BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

You are a great asset to this site giving up so much of your time to help others, a real credit. As your knowledge is quite extensive are you currently studying cosmetic surgery to be a surgeon or have had a lot of surgeries to be so interested in this field? It's unusual for a man to take such an interest unless you are one of the two. I think you said you were originally from the states, are you Asian? Sorry to ask, don't be offended, I'm just a bit curious.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't NEED a translator, I used one because I don't speak Korean and having major invasive surgery in a foreign country is quite scary. For me personally, I think if I didn't use a translator then my journey would have been very different, in fact if I didn't have a translator then I wouldn't go.

Translators make you journey and stay a lot more easier and you don't have to worry about much, I asked my translator about everything including shopping, restaurants, shows, trips, airport transfer not just surgery. It is also nice if you are travelling alone to have someone there before and after surgery and be with you during check ups as the nurses at my clinic didn't speak a single word of English so Zoe translated all their advice on how best to recover quickly, without Zoe I would not have got so many tips as I would not have understood them.

I think they are cheap for the service they provide, value for money.

Thanks, I took a look at the KSAPS board site, but unfortunately they don't list any names, at least on the English version. Would be more consumer friendly if they had.

As for translators, Nicole followed up with me yesterday and indicated that she had a cancellation and would be free April 16-18. (Her email was listed a page or two ago.) I asked her to let me know if something opened up. If I wasn't already confirmed for early April, I would want to use her services. It's definitely worth it and will make your trip easier.

A forumer had reached out to me to offer her services, but after some initial emails, it didn't seem as if she knew very much about the clinics or was able to answer any of my questions. :amuse: I was able to confirm Teium and IOU on my own by email and by phone.

Please, I need your advice.
I wrote to ask for a consultation with Teuim on my eyes (I've read good reviews), but after a long time they have written to me that they
do not operate non-Asian people.
There was very bad, I really wanted it. :cry:

Can you tell me the names of other clinics listed for eye surgery? (and maybe even removal of the masseter with radio frequencies, without surgery of the jaw)
Especially, ptosis and revisional.

Thanks! :smile:

Plastic surgery is still a taboo and will be a taboo for years to come. There are so many people that get plastic surgery that are judged because they are "fake". Then again, there are others that have gone under the knife but no one knows that they've gotten work done. It's one of those things where people say to themselves, "Wow she is so pretty. Oh wait, she got her nose done? She's not pretty anymore." That's one of the reasons people hide the truth. Plastic surgery is also associated with being unhappy with oneself and selfishness as you stated.

People will judge. Someone will notice. BUT, you're doing it to make yourself happy, not others. If your nose/eyes are features that you have always been conscious of and were never happy about it, then change it. People judge and talk smack because they are jealous of you. Remember that.

Bump :smile:

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)
NYC Angel (12th-27th) - confirmed
kianpark 17 (15-22) - confirmed consultation
bella147 (15 march - 2 April) **confirmed :smile:
AEREE (Feb 15th - April 4th) **I'm Here**
kisskissbang + mom (18 March - 31 March) Confirmed
itsumobaby (19th - 24 March)
Fishbone (20th Mar - 3rd Apr)
R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
Cherryzz around 24th
san ard mar.
angiebellex (28 March- 7 April)
daa_vaa (March 23rd)
xsh (27 March-9 April)

April 2013
Reneesyd (3 April - 18 April)
HongKongPhooey & friend 9th to 30th April, flights booked
SeekingBeauty (April 6th - 17th)
Snowcup (April 2-17)
Kimmmy78 ( April 6 to 21)

May 2013
Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)

June 2013
Lexethan MALE (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Ticket Booked!
Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.
Janersmaners (towards the end of June)
Plasticbuns (1 month)
Crystallinesnow (end of June)

July 2013
turningpoint (14July-28July)

If you go through the eyelid revision thread, and review a few pages, you will find other surgeons listed and contact info. Plus, it's a much smaller thread than this one so it's pretty easy to review through it. Also, you might want to indicate what you're looking for exactly. Most people who go to Seoul for eyelid revision surgery are Asian, since that's the esthetic and expertise they need and can't always find easily where they live.

O no! That is really bad becouse from my searching I learnt thta they have the best doctor for eyes surgery. Did You aksed why he is not doing non-Asian people, is it becouse our eyes are so diffrent than Asian that he doesn`t feel confident to do it or what? Becouse if it is diffrent reason maybe it would be a chance if we pay him more than normal price for surgery, maybe than they would agree ..?

Anyway I am still searching how to make eyes look longer from front view and I found
Levator muscle correction. Could someone say something more about it?

A close friend of my boyfriend is getting married and my boyfriend wants me to go to the wedding with him. If the wedding is 11 days after my surgery date and I get rhinoplasty with fat graft, would I still be too swollen or bruised or too plastic? I know I can always wear make up if the bruising is minimal. This will be the first time I'll be meeting these important friends of his and I don't want them to know I just went under the knife.

Can't wait to see it! As a resident there, you do have a firsthand view of it all. Your comments about Korean pop culture and Gangnam were pretty interesting and made me think. That's always a good thing. :P

For those folks who are on their way to Korea, I found this fun list from CNN about Seoul.

http://travel.cnn.com/seoul/life/50-reasons-why-seoul-worlds-greatest-city-534720

Three things about me: love to research, social chameleon and empathy

I have a natural curiosity and tendency to over analyze anything I am interested in purchasing, subscribing to, working on, or joining. For example, last week I wanted to buy a food dehydrator, and I researched how they work, the different methods of operation, which ones preserve the most nutrients, etc... This quirk makes me have intermediate knowledge about a lot of topics as opposed to advanced knowledge about a few topics. It has its pros and cons, and sometimes makes it difficult to make a choice when you know too much (decision paralysis).

I never considered PS seriously until I came to Korea, when you become an expat in a new culture, you're basically starting over again and making a new identity and life. Another personality tendency I have is being a social chameleon, it's a behavior pattern I've had since childhood. If you threw me in South Central LA, I'd convincingly look like I belong to a street gang, if you threw me in Wall Street, I'd quickly adopt the role as a banker - It also has its pros and cons. I'm wired to become a sponge, take in as much around me, figure out what is what, and reflect it back to become adapted to my environment. Although, I have a healthy self-esteem and confidence in my appearance, and other people tell me nice things about how I look, especially Koreans when I moved out here, something started to change as I was taking in this new environment. Like most young people in Gangnam, I started to mix in with the night crowd and gradually gravitated into one of a few "in crowds" in the scene (Djs, models, club owners, lawyers, doctors, professionals, actors, English teachers and everyday people barely getting by). From my earlier posts, I mentioned, it's a very image conscious and competitive scene, where many people peacock to the point of looking like a celebrity or model even if they are just an everyday person. Then I met my GF, who works as a model, and hanging out with her crowd of Seoul socialites, started to make me feel a need to adapt. In Korea, you're bombarded by appearance and beauty enhancement media everywhere even if you're a man, what's considered "gay" elsewhere is practically a norm here (just take a look at the duty-free cosmetics section when you arrive here - the men's section will be biggest in the world). I started looking at myself in a new critical way, and seeing how normalized cosmetic enhancement was here, I got curious, and my research tendency got activated.

That's when I started looking into getting a touch-up, even though my friends and GF were advising me not to. But after awhile, my lens changes, things calmed down, I had spent enough time in the scene, and started to see things for how they really are, and didn't want to go where I was going, so I would say my PS intentions have been put on pause until further notice. If I decide to do it, I'll be honest with myself and know why exactly I am doing it.

Since I learned a lot, grew to love my GF, who is one of a kind anomaly - she looks the part and plays in the scene, but unlike 99% of people in that crowd she has a super down-to-earth, simple, humble and befriending nature that makes her enjoy the good parts without absorbing the drama. She sees all people as people regardless of their status and appearance.

She's looking for a new career because the modeling thing was never really her thing, and having a decent living as a woman in Korea without a prestigious degree is tough, and that's how she fell into - to have an income. We both realized a lot of foreigners are kind of navigating in the dark about the Korean PS topic. And lets be honest, a forum about women's handbags is not exactly the best place to discuss it, so we talked and we both felt empathy about the issue because she saw my own struggle to grasp the topic with confidence, even though I'm living here. And we could only imagine the concern people coming here as tourists feel about taking such a big chance.

So now my research intentions have changed, and we're working to organize info much better, provide people coming here with accommodations (our own homes) and local no BS knowledge as a small start up project I want her to have ownership of and grow.

Gangnam is cool, young Korean people and their style are attractive and Seoul is a great place to experience - despite some insider comments from my part. My GF is well suited to take women out in the scene as a guide or Korean BFF-for-hire who can help people enjoy Gangnam like local without the drama.

As for my Asian-ness, and ability to give qualified opinions on Asian and Korean culture, I'll tell you this much:

- I've spent 10 years working for Asian American non-profit organizations on issues ranging from diaspora, racism, to social welfare, and a lot time, especially in Asian entertainment culture, so I have an intimate knowledge about many Asian cultures, especially their TV and film. Hmong, Indians, Pinoy all the way to Chaozhou people
- I spent time doing coursework at a Korean university
- I live, work, eat, sleep and play side-by-side with Koreans now

I'll keep everyone posted on are project, and feel free to PM or kakao me. I've already helped a few people while they were out here.

It's cutting it close, I would advise to prepare your body to be in the most optimal condition for healing. Good diet and exercise, start taking supplements such Vitamin C and Bromelain, a natural occurring anti-inflammatory derived from a pineapple extract.

-No aspirin, vitamin e and omega-3 supplements, smoking, and alcohol at least 2 weeks prior to surgery (recommend a month or more if you can) and at least 1 month after

After surgery rest and recovery with light daily walking when you can (don't over do it)

All else fails, go to a make-up artist at Nordstroms or at a salon, to hide any bruising, or just take a rain check on the wedding, and let your BF know.

Its great what you're doing, it truly is. For people who are half way around the world, its great that someone is in Korea actually trying to organise all the information out there to be a lot more factual and, well, organized.

ya it is quite a sad reality. ever since i was young i was a big fan of asian cinema specifically chinese and japenese films, i didn't watch korean movies and dramas until a few years ago. there movies are quite good, especially Beat if you heard of the movie with jung woo sung which was really popular in korea, such a sad movie though.

anyways shortly after i finished watching boys over flowers (she was one of the trio for the mean girls) I found out about that girl committing suicide from the net, i was really shocked. i didn't know there was such high suicide rates in places like japan and korea. but i can understand why cuz life isn't easy there. i have a friend who stayed in dubai to visit her family and kdramas are quite popular over there. this is quite off topic but i think its important for people to realize that what we see in korean dramas and movies isn't how real life is like there. there's alot of social issues that need to be fixed there, thanks for shedding some light into the realities of life in korea.

hey thanks alot for writing about your experience in korea, and especially about telling others of other nationalities to not be afraid to come and visit korea. i'm east african myself (somalian) and sometimes i have reservations about going over to asia for ps especially south korea, but it's reassuring to hear you had a good experience. i'm not to worried though about getting stares, since there aren't too many foreigners there so i guess its warranted. hope you have a good recovery :smile: