BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I don't think post-op smoking is wise. Think about it, you've just had surgery, and you have a 3-4 inch wound in your stomach. Your body is trying to recovery and the cells are building up to mend the scar that had just been sewn together. Do you think it's wise to allow the tobacco/chemicals get close to your injury? Many MDs would say that the 2 to 3 week cosmetic surgery recovery period is a great time to stop smoking altogether! Live free and healthy, but always be happy!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to announce that I wont be consulting Dr Choi at JW PS anymore.

I have already took the admin that I would like to have my surgery on the first few days (4th-7th Jan) of my trip. Although she mentioned that Dr Choi's schedule is quite pack but they will try to arrange for me after the consultation.

To my surprise, today (two days b4 my trip), they dropped me an email and told me that Cr Choi's schedule is packed till 17th Jan and say they can schedule me for 18th Jan and ask me to confirm date and time. I was totally caught by surprise.

First, I have already told her my period of the visit. Second, I already told them my preferred date. Third, knowing that they do not have slots already...they only bother to inform me two days before my trip.

Subsequently, the admin ask me to go over in Feb or March. She also emphasis that Dr Choi is one of the best eye doctor in Korea. (Of course I know that)

My take: While Dr Choi might be a vey good doctor but obviously the admin isn't very gd at coordination and time arrangement. The fact that I told her that I'm from SG, she can actually ask me to reschedule my trip just two days b4 my departure...which i think the suggestion is totally hilarious.

Well, of course I'm still heading to Seoul. Since JW is out, I decided to confirm my surgery with Dr Kwon. The dr, his PA and another admin lady immediately discussed and over the phone confirm my surgery on the day of consultation, right after the consultation. To ensure that there is ample time for preparation, Dr Kwon change my consultation to an hr earlier.

Now I'm all ready to go over and see Dr Kwon and I felt really comfortable with Teuim although I have not been there yet...given the good attitude. N the admin lady is gd with her English...same goes to Dr Kwon's PA...I feel safe in their hands.

As I will be having my surgery right after I reach Seoul, I will try to post something on the day or the day after.

Wow that's slack! I'd be frustrated and annoyed myself. I thought Korean clinics usually prioritised foreign patients bc they are aware of our time constraints? Bah whatever, I think things happen for a reason so you're probably better off at Teiums or a different place. Keep us posted, and don't let this minor setback ruin your mood for the trip! Bet you'll have a great time.

Are you going to do eyes only?

But the girl in your pic has a high bridge and it doesn't look in the least bit natural?

Cigarettes contain over 1000 different types of chemicals and would thus aggravate any wounds and slow down alot of the healing. =/

I think you should stop smoking for at least 2 weeks before surgery, and two months after. They say don't eat spicy food and seafood, but cigarettes are like 25 times worse. So :jrs:

I said I wanted a similar nose shape in the post I never said I wanted the exact nose.

Seriously, Relax.

I don't know why you keep attacking my avatar picture?

If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't need two posts hating on it. I get it. You dislike the nose. End of story, alright? Show a different picture at your consultation. Realize that people have different preferences and perspectives on what they think is attractive or natural. No one has to agree on what fits their aesthetic. Learn to accept that and move on.

Personally, I like her shape of her nose and I'm going to ask the doctors to use a similar shape with less height on the tip and bridge.

Why are you getting so defensive? I was just telling you my opinion. You say you don't want a really pointy and high nose, and personally I think the picture isn't a great example of a nose if you're aiming for non pointy.

Chill :smile:.

Hello,

I already book my tickets to Seoul and I will be there from January 16th to February 3rd. I can't pm you I still didn't reach the 10 messages for pm. Which clinics are you going to visit and which procedures you are interested? Did you already book for your accommodation? :smile:

And I also have to add I don't really want to get into silly arguments on a forum. -_-I just don't get why Shockingpink got so worked up, I don't recall ever saying 'don't you dare use that pic' did I? I for one like it when other people give their opinions on certain things.

Peace :heart:

We can just agree to disagree. I'm sorry for blowing up on you Crystallinesnow. I was just upset because you posted twice about my avatar, I just felt attacked.

Let's just move on and stop arguing about it please. Cheers.

Set my mind on doing lipo at 365mc. I emailed the clinic before xmas and int'l rep replied me few days ago.
I was in dilemma between going in June-July or nov-dec.but decided June-July because it is winter in Australia and summer in kr and I can shop! :biggrin:
Anyway, I realised if I contacted the clinic way too early since I intend to go in June? She asked me to send the photos and not very sure if I should do it.

Any opinion?

Hi,

Ya, I'm only gg to do my eyes... dbl eyelid + ptosis correction + Epi. Now after seeing Thiefcat's lipo...i feel like arranging for a consultation with 365mm. Although I will not be doing it in this trip...haha.

Apparently, I found out (in this forum and other forum) that JW tend to turn away patients (even for confirmed appointment/ consultation). Intially I thought its because of the coordinator/ transalator who probably din make enough effort to insist on keeping the confirmed appt, but now I guess its the administrator in the clinic who is screwing the appts. Or maybe the drs??

That sucks! I was thinking of consulting JW... :sad: Now I'm nervous they might cancel mine too! (though I'm planning to go ages from now)

I feel like they should have been more on top of everything. It's unprofessional.

I dun kow what is happening in the clinic, but since Dr Choi is already so fully booked till 17 Jan. I do not understand why the adminstrator in JW is still trying persude me to go and visit Dr Choi, asking me to consider Dr Choi's price, surgery and schedule, saying they will help me?? I seriously think they have probably made some mistakes in the schedules and planning, given the perusasion and the tons of apologise they given to me.

Well, is this a blessing in disguise?? But I really want to see Dr Choi.!!!!

Hi all! I just wanted to update everyone on my 2jaw surgery! I'm at 6 weeks post-op!! I left Korea and safely at home enjoying the rest of the holiday season. ^^

Swelling is going down and my face doesn't get too swollen when I wake up in the morning. I was super worried about my nose being too wide for my face, but as the swelling slowly resides, my nose is looking more natural (still wider than my pre-op nose but not as wide). I am eating more but still cannot chew with my molars. In about 2 weeks, I will be able to chew (but I still can't eat salads) and at 3 months I will be back to eating anything and everything. I'm so excited for that!

For those who sent me pm for b&a pics... I will send them soon!! I need to take new pics and update my b&a. The one I've been sending is at 3 weeks post-op so... it's not truly accurate at this point. Pm me your kakaotalk id or email address if you would like to see my pics.

My family is so happy for a successful surgery and I can't wait to show my friends!