BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Yeah, that's definitely one thing to consider because a doctor's "expertise" is only limited to the kind of patients that come walking to his door. Having experience with a diverse population would certainly be an added bonus for me.

I'd disagree though with Asians having "common" features. We don't share the same genes so each person is uniquely "designed." Although doctors can "profile" patients based on common characteristics, it still doesn't make Asians "common." I haven't seen a Korean that looks Filipino, or an Indonesian that looks Chinese; excluding interracial combos.

Having said that, I really wouldn't want to go to a clinic that will give me b&a photos and make me choose a look like some sort of parlor choosing for hairstyles.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm I don't know about this, but I have read of some doctors doing this. When compared to medicine, this will be under the EENT (or HEENT) specialization. If I'm not mistaken, maxillofacial surgery is a specialty under orthodontics, but that doesn't make dentists knowledgeable about aesthetic properties. I think that as long as a surgeon is board-certified at the KSAPS or in wherever Association/College and has enough training/experience needed, he/she can be a jack of all trades.

I just read a post over at the Asian nosejob3 thread about a lady who went to Shimmian in Manila and had very saddening results. I remember reading somewhere here (I can't remember who mentioned it) about nose jung. Aren't they the same? I mean, even if it was done by a different doctor, I think that "brands" should remain consistent all throughout, regardless of where they are. It makes me want to reevaluate my clinic research more. =/

SeoulForReal is right in this aspect.

Any board certified doctor can do the job, but there has been statistics of many accidents recurring, leading to revisions.
With jack of all trades it's a gamble, not always a screwup but a higher possibility.

Hi, I have very sleepy eyes, and want to do ptosis correction, but I can not decide which doctor to choose.

Is there anyone here who has done ptosis correction? If so, by which doctor? are you satisfied with the result?

Please I need your advices.
THank you

Hey plastic_korea

I stumbled on your post about doing rhino at bk. Im considering rhino in Dec and wanted to know how are you going with ur results?

Also, if you are comfortable can I see your b &a? you can email me at [email protected]. more pm yet >.< Thank you!! &hearts;&hearts;

I think it's fair to say that east asians (Japanese, Korean, etc) share a traits and south east asians share traits (Filipino, Laotian, Cambodian, etc). It's hard to categorize China into either, because China is so large and diverse. I see more south east asians who look like east asians rather than vice versa, though. This is probably because they do have east asian blood in them somewhere.

Thanks Darlene, I will keep you guys updated :heart:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I'm looking for View Clinic's email address. I can't seem to find it on this forum or on their website (viewclinic.com) .. only gives their phone number and it doesn't help not being able to read korean.

Would be grateful if someone can help me out? =)

Unfortunately, the only email we had was to an office worker there by the name of Miss Kim who according to a recent post is no longer working at View.

Ahh I see. So I guess id have to get a translator to book an appt. Ok thank you !

CT Scans

One thing I'm concerned about is the amount of CT scans I took in less than a month for consultations ~ about 6. I wonder if you could just purchase your CT scan, put it on a thumb drive and just use one CT scan when you do consults.

Radiation exposure

During a CT scan, you're briefly exposed to much more radiation than you would be during a plain X-ray. This radiation from imaging tests has a very small potential to increase your risk of cancer. Still, CT scans have many benefits that may outweigh potential risks. Doctors use the lowest dose of radiation whenever possible. Newer machines and techniques may expose you to less radiation. Talk with your doctor about the benefits and risks of your CT scan.

The radiation dose from one CT scan typically ranges from a couple of millisieverts - comparable to the yearly background radiation from natural sources - to close to 20 millisieverts, the annual exposure limit for nuclear industry employees.

Although each scan only has a small impact on a person's long term risk of cancer, that risk can build over time with more scans and more radiation exposure.

One study from the National Cancer Institute estimated there would be about 29,000 future cancers related to scans done in 2007 alone. That year, Americans had about 72 million total CT scans.

http://news.yahoo.com/many-people-unaware-radiation-risk-ct-scans-213236978.html

The other email is [email protected]
Since Ms Kim is gone , nobody in View could speak English, but if u could understand Chinese or write Korean than u're at the lucky side... Let us know if u got any reply

Hey, Kimjoo! Congratulation with your surgery! I've read your posts about this experience. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm interested at that clinic too.
I would like to know more about it, if you don't mind. But unfortunately, for now I have some limits with sending a PM. Do you have any email to contact with you?
Looking forward!
p.s. English isn't my native language. Sorry about this . lol

Hi, anna85,
I don't know what to do with my nose, after I've read this post. Probably you already guessing why. I have done my nose surgery almost 3 years ago with rib cartilage. It was only lifted. So the result not good at all. And I'm planning to refresh it, but after that post (which I've read) I'm not so sure what method could fix my current nose. =(
You've been mentioned that Grand prefer use this material only in extreme cases. So I've contacted them, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Do you already choose the clinic for doing your nose-revision? When are you planning to go to Korea?
Thanks and looking forward from you soon.