BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Good luck, I am going next week, already excited , planed this trip almost two years, finally it's 2013! Can't wait! 😄

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey^^

It's been a while since I've read the forum and wow! Already a new one started. keke

Anyways, I have FINALLY rescheduled my departure date to Jan 13- Feb 13. I would love a friend to hang out and share the pain with, so please message me. =)

Btw... I was really interested in a v-line and zygoma reduction, but my friend in korea keeps telling me that there are a LOT of botched surgeries... she keeps scaring me and pressuring me to do botox instead of invasive surgeries. Anyone here has had any facial contouring done that can share about their pre and post surgery experience?

Babe, you don't need to apologise...

Hey,
I would say it depends onnthe clinic n the procedure ur asking for. But the rang for rhino here is 4000000 - 7000000... make sure to have the email they quoted u....but like i said...it will depends on the method that u n ur surgeon agrees on....if ur gonna have osteonomy....prepared to pay a bit more...
Also from my experience big hospital like Id n grand tend to quote a lower price rather than small-well-known-to-locall clinics....but the percentage that big hospital will switch surgeon on u is very high bc they have junior doctors that need to be trained n madness amount of patients...meanwhile smaller clinics doctors were actually junior doctors from those big clinic too...but now they're experienced n sufficient enough to run their own clinics!
im here in korea n removing my stiches tomorrow....pls pm me yr katalk n we can get in touch!!!!

January 2013
sorbet0408 (2-17th) - Confirmed
sWalloW (6th - 19th) - Confirmed
shockingpinkz (7th - 26th) - Confirmed
cyntoronto (6th - 21st) - Confirmed
JQ132006 (11th - 26th) - Confirmed
miso soup (3rd - 20th) - Confirmed
momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)
pppmmm (1st - 16th) - Confirmed

I'm removing my cast n stitches tomorrow!!! Anyone who is in seoul now pls contact n we can meet....

Yea, lets meet in Seoul:smile:

I dun seems to read any1 doing nose revisions cases at VIEW here.

anyone knows which doc in VIEW is good in nose revision? or anyone hv done nose job with the clinic, pls share ur experiences. :smile:

hi!! I'm back in the hotel after my surgery at Migo. I survived! I thought I was going to die after sedation..because my mouth was so dry and it hurts and i couldn't breathe through my nose bcos of rhino. Anyhow. I'm going to share my consultations experience first.

Initially I had shortlisted Grand, ID, JW and Dream for consultation. Because my translator said she could only bring me to 3 clinics (time constraint) so she suggested that I go to Grand myself the next day since they have an English translator, and I have to agree that her English is really quite good. Anyhow, some of you migh have already read that ID and JW cancelled on me a few days before departure, so my translator told me to shortlist another 2. I couldn't decide because there wasn't enough time for me to read up more about clinics and find the other 2 i might like, so I asked my translator to just book any 2 which she thinks is good. She went on to make appointment for me at Migo and Regen.

On 3rd Jan, we went to Migo first. Made an appointment at 10.30am
Migo:
I was one of their first few customers of the day, so I didn't wait around long. Translator told me that they must be happy because she brought so many clients here for consultation and another forumer (she shared her experience 2 pages earlier), pppmmm, had her surgeries at Migo too. The consultor is a very experienced lady. very pretty for her age. I like her. Anyway I told my translator I wanted to ask about my eyes and nose. As some of you know, I wanted to do my nose all along but am tempted recently to do eyes (after seeing everyone with much prettier eyes here). The consultor looked at me and agreed i have a very wide and flat nose and said she will ask the nose doc in later. Then she asked me whether I did my eyes before, which I replied no. She said I have very pretty eyes and so she doesn't know what I want to do to my eyes since I already have double eyelids too and asked me to explain further. I said I just wanted bigger, brighter eyes. Just bigger maybe by epi or lateral? She said she will ask the eyes surgeon in and I can ask him on his opinions. Before meeting the docs, I went for a CT scan. This is free because I think my translator helped me negotiated.

Dr Lee Kang Won, the eye surgeon came. He looked different from the advertisements I saw in the clinic. Instead of black hair, his hair is all white. Translator told me she's abit scared of him, because he's firm and very confident. But he is exactly what I look for in an eye surgeon since like what translator said, I'm not even sure whether I want to do eyes and didn't research as much as I did for nose. So his confidence gave me confidence too. He told me I couldn't do epi because first, if I do nose, when i have a higher bridge, my eyes would appear closer and when he used the tweezer to pull my eyes towards the nose bridge, he showed me that if I do epi, I will show too much of the red flesh which is not pretty. But he told me he could reshape my double eyelids by incision and make them bigger, together with lateral. I just said okay. Then he left. Next is Dr. Kang Eun Taek, the nose surgeon. He is younger than Dr. Lee but he is very gentle. Different style. But again, what I look for in a nose surgeon because I read up so much on rhino, I know what I want, I don't need another strong opinion to push me to do things that might not be what I want. First he told me I definitely need tiplasty (which i already knew) and he used 2 cotton q-tip and shaped them from the nostrils. I told him I don't want too high a bridge and I think he misunderstood that I had some reservations about sillicon. I do, but I don't rule of using sillicon. He told me if I don't want sillicon, he could try his best to make a nice nose for me as well. But I told him via the translator, that my only reservation about implant is risk of infection. But he assured that any surgery have risks of infection. He doesn't think having sillicon implant is the main reason why pple have infection. So I am assured and he told me if I don't mind sillicon, he could shape my nose better. I told him okay but not too high please. When I talked to both doctors, they don't seem to be in a rush, which I like. They took time to explain and check whether I have any more questions. Next is the price portion. Because I thought maybe I only need lateral to make my eyes bigger, but since Dr. Lee thinks its better to reshape my lids, the money quoted shocked me a little. I was quoted 3.8 million just for the double fold and 1.8 million for the lateral. I was like "WOW!" and was quoted 4 million for sillicon implant and tiplasty and 1.8 million for alar reduction and because I opted for sedation, they wanted to charge me another 0.4 million. Although I like the docs, I couldn't decide since it's my first consultation in Seoul and thought it's better to consult other places and compare. Consultor told me Dr Lee is really confident about doing my eyes and after some negotiation, she reduced the price to 3.5 million (double fold) + 1.5 million (lateral) but I still couldn't decide.

Then the translator helped pppmmm with her hospitalization discharge. And we brought her home first :smile:

(to be continued...on Regen and Dream)

Continue on consultation

Regen: It's not in the Apujeong area, but at SinNonHyeon. Very big clinic. We had brunch at a cafe at their lobby before going up to Regen reception area at 3rd floor. My first question to translator upon reaching that place is "Is this place popular with patients from China?" Reason I asked is because I see they translated their clinic's name into Chinese and I do see many Chinese-speaking clients around. Migo is a small clinic, but Regen is like a super big place, spanning from 3rd floor to the 15th floor of the building. We waited for more than an hour before a Chinese consultant approached us. Translator told them I speak both English and Chinese, and since they could translate Chinese better, they appointed a Chinese consultant to me, so my translator wasn't translating at Regen. Although Regen seems very grand, what scares me is when I was there, there is no water?!!! Translator told me Regen offer a range of beverages and I should try them. But when we were there, they could only offer me instant coffee because there was something wrong with their water supply! (i was like OMG!! what if someone is having surgery at that moment?) Anyway I went to the washroom and there's no water to flush or to wash my hands. Could only use wet tissue. Anyway translator asked for the Chief surgeon. Heard that because Regen is big, many doctors there could do eyes and nose, but to be on the safe side, we asked for the most experienced chief surgeon who will definitely cost more. I didn't get any CT scan, but the chinese consultant told me by her naked eyes that I need osteomy, tiplasty, augmentation and alar reduction

(I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I had Lasik 3 weeks earlier, I pointed this out to all the clinics, just to be sure that I proceed with eye surgery. Dr Lee from Migo told me eye surgery is on the outside of my eyes, not touching corneal, it shouldn't be a big problem - again very confident)

Dr. Kim at Regen, is a very soft-spoken surgeon. I like him too. But he is conservative because he once again think I have pretty eyes and I could do without surgery, especially when I only had Lasik 3 weeks ago. He said that if I want to do any eye surgery, I should return 3 months later :sad: But we can proceed with nose, and suggested sillicon implant (4mm)--i have very flat nose..thats why but I don't like a high nose, actually thought 2-3mm should be enough. He also suggested, osteomy, alar reduction and tiplasty. I didn't ask much questions. The Chinese consultant translated sentence by sentence and she's didn't miss any important details because I understand a little Korean and would know if she left out any stuff. Anyway she quoted me 6 million for osteomy, sillicon and tiplasty and for alar reduction 1.2 million. We didn't negotiate for a better price, since I was a little disappointed that I couldn't do eyes at the same time and I didn't think I need osteomy (and they didn't even use CT scan to check)

Dream: Waited 1.5 hours or more there. It is a medium-sized clinic. Something between Migo and Regen. It's just a stone's throw away from Migo. Translator told me Dream go for the natural look. They don't do dramatic transformation. And I have to agree with her because while waiting for my turn, I was watching their advertisement on their TV, and their "model" although fixed her whole face, one couldn't tell unless you see her b/a photos. She doesn't have very very big eyes, just double eyelids and her nose isn't very high with no pointy chin. So if I see her on the street, I couldn't guess she has her nose fixed etc. Anyway, we met the head consultant and I was surprised when she told me I do not need alar reduction because she thinks after a 4mm implant (I asked how high, she also said 4mm) and tiplasty, my nose should be okay with alar reduction. I asked what if it is still big? I came all the way to have my nose fixed, and she told me nicely that if I still feel it is big after the surgery, I can get it done again. (I looked at my translator with wide eyes..meaning to tell her..I don't have all the money and time in the world to come again and again). Not once, but 3 times, the consultant told me she thinks i no need alar reduction but translator calmed me down and said, its okay we can ask the doctor when we meet him later. Then when I asked the consultant about my eyes, she said I don't need epi or lateral, but I can do a non-incision to make my double eye lids more defined because she thinks i have some extra flesh at the outer side of both my eyes and with non-incision it should fix the problem. Intitially, she thinks I don't even need to do anything to my eyes. But I pointed out that with non-incision, as I age, the outer corner of my eyes will still droop overtime. And she agreed, she said it's true with everyone, and again said, when that happened, I can get it fix again.
(I understand where she is coming from, she doesn't recommend complicated surgery if a simple non-incision can fix the problem. Their aim is to use minimal surgery to get the problem fixed) Anyway, she quoted me 1.2 million for the eyes for non-incision and 4 million for tiplasty and sillicon implant with alar reduction. Unfortuately, she said the surgeon is in a surgery and can't meet me so I have to return again next morning at 9am. But then another consultant came to inform me 10 mins later when that maybe 9.30am or 10am. I was feeling insecure because I didnt have CT scan, and I didn't get to meet the surgeon. I also would like to have my surgery asap so that I can have more time to recover. Dream cannot promise me that if I return the next day just to meet the surgeon, I could have the surgery soon as well.

So I decided on Migo and did not even go to Grand. I went back to Migo at 5.30pm to confirm if I could do the surgery the next day and then went to further negotiate the price to 4.3 million for eyes and 5.5 million for nose in total.

Sorry for spamming. but here's my surgery experience.

Again, it is at Migo. 4.3million for eyes (reshaping double folds and lateral), 5.5 million (for sillicon implant, tiplasty and alar reduction and sedation). Consultant said she can reduce the price if I just opt for local anesthesia for nose too, but translator is afraid that I would be scared, so she suggested sedation, which I agree.

Was told to arrive at 1pm to prepare for surgery at 3pm. I changed clothes at about 2pm, washed my face, put on IV drip, and was in the consultation room again to meet both the eyes and nose doctors another time to confirm surgery details but it was a long wait. For a small clinic like Migo, it is very busy. by 3pm, I still have not meet any doctors. Was given magazine to read and I was getting jittery. at 3.10 the nose surgeon came in and I once again told him I do not wish to have a very high nose, and he wrote it down. Then I got to meet the eyes doc and he was very impatient this time round and used the tweezer to draw my folds and asked me which want I like. Anyway I reckon he's really busy. Anyway I was in the surgery room by 3.40pm and Dr. Lee came in to "design" my eyes with a pen. He's a perfectionist. He drew the lines, then erase them away, each time mummbling to himself and also asking his nurse if it's balanced on both side. I think he erased like about 4 times before he's satisfied himself. Next, I was given a short sedation and I felt like I was spinning when they played "Kokomo" in the background. That's when they injected local anesthesia near my eyes. I woke up shivering and kicking and Dr Lee was asking me not to move. I finally gather enough strength to said "COLD!!" in Korean a few times and that's when they wrapped me with more blankets. Then Dr. Lee started working on my eyes. I could hear laser zapping and smell a burnt smell. From time to time, he would ask me to open my eyes (in English) and look at him. And then he was done. I think he took a long time with my eyes because he was such a perfectionist. Remember vaguely that the nurse took me to the recovery room and when they asked me to open my eyes I saw my translator and I asked her what time was it, and it was already 5.30pm. I was like "is my nose done too?!" and she said "no...i'm going to another surgery room soon". Was asked me gargle something to clean my mouth cavaity and then I was brought to another surgery room and before I knew it, i fell into a deep sleep.

Then someone tugged my hand told me to "wake up~~~" I opened my eyes and they brought me back to the recovery room and I asked "what time is it?" it was like 9 plus... Then suddenly i felt many pple crowd around me, including my translator. Apprently I am bleeding too much from my right eyes. and the nurse thinks that warrant a doctor. But Dr. Lee has already left by then and they called a female doc in. I didn't open my eyes after because it was bleeding and they told me to keep them close. Then the translator held my hand and told me that they think its better to remove the stitch on the right eye, and restitch back. I couldn't even reply but I was so scared inside. I'm like what's happening to me!?! :sad: So I'm back in the eye surgery room and wanted to throw up, so they injected some anti-vomitting stuff into me intravenously and they started to cut the stitch and i'm like "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" and screamed that I'm in pain in korean. Then they said "painful??" then told me they will proceed to give me local anesthesia. That was even more painful!! i jus went "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and translator assured me that it will be no more pain soon...and then they just proceed to re-stitch. And the female doc told me that I need to be blindfolded for a night. they bandaged me thickly and tightly I felt uncomfortable but the nurse told me it has to be like that to have some pressure so my eyes could stop bleeding. I thought I was going blind. It was ultra uncomfortable because my nose is blocked (cotton swabs in the nostrils), one side of my ear is bandaged and now my eyes!! And my mouth was so dry. Translator left me after my eyes were bandaged and told me to rest. She said I have to stay in the hospital as it was already late and she will return tomorrow. Then I'm left in the recovery room myself with a bell to call the night nurse whenever i needed help. I think I'm much more troublesome than other patients because I couldn't see. I rang her a few time for water (I tried to tolerate until I couldn't before pressing the bell) and twice for the toilet. The very last time, I asked her what time was it, and she told me 4.40am. I was like "what?!!" time passed really slowly because I was scared (mainly because my eyes were blindfolded and i'm scared of going blind due to the bleeding). I asked if I could remove the bandage because its uncomfortable but she told me i have to wait till morning. That was the last time I troubled her and then filled myself with thoughts. I was like omg, if i survive this, i have to go back and tell my parents how much I love them. it was forever to me, before she came in at 8am again to tell me to wake up (although i wasn't sleeping at all) and she finally removed the bandage! She asked me to open my eyes and I did! I was so relieved. She said my eyes are super swollen because of the bleeding, and then she brought me some rice, seaweed soup and side dishes for breakfast. Later they brought me to the treatment room to clean my wounds and put cream on my stiches. Dr. Kang, the nose surgeon came to look at me and told me my nose is okay but again commented that my right eye was very swollen and told the nurse to keep giving me ice pack to compress. Then was brought back to the recovery room again. About half an hour later, the consultant came and was like "aigo, you suffered alot" and she patted me and told me she will bring me to the eye surgeon now. The eye surgeon told me to try to open my eyes (although my lids are thick like sausages) and look at him, and then cover my left eye to check if I can see clearly with my right eyes (luckily I could!) and then he said my eyes will de-swell slower than normal because I had lasik and so they couldn't do cold compress directly on my eyes. I could do very light cold compress for a short time on my eyes to help with the swelling but it will still take a longer time. He also told me he knew that I was bleeding last night (although he wasn't present at that time already) and told me not to worry.

Then while waiting for the translator as she is busy with another client, the cleaning ahjumma gave me lunch too and even gave me a yougurt drink. The nurse and consultant took turns to check on me which I thought is nice and then pppmmm (another forummer here) came and accompany me despite having her nose and fatting grafting done 2 days before me!

Anyway, I survived! I have the utmost respect for those who did nose and jaw/v-line surgery together. Must have been diffiult to breathe... Anyway good luck for those who are having surgery!! I'm slowly recovering although my lids are still thick like sausages. hahaha.

Thank you for sharing your story. I had my eyes done about 1.5yrs ago. Still could remember the feeling of cutting and stitching. Haha. Anyway, I hope you'll heal quickly. Remember to use cold compress more often, it does help. do update us :smile:

Congrats on your surgery! Hope you recover soon. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Also, could you let us know who is your translator? How do I reach her? What's her hand phone and email?

Thanks. I should be flying over next week.