BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like View more now. Yesterday Ms Kim asked me for my number, and today a very friendly chinese consultant called. Initially she asked me to put a deposit for the surgery but after explaining that I would be consulting other clinics, she kinda relented and just asked me what kind of surgery am I looking for.

She quoted me 11 million for vline and zygoma, and about 2.5-5.5 million for nose (depending on what I would need after the doc sees me)

Anyone did vline / rhino; How much did they charge you?

I like that View is getting a lot of attention now, and its all thanks to Marir! Oh and the stellar reviews they've been getting from the people in the thread. Take that major clinics!

Those prices sound about right based on the previous users experiences. Also, i thought you were only doing nose before, you haven't been sucked into ps addiction already? :P

That's a really good price ;) do you reckon if we pay by cash they would lower it to 10-10.5 mil?

I've decided I might get my nose done too lol so I have to save up 15 K. Bc plane tickets alone are like 1500 US.

It's a three bedroom place and there is one other girl (my GF's sister who's a restaurant owner - super nice as well, and her sister happened to have her nose done 3 times). MY GF helps out sometimes at the restaurant, but for the most part she is a homebody. The place is big and roomy (by both western and Korean standards). This is all still in the idea phase, my GF is looking for something productive to fill up her time, since she is not a traditional 9 to 5 office job person (although in Korea it's more like 9 to 9), so I think this will be good for her.

I'll sit down with her soon and try to come up with a breakdown, i.e. room rental, guide, post opp care, etc...

I'm an American, living and working in Seoul for a Korean multinational, my Korean is very basic - I think I should hire one of these translators when my GF sends me long kakao talk messages in Korean :amuse:

I'll ask her, but I would caution that I have read that fat injections in this region really need to be done by an experienced guru in this technique because of the low success to failure ratio. "This is an area that may be prone to visibility of the grafts. A variety of techniques to limit this possiblity include microfat grafting, lumbrical grafts (sausage shaped), staged placement, etc." (Otto Joseph Placik, MD)

You really need to find someone with proven success in this region and at the end of the day it's the doctors call. He may say your eyes are fine, or recommend something else that would offset the issue.

Too Much Information & Doctors Egos

I'd like to offer some food for thought and advice from my experience. Be careful about visiting too many clinics, i.e. complicating your decision set. This can cause decision paralysis, and there have been studies that have shown when you give someone too many options, they delay decision making and create more indecisiveness and dissatisfaction. When they finally choose an option, they are not completely satisfied because they think about the foregone alternative options. i.e. "I should have gone to Dr. XYZ instead!", etc... But people who are given limited options and a short decision making time frame with a hard deadline, are often satisfied with their choice and at peace afterwards because they do not have the anxiety from over thinking and comparing too many options.

- Mentally prepare and have realistic goals . Really take some time to invest in your serenity and calm, however you find best (friends, religion, mediation, counselor/therapist) Don't get fixated on before and after pics. They can be deceptive. If you find yourself thinking about this too much throughout your day, you need a break from thinking and talking about it, distract yourself with fun, friends, family, work, hobbies, etc.. (that means a break from this forum as well)

- Do as much self research as possible first. Do two or three consultations at the top PS offices in your hometown. Although most of these doctors may not be versed or comfortable in Korean style surgeries (V-line, eyelids, etc...). It's good to get familiarized by some of the terminology, etc... first. A western doctor may also have a very conservative opinion, which might give you some healthy fear and caution, so you don't choose hastily. Then search online, read reviews, medical journals, etc...

- Pick your Top 5 clinics for consults

- Know how to specifically explain what you want, (bring in reference photos of people who have the features), then ask the Doctor for his opinion and recommendation. Then short list two or three clinics. Also, give the doctor some latitude because at the end of the day he's the one who went to medical school.

- Base your decision on factors that are the most important to you and score the doctors. Example: skill, education, experience, understanding of goals, friendliness, facility, cost etc... These factors will change and have varying degrees of importance for different people.

Doctor Egos

Most doctors have high egos. They talk in a-matter-of-fact fashion, so their opinions sound like the definitive answers for an issue. But when something is beyond their reach because they don't have the training and experience in something, they might not tell you this nor recommend a certain procedure outside their scope, due to unawareness or ego, even if it's the better option. Hollywood has made counteless TV shows & films on this very conflict (House & ER) Plastic surgery is an art & science, so people come from different schools of thought. I like martial arts for instance, and fighters and instructors also have high egos. If I ask a boxer and wrestler, "What's the best thing I can do if someone is sitting on top of me?" The wrestler would be the most qualified opinion leader in this area (they're always trying to get out of this position), but if I asked the boxer - He probably won't say, "I recommend asking a wrestler," or "That's not my expertise," instead he might say "You don't need to know that, I'll teach you not to be in that position in the first place," or "I teach striking, so I recommend punching your way out" ... So be sure to have at least one second opinion - By the way, that was a total guy analogy, but hope it made sense.

I got my Rhinoplasty for 2mil won.

What's the normal price range for nose revision?

Some quoted 4.5-8 million won.
1 clinic quoted 6-8 million won which was so exp.
anyone, Bargain the price down at the clinic lower than what they quoted u in the email or was it higher?

I think it really depends on the individual and their needs.
I really think 4mil is the "base" price, and anything up is just because of the individual's nose.

I got quoted 5.8mil for revision by Shimmian after seeing pictures, but of course that is not confirmed, as a real life consultation is required :smile:

I think when I go to KR to get nose revision and other things, I will definitely bargain.

after reading "low success to failure ratio" made me feel disappointed. haha anyway thanks for reminding =)

Thanks for replying😎
Then I will try to bargain to lower the price or at least ask for some discount..

Hi there everyone!
I just signed up today and this thread has so many pages - so I apologise if my answers have been answered already :shame:

I'm heading to Seoul on the 22nd Jan for a BA for 4 wks, I'm originally Korean but was raised in Australia so my Korean is terrible.
I'm looking to get just the BA and I have consultations with 3 clinics in Gangnam for now: Silouhette Clinic, TheLine, and Wonjin Beauty. I was recommende the first two by a local Korean friend.
Has anyone heard of these three (and know if they are good for BA), and can anyone recommend any excellent ones for specifically BA?

My preference is getting a B++ cup (from AA), cohesive gel implants, and a dual plane incision under the breast (inframamary) and my body is quite slim.

And I am very interested in getting a translator - could someone PM me Nicole's contact details?

Last question - I'm looking to stay at Ramada Hotel in Gangnam - is this an ok hotel and any others reccomended? My budget is $100 US/AUD per night max.

Thank you!!!