BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

This is a very interesting tangent on a PS thread...

Personally, I loved Gangnam when I visited. It reminded me of a newer, cleaner version of NYC. Also, it seems like you have a lot of disgust towards Koreans (living in Gangnam) so I'd like to know why you are living there now.

My aunt lives in Seoul, but north of the Han river. Her family is middle class, but she's never been to Gangnam in her life, despite having lived there for over 17 years. And she definitely doesn't have the casual attitude towards plastic surgery you speak of-she highly disapproved of my intentions to get work done.

I don't think you can generalize all Koreans from your specific subjective experiences limited to one small area. Even if 90% of Korea's wealth is concentrated in Gangnam, it still only represents a small fraction of the Korean populace. In addition, in the U.S., 10% of the population own 90% of the wealth, but we don't consider the top 10% to be representative of Americans.

Lastly, may I ask what you are doing trolling a Korean plastic surgery thread? Do you plan on getting work done? Your posts are very patronizing and belittling towards people who get plastic surgery. I guess you don't realize that we're all here to get work done...?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated.

QUOTE=meliwaa;24455516]April 2013

Unk (April 1-21) (Kakao confirmed)

Snowcup (April 2-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Reneesyd (April 3-18) (Kakao confirmed)

SeekingBeauty (April 6-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Kimmmy78 (April 6-21) (Kakao Confirmed)

HongKongPhooey & friend (April 9-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Violet989 (April 10-23) flight booked (Kakao confirmed)

Cinnamongirl06 (April 15-29) (Kakao confirmed)

Taurodont(April 17-April 28)

Happy pills and friend (April 18-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Travelingstil (April 22-May 5) (Kakao confirmed)

Missy pink (April 24-May 4) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

kawaiifromus (April 26-May 7) (kakao confirmed)

May 2013

Green Hood (May 2nd - May 16th) flight confirmed, accommodation paid, translator booked, (kakao confirmed)**Male

Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)

Shhshh (May 10th - May 23th)

Signalz (May 13th - May 26th) flight booked *Male

Schlok (14 - 28 May) *Flight & Hotel confirmed*

annhatesyou (May 15th - June 19th)

Yoonson (April 18 - May 23)

June 2013

Meliwaa (June 11 - June 28) Flight booked

Plasticbuns (June 13th - July 9th)Ticket booked!

Lexethan (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Tickets Booked!

Thumbelina 123 (June 16th - June 26th)

Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.

Janersmaners (towards the end of June)

Crystallinesnow (end of June)

Rhinosaurus

July 2013

JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.

Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.

turningpoint (14July - 28July) Hello hello!

ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!

1. I personally didn't have any difficulties consulting in person, a few of the online ones just didn't reply (I guess some don't have great email communication and some just don't deal with Caucasian faces). I actually think it worked to my advantage because I could figure out which ones just wanted money and which ones were telling me the truth.

2. Convenience and price point. I'm living abroad in Korea currently so it's much more manageable for me. I do think that the majority of Caucasian patients are English teachers/Army or Army family/Expats and not people actually traveling to Korea for surgery only (or expat in neighboring country). Since there aren't statistics you can't really prove it either way but no matter, I would choose Korea again.

Hi everyone, just something to share that you might find useful:

I was looking for arnica, bromelian, and other supplements before but didn't have time to purchase it before coming to Korea. However I found these deswelling supplements in Korea! It is a 10 day supply I bought from a pharmacy.
There are 20 ampoules for drinking 2 bottles a day, tablet bromelian+ vitamins and minerals 2 tablets each time twice a day, and arnica cream 3-4 times a day usage for full face.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366615256.760747.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366615363.955655.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366615384.473129.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366615974.489247.jpg
I bought those and a big box of vitamin C 1009 for 161,000 Korean won at the pharmacy next to BK hospital. The people that work there only know very basic English but luckily there was another customer there who help me to ask them for what I was looking for.
It's quite small but I see people bringing prescriptions to them.

I haven't tried the supplements yet so I'm not sure if it's very good, but since its sold in the Korean pharmacy I think it is worth a try.

Hi ms.rochelle!

I have to agree with kkim120 here. You should definitely read the bios of the doctors. ^^
Based on my research so far I know that Dr. Yoo of Pitangui (Brazil etc.), Dr. Yoo of Dream (Germany, Duesseldorf), Dr, Kim of Belita (US), Dr. Han of FaceHan (Germany) etc.
I think you asked for those who trained in countries with Caucasian population and not nations like Japan or China, hehe.
Again, research in what kind of procedures the doctor specializes!

I don´t know about such a thread, sorry. ^^

Regards

Ooooops! Sorry guys noticed for a while but I am apparently very bad with names i mistook the name of my doctor and wrote the wrong name before :panic:
My Doctor of Dream was Dr. Kim Hyeon Seok, specialized in eye and nose surgery.
His email is [email protected]. Maybe they answer through this mail faster than on their general email: [email protected].

I am more than 2 months Post Op and I am loving my results. My results are not dramatic, after all i only did "minor" surgeries. Instead in my opinon I think the surgeries were done to compliment the already existing features, that is why my results look very natural as if I was born with it....

Hi EevaLeena!

Thank you very much for the email. ^^

Thanks Eeva,

Now I'm confused. How many clinics named "Dream" in Seoul. I thought you've done @http://www.dreamclinic. co. kr/
This is what shown in google when I type "Dream Plastic surgery".
But based on your update, your mentioned dream clinic is this http://www.e-dream. co. kr/ :search:

Hi turningpoint ^^

Haha actually there are 2 branches in Seoul - one with Dr. Park, Dr. Kim etc and one with Dr. Song and Dr. Kim.
You can look it up here: http://www.e-dream.co.kr/main/english/1_4.php

Do you mean this website? http://www.dreamsurgery.co.kr This is the same clinic as the one mentioned above. ^^ It´s just more detailed in Korean.

http://www.dreamclinic.co.kr is now known as Before&After Clinic. (It was formerly called Dream Clinic but they changed their name in 2010 I think) This is their current website: http://www.bnaclinic.com/mall/index.php
However there is no English version of this website.....

I hope I could help you a little bit. ^^

Regards

Thank you again for all your help!

Is it possible to drastically change your face and still look natural? I wouldn't mind a dramatic change as long as I don't resemble a fake barbie doll afterwards.

I'd like to go to Korea next summer in 2014.

Hello!

I'd like to have surgery in Korea instead of the U.S. for the following reasons:

1) I like Korean standards of beauty
2) It's cheaper
3) It's almost impossible to find a surgeon who is willing to saw off a part of your jaw in the U.S. while it's quite normal in Korea. Basically, the surgery I want to do, doesn't exist in my country.

Hi Seoul for real, would like to ask you about this dr.park in AT plastic surgery clinic, did you happen to know anything like he skill or you went for consultation before? Anyway thx for being so kind to share with us : )

Hi everyone, I finally got around to finish writing about my plastic surgery experience in South Korea. I landed on 31st March and flew back on 16th April. Before flying off, I booked a consultation with Pitangui, Oz, Grand and Banobagi. However, I did not show up for my consultation with Banobagi since I decided they were a bit out of my final budget of $6mil won. I was also getting lazy by the end from moving around too much so I just stayed around Apgujeong Station to walk into other clinics. There were plenty to choose from on that street anyway hahahaha.

I was fortunate to be meeting my boyfriend there during his work vacation. He works as a Korean-English interpreter/translator with a KEPCO branch in UAE and took great care of me throughout my consultations, surgery and recovery. He’s wonderful, I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect companion! It’s a shame he is not based in South Korea or he could offer his interpreting/translating services as a part-time job. I won’t be able to express how grateful and how much I appreciate his support throughout the entire trip.

Procedures:
Nose
Bridge augmentation with I-shape silicone
Tip-plasty
Alar reduction
Eyes
Non-incisional double eyelid
Epicanthoplasty (Only recommended at Pitangui and Grand)

Consultations Day (2nd April 2013)

10 a.m: Pitangui ($5mil won)
Clinic
The building is barely a minute walk away from Sinsa Station Exit 1 (if I remember correctly) and on your right. Although the sign is a little small, it’s still easy and convenient to locate for first-timers. The main lobby is on the 3rd floor so we took an elevator. It brought us right into the clinic when the elevator opens and we were greeted with a clinic as grand as the photos promised. You can have a look at photos of the clinic on their website or Facebook page. It’s the grandest plastic surgery clinic I’ve ever seen (though I haven’t seen that much). My boyfriend even told me they could change their line of business to interior design hahahah. Although it’s very posh, we were honestly a little intimidated at first. There’s even a white grand piano in the centre of the lobby. Maybe it’s just the nerves since it’s my first consultation.

Consultation
I went up to the desk and my boyfriend gave them my name and our scheduled appointment time. Nicole, their interpreter, greeted me and led me to their sofa. She came back shortly with an application form and helped me fill it in. We waited for a bit and went into a consultation room with a consultant and Nicole shortly afterwards. My boyfriend mentioned that it is not necessary for Nicole to be present since he can do the interpreting for me but it was disregarded. They said something about it being a procedure so we let it slide, thinking nothing much of it.

The consultant asked me the usual questions, such as which part of my face I am interested in changing. My boyfriend did most of the talking without my interjection since he knows by heart what I want anyway. Nicole was sitting by the side the entire time and explained the mentioned procedures to me while my boyfriend discussed with the consultant. Nicole left the room for a while and after 15 minutes or so, Doctor Yoo was ready to see me. Nicole came back to fetch me and I stood up, expecting my boyfriend to tag along. However, he was asked to stay behind and wait at the consultation room.

On the way to the doctor’s office, Nicole asked me in a hushed tone if my boyfriend is an interpreter which I hired. I was a bit surprised, said no and attempted to ask if he is allowed to accompany me during my consultation. However, I was quickly ushered into the office so I just let it slide. In retrospect, perhaps I should have insisted more. This turn of events made me feel uncomfortable, insecure and disturbed.

Dr Yoo asked me which aspect of my face I am not satisfied with and recommended appropriate procedures for me. I did not plan to have epicanthoplasty but he recommended it as an option if I want to have it done with my double eyelids. While he did look hard and very carefully at my face during our consultation, he did not touch my facial features throughout the entire session. I regret to say the consultation barely lasted 10 minutes since I was affected by Nicole’s behavior towards my boyfriend. I expected him to be there to assist me because I tend to be forgetful. Needless to say, I was nervous and insecure to be in there alone and it made me feel like I was just being led on by Nicole.

I went back to the consultation room and we discussed which procedure we will be having. The consultant listed each price individually and gave us a total of $5mil won. We tried our luck and haggled but it was unsuccessful. The price is reasonable though, we didn’t have problems with it. My boyfriend was prepared to pay for the deposit but I subtly hinted to him that I need more time to consider (uneasy gut feeling) and we left. I believe we would have gone ahead with Pitangui if Nicole had been more welcoming towards my boyfriend and did not forbid him from accompanying him. Besides that, everything else was great.

Receptionists
Not much to say about them since I did not get to interact with them. Nicole and the consultant took over pretty soon after I gave them my name. They look friendly and were chatting together in a corner behind the desk when I walked in. My boyfriend noted that they were a little loud though, I didn’t really notice. Understandable since it was just 10am and the clinic just opened for the day.

Consultant
She was a very sweet and helpful lady. Although she was nice, she wasn’t being overbearing and we felt comfortable talking to her. She answered all our questions patiently and thoroughly. We had a very nice talk with her and she made us feel welcomed.

Interpreter/Translator
I corresponded with Nicole for a while through e-mails prior to the consultation. I was impressed at the speed and content of her replies. It was very professional and clear. She greeted me with enthusiasm but disregarded my boyfriend the entire time. I found it weird at first but didn’t really think much about it until I found out it’s because she thought he was a hired interpreter. She was very nice to me and tried to help me interpret but it felt forced after we mentioned that it was not necessary. That came off as being a little pushy and overbearing. I understand that her intentions were good and she’s only trying to help though.
However, it put us off after she assumed that my boyfriend is a hired interpreter and forbade him from accompanying me into the doctor’s office. That gave me a bad feeling and I started having second thoughts about Pitangui. It is not related with the skills of the surgeon though. I just did not like the way my boyfriend was treated since he will be with me throughout my surgery and checkups. I just want him to be treated well during my stay too. I feel that it was unprofessional for her to act that way towards him, even if he was a hired interpreter in a hypothetical situation. Say that he is, I should be the one to decide if he gets to follow or not since I would be the one paying for his services and time.

Dr Yoo
Not much to say about him either. He was really warm and smiley throughout the consultation and listened carefully to me. The only downside is he did not touch my facial features so I found it a bit odd.

(continued in next post)