BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Which clinics are u planning to consult at?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. I think at first I'm gonna do nose-revision and eyelids, and probably something with my face-countouring. But I'm not sure yet, cause I'm still waiting a reply from clinic.
Why your friend chosen do surgery in defferent clinics? Is that because of money or something else? May I ask how much did he/she paid for surgery? Is she/he happy with the results?
Thanx

As far as i'm aware, the only way to avoid the 10% is to pay in cash. So this basically means for most foreigners bringing the cash if they want it.

One thing you might look at is which banks let you use there cards in ATM machines with no transaction fee charged. I think it was Emisa who said Citibank let her use her card with no charge so she could withdraw money 3 times a day no problem. Only problem is is that it was a Gold account so you need at least £25,000 (for the UK one anyway) in it at any one time, so you might not qualify for it.

Opening a bank account in Korea is also pretty hard IIRC. You need to have been in the country for at least a month, have gainful employment and also have the alien resident card or whatever its called. It'd be easier if you had a family member in Korea so that you could transfer into their account instead rather than open your own. I'm sure SeoulForReal could probably shed some more informative light on this as the info i have was when i was contemplating teaching English out there, but that was 3 or 4 years ago.

Oh okay. thanks for the heads up on that. I was thinking maybe some banks have agreements with foreign banks... gonna go to bank and ask about it next week.

Thanks!

Yeah, i'm thinking most of the big banks in Asia will have some sort of agreement similar to Citibank's.

I'm planning on getting my nose done this year but I would also like to get jaw reduction surgery. There is like no market for it in the states so I figure I should just go to korea and get them both at the same time. Have any of you had v line surgery in Korea? I know how long the recovery is and everything but I just wanted to hear some personal experiences of it. x:smile:

So, lets say we carry cash in hand to avoid tax, what's the downside of carrying cash ??
So far I know we can get discount rate for the surgery and now I know we even can avoid tax !!
Pls do share with us :biggrin:

You do know people get killed for lesser amount than what you'll have on you for your surgery right? A little extreme of an example but you get the point.

Yeah but this is Seoul
Not Africa or Mexico. I get your point but come on , there even had a forumer who carried 10k plus with her in cash

I'm not saying you can't. If you're careful and street smart I don't see why you can't. Even people in the USA get killed for lesser amount. What is Seoul anyway?

Thanks a lot for your advice luxethan.
But you are missing the point that Korean civilians don't have the right to own guns like in US where you can get a gun easily :smile:
I'll take care of myself :biggrin:

A kitchen knife will do unless Koreans need a special license for that, too. If they know you're coming, a group of friends with bare hands would do just as well. One friend drive the car like a taxi taking you to a dark alley. Just be careful. Don't advertise yourself.

In the US, you don't know who has guns. A granny can have a gun in her handbag. Thieves have to be careful who they rob not knowing.