BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Yeah! I guess hostel privacy is not much of an issue if you choose for private room with ensuite toilet... More safe than staying at love hotel i would say lol... well At least that's what I am doing staying at hostel with private toilet attached to it so I wont scared people with my after surgery look LOL!
And I had stayed before that particular hostel before so I am pretty comfortable with it :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi anitx, I was charging same price as yours from teuim via email. Maybe we have to use our bargainingt skills during our face to face consultation. Banobagi charge me at higher price with the same surgeries like full incision , muscle correction plus epi total up to 4800000 won , it is so nmuch higher than teuim. And I haven't got replied from other clinic yet. Btw, aren't u considering other clinics? Teuim is on my top list too. But will still considering other clinics too.

Primary

i would have to disagree with your logic there. surgeons in the states work with people who are already born with those Caucasian features that some people may want. but re-creating that look for another person is a whole
different ball game. you need experience with augmentation and cartilage grafts. most doctors in the states are just use to shaving down an excess of cartilage (overly tall bridge or hump) not adding on cartilage. if docs in the states were very skilled in recreating the Caucasian nose (tall bridge and defined tip) for ethnic patients than i wouldn't have to travel all the way to korea. just my two cents :smile:

primary

Hey SeoulforReal,

What is your opinon on apartments for rent? I've seen some on sites like airbnb.com for <$100/night which sounds almost too good to be true.

Yeah, that makes sense, I think American docs are more used to knocking or sizing down, and Asian docs are more used to building or sizing up.

That sounds about right it depends on location and accommodation. Airbnb is going to be cheaper than a hotel and prices will vary by location. For example you could probably rent a 2 bedroom apt for $100 a night in North Seoul, and pay $100 a night for a one room studio (officetel) in the heart of Gangnam.

Assuming you want to be within a 5-10 minute commute to Gangnam & Apujeong clinics:

$ US Dollars. (For simplicity $1 = 1,000 South Korean Won)

Hotels 3 Stars and Above

----- 3 Star $100 to $150 per night
----- 4 Star $150 to $200 per night
----- 5 Star $200+ per night

Pros: If you have money to spend, probably a good choice. Comfortable, English speaking staff and concierge, good service, room service, housekeeping, privacy, safety etc...

Cons: If you're not rich, this hurts your wallet fast.

Hostel, Goshiwon and Minirooms

Quality can range from ghetto to great
$15 to $40 per night

Pros: Cheap, traveler oriented, usually a nice old lady or man on standby to offer advice and assistance. Other foreigners staying within the building to ask questions.

Cons: Community areas are shared, varies by location (Kitchen, bathrooms, etc...) So might not be the best environment for post operation when you want to be hiding and resting with privacy, but if you're only doing consultations, not a bad option.

Local host Family/Friend or Room Share

Often can be very good quality, especially if staying in a large villa or apartment
$50 to $100

Pros: Nice family and local person to help out (depends on the people, so read reviews), safe, affordable, comfortable* (depends on if they had experience hosting a PS patient).

Cons: Since it's shared it really depends on how you mesh with the people, and they may or not be very PS patient friendly.

*BTW - My GF and I might post our places for rent and we're PS patient friendly

Airbnb Officetels, Villas and Apartments

These can cover the whole quality spectrum (1 star to 5 star), so depends on your budget and if you are sharing a room or renting the whole space.

Officetel = a large building with a lobby area - Over 5 floors (as high as 25 floors or more) mostly studio or loft style lay outs, but there are some with one to two room layouts. Almost always has an elevator.

Villa = is a short story building 5 floors or less and can have studios or multi room layouts (may not have an elevator)

Apartment = Large towering buildings situated in a surrounded community with multiroom layouts. Almost always has an elevator.

Pros: It's like your own place, so you feel like a local, and comfortable in your own living space, privacy and comfort (depends on accommodation).

Cons: It's not a hotel, so a little risky, meaning it's not a business, but regular people renting, so people could flake and decide "oops I can't rent it." But Airbnb tries to protect against that. Hit or miss, so be sure to read reviews.

Motels

--- 1 star $40 per night
--- 2 star $50 to $80 per night

*These are starting to appear on English hotel booking sites as Hotels.

Pros: Cheap, somewhat clean, but not hotel quality, moderately safe, but borderline

Cons: Staff not as service oriented. Mostly used for one night stands and couples, so might not be the most conducive healing oriented or positive environment. Often located in sketchy back alleyways.

Man, i wish we could group all these kind of posts together at the beginning of the thread so that its easily accessible. Great post.

The reasons why people are booking with Airbnb is because:
- Cheap prices
- Convenient locations
- Reviews

There are honest reviews of the rooms on Airbnb so you know what to expect. If you're not high maintenance and, like me, you don't care if the hotel is fancy, then you can find really cheap places on Airbnb. You can also find nice apartments on there for less than $100USD a night.

You are fine, I just checked it out on Naver and saw it on Naver street view, since it's located on the main street, and does not have the tacky characteristics of a love motel, i.e. LED neon light show and big drapes covering the parking garage entrance - they do this so you can drive out without being spotted.

Hotel Highland is more of a 3 Star budget business travel hotel.

Spotting a Love Motel
[​IMG]

Hi Rachy888. Swelling is common after any surgery because it's our body's natural way to heal. Circulation is increased to make room for certain cells and nutrients in speeding up repairing and healing process. It gradually subsides, but that all depends on your general health status. That's why I consider the actual recovery time apart from the downtime and inquire for post-care support.