma (altho after reading Marirs friends email, I shudda insisted too) but that after the vline, I do get a lift. O I hope I don't have too much sagging. He can't predict too much since everyone is different.
So he suggested double eyelid incisional w epi n ptosis correction, vline w sliding genio n removal of chin implant. Its supposed to take 5-6 hrs.
He said don't worry w a smile. Silly as it sounds, I needed to hear that.
Pricing, they took out their Korean pricing sheet and circled the prices of what I needed. Sounded similar to marir's friend. I didnt really break it down like she did, but the total came out to 14mil, but they did offer a discount, so my final pay wud be 12.6mil. I thought that was really nice cuz i didn't even ask for any discounts.

They did blood work n had the sweet hair washer girl walk me to a Dr clinic to do chest xrays and the bank. She was so sweet n she said that there's a nurse in the recovery room who speaks English so don't worry.

So I'm off to have PS tomorrow morning. I get to finally meet w Nicole today for a bit.

Btw, I am just amazed at how nice everyone in this city's skin is. Porcelain smooth, like no one ever went through the awkward teenage acne stage.

I m staying at a bnb (bed n breakfast) that I found off of airbnb. It is alright, maybe a 15-20 min walk from hotel highland. What is nice is I have the entire place to myself. It has a kitchen, bathroom. The host hooked up the large bottled water and said I cud help myself to the food/drinks in the refrigerator. There's also a washer, but no dryer. For $48us a nite it is fine.

Gonna try n find me some pumpkin juice for tomorrows big day. Please if u get bored msg me cuz I'm kinda bumming over the GA. Only cuz there won't be anyone when I wake up :/

@ritch-I guessed it snowed pretty bad the week before I got there, so I m only walking in small patches of snow, not walking in it yet :smile: although snowstream k-talked me n said it'd be snowing today.

Sorry so long. Hope this helps

Karime, it all sounds great. Yeah, i kinda figured you just missed the snow, Korea had its first snowfall last week or something IIRC but the worst comes around January/February anyhow so i guess you're lucky in a way! How long you there for? Not staying over Christmas are you?

Your report of View is great, i must've missed that email address but i assume she just answers emails and didn't want the email to be on the world wide web in case everyone starts spamming it thinking its View's actual email. I guess without Nicole you used View's in-house translators? How were they?

Awww. Good luck tomorrow!!! I hope you're enjoying the cold weather there. hehe. Btw, do you remember how much View charged you for just the double eyelid incisional w epi n ptosis correction? Thanks!

Feel free to add your names in! :dothewave:
Bumping this post up!

Willl be there in Jan with my bf. Anybody wana meetup for coffee with all our bandages on? =)

December 2012
cjchen (16th - 25th)
fantasyface (17dec to 10 Jan)
loverrrly (surgery date dec 8)
karime

January 2013
sWalloW (6th - 19th)
shockingpinkz (7th - 23rd)
Cher87 (9th-30th)
miso soup (7th - 20th)
JQ132006 (11th - 26th)
momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)
pppmmm (jan1 - jan 16)

February 2013
apples. ( Jan 30th - Feb 17th)
sesamekiss (27th Feb - 12th Mar)

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)- R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
bella147 (26 march - 6 April)

Lol, yes u shudda seen her face when I said a forum. It was kinda like a o sh**, try not to look disturbed look. Lol she was so cute.
Ms kim helped w the translation tho she did apologize cuz medical terminology is difficult. But i think she did a great job. She even took notes for me and then went over what dr lee said again. Dr lee sang woos English is pretty good too, so I think anyone can manage.

I guess i m lucky then w missing the snow :smile: I m staying til the 31st, so Christmas is here :sad: I did go into this cute sandwich shop n every time someone walked in I heard them say something something, then Merry Christmas. I mite just have to keep walking in there just to get the feeling of Christmas :smile:

Lol...
Thank u! I can't remember but I wanna say around 3.__ krn? I thought it was reasonable. Less than teuim's. If I remember, I will ask again on Saturday :smile:

What's the difference between recovery time with non-incisional and full incisional? I've been reading conflicting reports. I know everyone heals at a different rate but just want the average.

Non-incisional about 1 wk
Incisional - between 2 weeks and a month???

Just knowing to need how much time to take off from work - I only want the majority of the swelling to have gone and the ability to use makeup/concealer to hide any scars

TIA!!! :smile:

Good luck chick!!! Hope it all goes well :smile:

Bumping this post up!

Anybody wana meetup for coffee with all our bandages on? =)

December 2012
cjchen (16th - 25th)
fantasyface (17dec to 10 Jan)
loverrrly (surgery date dec 8)
karime

January 2013
sWalloW (6th - 19th)
shockingpinkz (7th - 23rd)
Cher87 (9th-30th)
miso soup (7th - 20th)
JQ132006 (11th - 26th)
momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)
pppmmm (jan1 - jan 16)

February 2013
apples. ( Jan 30th - Feb 17th)
sesamekiss (27th Feb - 12th Mar)

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)- R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
bella147 (26 march - 6 April)
Cherryzz around 24th