BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Hey hey, thought I'd log on! I took loads a money and I DID declare it through customs it's one simple form no sweat. They just need to know you're not a drugs baron and the reason for carrying so much cash. Don't chance it and have it taken away from you.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hongkongphooey! Glad to see you back! How is your healing after your PS? You goin back in April for revision?

Healing is nearly complete, a smidgen of swelling still to subside. I look much hotter than before!! Lol.

Going back for some fine tuning nothing major.

Hey, long time no see! Yeah, i wasn't really sure whether or not it was you, i just remember you saying you took a lot of money :P

Also, quick question, do you declare all your money that you're bringing over? So if you bring 1K for expenses/shopping/accomodation etc, do you add that to the 15K that you have for your surgeries to make 16K and declare it or could you just leave it out?

I declared every penny of GBP, USD, KRW except the £25 in my purse for food & drink at the airport. So yes declare the 1k.

Good to be back! When are you going, saved enough money yet? Good memory hey! So what have I missed?

I would say you've missed quite a bit! Theres definitely a lot more knowledge out there now about translators and the smaller less well known clinics thanks to the endeavours of some of the forumers in the thread.

I've not got a date set in stone unfortunately, funnily enough, its not the money thats a problem anymore, just everything else :P. I'm planning sometime between end of February and April, well, those are the pencilled in dates for the time being. I'm actually gonna make a nice holiday out of it bar all the swelling :biggrin:.

I didn't declare at all. Once you declare, they will start checking

How much did you take? I always wonder how they'd know if you had cash either in your luggage or on your person. Do they have dogs? Do the xray machines pick it up?

So did you just blow past customs and check in as normal as if you had nothing to declare?

Hey guys,

So I really want to go to Korea at the end of the semester. And I'm not even that worried about the actual procedures themselves (thinking about rhino and chin reduction) but I'm more freaked out about travelling by myself for the first time with no knowledge of the native language. Foryou guys who have gone, do you have any advice for the rest of us about getting around? Do you reccomend hiring a translator? Also an aside, have any of you guys gone without letting your familiy/friends know that you're having work done?

I brought 7.5million won and 7k ringgit (2.5mil won). All in all, more than 10.0 mil won. I was nervous as hell as I had it in my hand carry luggage. I didn't bring any letter or email stating that I will be there for surgery. I rmb when I strive in Korea, I was not required to scan my bags and luggages to enter. I think they may select in random basis and to those who declare on the form.

No dogs. Only x ray.

Haha yes I just walk past them like normal. To be on safe side, you should get the clinics to write that we are to pay on cash basis in order to obtain discounts.

Clinic Recommendations from a Seoul Sociallite

This weekend I met up with my GF's good friend, who's had eyes, BA, nose and jaw procedures done a few years ago. This girl's pretty gorgeous, well-informed and from a financially well-off family with plenty of time to spare, so from what I gathered she picked the best places and did her homework before she chose. She recommended the following clinics. I don't have their websites, and I don't think they speak English, but I think if you ask a local translator they might know these clinics, and they might be worth taking a look at or putting into your consideration set.

Eyes:
A place called "bomm" or "bom"

Nose
A place called "brown" or "braun"

Jaw
"Face-line"

Yeah, don't think i'd risk it with the amount of cash i'm planning on taking, it'd be an utter failure if i got caught, 14 hours to Hong Kong then another 3 to Korea...

Found the clinic for eyes that your friend mentioned: www.drbom.com
I used google translate and registered without problem, apparently the clinic is quite new because its naver blog doesn't have many views.

hey may i ask what surgeon you went to and what exactly you had done? im guessing rhinoplasty lol. thanks in advance. glad you got the results you wanted!