BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is debate between surgeons about which one is better, there are pros and cons for both, and it all depends on how much of an augmentation you need in terms of millimeters and which direction(s) (vertical height, horizontal projection, left or right asymmetry), your current skeletal (Class I, II, III) and soft tissue structure (chin pad and depth of labiomental fold), etc...

Implant

A chin implant can only correct horizontal projection, and very slightly vertical (appearance of your face being longer), but that vertical augmentation is hardly noticeable and really depends on the size and where the surgeon places it.

Pros:
- cheaper than genioplasty
- less recovery time and can be done under local anesthesia.
- less complicated, so less risk
- get more even or predictable result
- Easier to revert back, .i.e if you don't like it, then it can be removed easily within the first 3 months with minimal after effects.

Cons
- only suitable for candidates with horizontal deficiency and non deep labiomental fold
- depending upon insertion method it can get infected (intra-oral has a high risk of infection)
- most surgeons do not secure implants, i.e. with a small screw or create a pocket and ridge for it it to rest on, so although low, it does have a chance to move
- overtime an implant will erode your chin bone, but there are not enough studies to show if this has any effect on esthetic appearance or functional effects.
- although designed to last a lifetime, we don't really know how long these foreign implants will last.

Genioplasty

Pros
- can correct deficiencies in all three directions, i.e. how it looks in front and side profile views - the vertical height and horizontal projection, and even left to right asymmetry.
- can correct very large deficiencies (up to 1 cm)
- It augments your chin by cutting and moving your bone, which is secured into place with plate and screws. Over the course of 6 months new bone regrows and it's 100% your chin that's pushing the soft skin tissue and doing the augmentation.

Cons
- More invasive, higher risk
- More expensive
- More difficult to revise or revert back once done.
- If done incorrectly, it can over correct.
- If done incorrectly, chance of a step-off, meaning your jawline will have a step where the chin was cut and moved, and might not be a smooth line.

----------------------------

Another way to augment is via fillers or fat, but these can be limited in terms of their longevity and are also limited in how much they can change.

All these procedures really depend on the surgeons experience, skills and knowledge. If they can properly diagnosis and know which one will work best. I've had some tell me implant is the way to go, and others say "No Way! Genioplasty," and others say fillers, and others say you don't need any change at all. So you got to do some research and know your own anatomy, and what your goals are for you to decide which method will be best and who should do it.

Tough to say, revision rhino is more expensive, which might bring you over your budget. Why not breakup the procedures. Take care of your jaw/chin/mandible first, let it recover, and heal from the swelling, and achieve its more long term form, about 6-8 months later, and then go back for your nose. You could then have your nose revised accordingly to your new profile, you might have changed your mind about even doing revision, or would have saved up more money by then.

Perfect - thanks again! :tup:

Hey everyone :smile: just want to see if anyone on here has had double jaw surgery? I just got an email from grand and they said based on my pictures that is what they would suggest. There is. Pretty much no way I can spend a month in Korea and they said that's needed for recovery and check ups etc.

I want to get it over with. Cuz this time I'm going with a friend, I don't want to go back by myself. I'm pretty sure I need to do my nose agAin because my last nose job is not as high as I would like, I didn't do the tip which I think it would look nicer now and most important is it's slightly not straight. One of my surgerin who did my dimples even said it's not straight. I've read that many ppl do all those surgeries at the same time. About how much more u think I need?

Aha... I was actually thinking alike.

U know any good place for facial
Contouring n nose ?? I see a lot of ppl going to ID but I also heard scary stuff about it like they switch to junior surgeons when you sleep. I am considering banobogi, view, grand. I'm still reading only on page 40. However we r planning to go on April 29- may 15. So now I'm trying to read alot as possible everyday.. U have any other recommendation ?

I saw many girls having a too pointy chin after V-line and they all look like aliens, seriously I don't want to be one of them :biggrin:

My zygoma look alright from the front view but they're a little prominent from the 45° view. Since I'm living in France and European loves prominent zygoma, I don't want to undergo zygoma reduction. Especially it can cause sagging or flat face! So if your zygoma aren't too large, I won't recommend it to you.

I did many researches and I've been told that Shimmian is the best clinic for nose revision, while Regen and Small faces are good at facial bone contouring (jaw, zygoma reduction). The thing is that I want to undergo 2 procedures at the same time, I cannot undergo nose revision at Shimmian then go to Regen for V-line, that's why I decided to get everything done at Regen.

I also need to tell that I'm so sick of plastic surgeries :sad: (I had my nose done twice but the silicone implant is deviated and my nose tip is still roundish, I'm so desperated :sad:

What about you? What is the problem with your nose? Have you decided which clinic you would go to?

Hi

For those who had epicanthoplasty before nose bridge increment, did you notice that your medial canthus (ie inner corner of eyes) got pulled in (towards nose) making your eyes longer and closer together after nose bridge increment?

ps. My inner eye corners are long enough. I worry that increasing the height of my nose would lengthen em further making my eyes look unnaturally long..

I have 2 friends who got their nose done at ID. Now they're 2 months post ops, all the swelling is gone but their nose look too big (bigger than before surgery), and the nose tip is bullbous. ID may be good at jaw surgeries but I will never get my nose done at ID :biggrin: