BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I so love this thread. Anyone here did nosejob/rhino procedure for bulbous nose? Which clinic is the best? And how about the price? I sent email to BK and nosejung but no reply yet.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I'd like to know, where do people always stay after plastic surgery procedure in Korea.

Do you stay in hospital where you did the PS or rent a dorm/hotel room?

HELPPPPPP. I need to do some survey before I go to korea huhu

I emailed numerous clinics, one of them being BK and this is what they said:

"For narrowing the nasal bridge, each side of nasal bone is resected to make wide nose narrower. Nose augmentation can help it to look more defined and sophisticated. Silicone implant can be used to improve the height of your nose bridge. Your own cartilage will be used to create a smooth and beautiful nose line. Bulbous nose correction can be performed for slender version of your nasal tip. Weir reduction surgery can be received to reduce the size of nostrils to a desired size.

"Estimated price ranges are as below;
- Primary Rhinoplasty: 4500 - 5500 in USD (10% tax excluding)"

I have a bulbous/wide nose and I'm looking to get a dramatic change. BK isn't on the top of my list though. Too many bad reviews I've read on the forum but there is also a lot of good reviews on them as well. Make sure to email numerous clinics, then pick a list of 3 or 4 to consult with when you go to Korea.

It entirely depends on the clinic, what you're getting done, and for how long you're staying in Korea. Longer stays (like, for a month or more) you should probably try and find a place to rent (airbnb). For shorter ones (less than 2 weeks), you can go with the previous option or find a hotel. Clinics will usually only keep you in hospital for 1 night after your surgery maybe more if you're initial swelling is too much. Some clinics do offer hostels but only for very short periods, like 2-5 days.

I have a bulbous nose and I've been e-mailing with nosejung and he said I would have to pay 4500usd for tip work, alarplasty, osteonomy and dorsal augmenation.

Yeah that's true... I also heard that most clinics over charge foreigners. I will try to work my haggling techniques lol Good luck in April :smile:

I think I heal quite quickly. Can't give you exact timing because I forgot. Lol. But I put cold pack frequently though.

I've asked several clinics about getting rid of eye bags. Regardless of the process they recommend, it's always between $1000 and $2000.

BK said pretty much the same to me, except they told me that tip plasty and lateral osteonomy would cost $5000 to $5500.

Oh wow! That's really good. I only need tip work and osteonomy. I should look into that, but does nosejung do other procedures? I guess I'll look...

Shimmian

I feel like Jung is the go to guy for noses, especially if you want a more conservative and natural augmentation, if you're looking for that night and day difference, I think his dramatic changes can only be seen when he's handling a case of extreme deformity.

But there are couple of red flags that are tingling my spidy sense about this clinic.

Jung is way too busy. His consultations are like 5 minutes max. He seems so rushed and trying to pack in as many surgeries as possible. He'll like start to tell you, "Yeah, Yeah, look we'll sit down and talk more right before your operation." He's teaching visiting doctors, performing operations, giving consultations, traveling to seminars etc... It makes me wonder how much time does he actually place on peoples noses in the operating room.

Visiting doctors - he markets this class to foreign doctors where they learn from him. It's called 'hands-on' - now from what I heard they only let those doctors cut your nose to open it up and sew it back up. hmmmm sounds suspect. How do you really know what's going on when you're knocked out.

Staff - the behavior and attitudes are like fobby old asian market shop owners who are either overly nice liars coaxing you to buy on impulse or get mildly annoyed and say, "hurry up and buy!" not in those exact words or tone, but you get the gist.

I think Jung is good, but I think he needs to either expand by hiring more doctors, or cut off the number of surgeries and consults he does per day. He also needs to retrain his staff.

I could pay a little bit more and get treated like a celebrity in Beverly Hills. If I'm paying a high price I except better treatment, and I think these are areas where VIP and Regen excel.

You cna choose to stay in the hospital. But it depends on what procedure you are doing? Cause its something very serious then you might wana stay there for post op care. Otherwise nto so serious kind like eyelid surgery I guess is fine to just stay at hostel or dorm.

I am staying at hostel when I go for my eyelid surgery. I be there for 10 days so hotel is tooexp for me lol...=)

ohh.. which clinic are you going & what procedure will u be doing? I will only be in seoul in mid may.

You have to ask yourself this question: would you rather have a surgeon with great bed manners and not that good at surgery or a surgeon with poor bad manners but gives you as close to perfect as a nose can get?

Remember that after it is all said and done, it is the outcome of the procedure that counts the most. Sure, everyone wants the best of both world. These Korean surgeons perform rhinoplasty on a daily basis and they know what they are doing, especially to Asian patients. I live in Los Angeles literally less than 10 miles from Beverly Hills. I've been to consults with the plastic surgeons there. They sure do know what they are doing when performing rhinoplasty on a Caucasian patient but they still have yet to perfect their consistency on Asian patients. Their after pictures look like the before pictures in Korean websites.

My nose is bulbous and wide and when I went in for a consult, doctor said my nose was perfect. It's not perfect. But that's the best they can do. If I find a surgeon in the States who does perfect nose jobs like the doctors in Korea, I would definitely be going there. But truth be told, Korea is the place to go if you are Asian and are wanted surgery on your face