BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

12 noon: Oz ($6.4mil won)
Clinic
We spent half an hour looking for his clinic and I was getting annoyed. It was a little tricky to find. We were the only people there when we arrived but maybe because it was lunchtime. It’s a very clean and modern and simple-looking clinic. For some reason, I expected it to look worse hahahah.

Consultation
I went up to the desk and my boyfriend gave them my name and our scheduled appointment time. The receptionist motioned us towards the sofa and brought an application form to us. My boyfriend filled it up and passed it back to her. We waited for 15 minutes and went into Dr Park’s office together. He greeted us warmly and asked me which procedure I am interested in. I told him and he drew the shape of my nose in the empty space on my application form after touching my nose. He showed me how he will modify it from different angles. He also used a thin wire(?) to make temporary double eyelid lines on my eyelids to show me the sizes he can do for me. He even showed me a sample of the silicone he’ll be using for my bridge and recommended 2~3mm since I didn’t want it to be too high/unnatural.

We asked for his opinions for future procedures as well, such as facial contouring, and he offered his honest opinions. My boyfriend suggested zygoma reduction and V-line since I have a wide, round (and flat hahaha) face. However, Dr Park said that those surgeries wouldn’t do much of a change for me since my actual problem is a big skull and there are no procedures such as skull reduction or skull shaving (gotta love his humour though). He said that he will only recommend it to people who earn money with their looks. His reasoning is that it wouldn’t be worth my time and money for an invasive procedure that wouldn’t bring much difference to my features. My boyfriend asked if he can do it if the patient insists and he said of course hahahaha. After making sure we’ve understood everything, he began listing down the prices for each procedure. If I remember correctly, it was $5mil won for nose and $1.4mil won for eyes. We felt that the prices were a big too high and he couldn’t reduce it more. We told him we will consider it and contact him a few hours later if we decide to proceed.

Receptionists
Not much to say about her since there was minimal interaction. She smiled at us a few times but minded her business while we were waiting. She looks a bit odd though, I am sure she had something done and it looked a bit awkward/obvious. That was a discouraging indicator but we didn’t take it much into consideration.

Dr Park
We really enjoyed our consultation with him and his English is good. He gave off an easygoing and relaxed but confident vibe. We also liked his sense of humour, perhaps it’s his way of talking but either way it made it feel easier to speak up with him. His honest opinions are very much appreciated as well. Too bad the prices were a bit steep for us, which was unexpected. I thought Oz would be one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) out of all the clinics I was consulting.

Up next, consultation at Grand and JW, which might take a few days. I'll start writing about the clinic I chose and the surgery + post-op care afterwards. Maybe I’ll compile all of these into a blog to make it easier to find and read. Please let me know if my reviews broke any rules (such as promoting etc.) I am not very sure since it's my first time writing something like this.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SeoulforReal, sorry I haven't PM you yet. Recently I'm very busy and still need some time searching for more info.
Refer to your above statement, does it mean that US maxillofacial surgeons are on par or even better than Korean ones?

As far as I know, Western docs generally use traditional approach for orthognathic surgery, i.e. orthodontics treatment first before bi-maxillary surgery, followed by orthodontics treatment again. On the contrary, Korean docs (claimed by ID Hospital as the pioneer of this technique) use a more radical approach by doing the surgery-first and then followed by orthodontics treatment. I personally prefer the second method because it greatly reduces the treatment time. Actually I got the name of several America's best maxillofacial surgeons, but I don't know if any of them is really an expert in this technique.

After doing internet search, I found out that there's a Spanish surgeon (Federico Hernández-Alfaro, MD, DDS, PhD, FEBOMS) who also uses the surgery-first approach. In his journal, it's mentioned that the performance of surgery without orthodontic preparation, followed by regular postoperative dental alignment, was proposed by Nagasaka H, Sugawara J, Kawamura H, et al (NOT BY KOREAN DOCS, esp. Dr. Park from ID Hospital). Does it mean that ID Hospital has made false claims?

I read from your previous posts about Dr. Han from Face-Han Clinic. He's a Korean maxillofacial surgeon trained in Germany. Does he follow the same traditional approach or the newer surgery-first method? What do you think? Should I choose Dr. Han or one of US docs?

Thanks.

Hi! I went for a consultation with Dr. Park at AT clinic. He specializes in 2-jaw, ASO, v-line, genioplasty, and acculift (he claims it is to prevent sagging). He has many positive reviews on the Korean forums, which is why I went to see him. Ultimately, I didn't choose him because of price and because he wanted to do so many things for a 100% result. He is definitely a very knowledgeable doctor though! 20 years of no accidents.

http://atro.co.kr/

I think Sp0rty123 referred to 'AT Aesthetic Plastic Clinic'. Here's the link:
http://www.atro.co.kr/

The website is in Korean so I don't know its content. I suppose you have ever mentioned this clinic in one of your previous post (CMIIW), but I don't remember when.

Really? Are those reviews truly reliable? I'm looking for a very skillful orthognathic surgeon. Do you know Dr. Han from Face-Han Clinic? Which one is better?

They are naver reviews/blogs. I believe they're pretty reliable. Some people gave updates every so often so you really got to see their progress. It's pretty cool.

Sorry, I don't know Dr. Han from Face-Han clinic, so I can't tell you who is better. My orthognatic surgeon was Dr. Kang from Grand PS. He doesn't work there anymore and actually opened his own clinic this month called New Face Surgery. The website is still under construction though.

Yes, I do understand your point because up to now a few have not replied. I see. Then I guess that the stats online are not accurate and are just rough estimates. I cannot find the original source so I cannot quote it properly.

Updated.

Unk (April 1-21) (Kakao confirmed)

Snowcup (April 2-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Reneesyd (April 3-18) (Kakao confirmed)

SeekingBeauty (April 6-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Kimmmy78 (April 6-21) (Kakao Confirmed)

HongKongPhooey & friend (April 9-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Violet989 (April 10-23) flight booked (Kakao confirmed)

Cinnamongirl06 (April 15-29) (Kakao confirmed)

Taurodont(April 17-April 28)

Happy pills and friend (April 18-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Travelingstil (April 22-May 5) (Kakao confirmed)

Missy pink (April 24-May 4) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

kawaiifromus (April 26-May 7) (kakao confirmed)

May 2013

Green Hood (May 2nd - May 16th) flight confirmed, accommodation paid, translator booked, (kakao confirmed)**Male

Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)

Shhshh (May 10th - May 23th)

Signalz (May 13th - May 26th) flight booked *Male

Schlok (14 - 28 May) *Flight & Hotel confirmed*

annhatesyou (May 15th - June 19th)

Yoonson (April 18 - May 23)

June 2013

Meliwaa (June 11 - June 28) Flight booked

Plasticbuns (June 13th - July 9th)Ticket booked!

Lexethan (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Tickets Booked!

Thumbelina 123 (June 16th - June 26th) Tickets Booked, translator booked, kakao confirmed

Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.

Janersmaners (towards the end of June)

Crystallinesnow (end of June)

Rhinosaurus

July 2013

JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.

Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.

turningpoint (14July - 28July) Hello hello!

ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!

Hey everyone, I'll be in Seoul from 10th to 18th May for eyelids surgery...if anyone from the May group want to meet for dinner or just get together for moral support pls PM me...:P

Updated.

Unk (April 1-21) (Kakao confirmed)

Snowcup (April 2-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Reneesyd (April 3-18) (Kakao confirmed)

SeekingBeauty (April 6-17) (Kakao confirmed)

Kimmmy78 (April 6-21) (Kakao Confirmed)

HongKongPhooey & friend (April 9-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Violet989 (April 10-23) flight booked (Kakao confirmed)

Cinnamongirl06 (April 15-29) (Kakao confirmed)

Taurodont(April 17-April 28)

Happy pills and friend (April 18-30) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

Travelingstil (April 22-May 5) (Kakao confirmed)

Missy pink (April 24-May 4) flights booked (Kakao confirmed)

kawaiifromus (April 26-May 7) (kakao confirmed)

May 2013

Green Hood (May 2nd - May 16th) flight confirmed, accommodation paid, translator booked, (kakao confirmed)**Male

Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)

Shhshh (May 10th - May 23th)

Signalz (May 13th - May 26th) flight booked *Male

Schlok (14 - 28 May) *Flight & Hotel confirmed*

annhatesyou (May 15th - June 19th)

Chloe (May 10th - May 18th)

Yoonson (April 18 - May 23)

June 2013

Meliwaa (June 11 - June 28) Flight booked

Plasticbuns (June 13th - July 9th)Ticket booked!

Lexethan (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Tickets Booked!

Thumbelina 123 (June 16th - June 26th) Tickets Booked, translator booked, kakao confirmed

Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.

Janersmaners (towards the end of June)

Crystallinesnow (end of June)

Rhinosaurus

July 2013

JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.

Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.

turningpoint (14July - 28July) Hello hello!

ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!

Thx kimjoo! But the website is all in Korean hmmmm... I dun understand at all ... Sad.. Oh ya can I ask how much he charge you ? And also did he do any cheekbone reduction?

Hey Felix I have the same question with you... Which 1 is better?? When are you going for surgery or consultation ? I will be going around Aug, maybe will go and consult both of them. Will update you more : )

Whose idea was it to add the extra spacing between the lines on the Seoul list? Could the next person who updates and posts the list remove all the unnecessary space? :yes: It requires a lot of scrolling down for the rest of us and is actually harder to sum up who is going and when.

Also, I'm catching up on the thread from the past couple of weeks and am a little concerned by some of the questions posed. You really need to be physically, mentally, emotionally and financially ready before having any kind of plastic surgery. (What happens if the surgery isn't successful? Are you strong enough to deal with the disappointment? Can you afford a revision?) Take some time to do some research before rushing into a decision. Are your expectations or goals for your surgery realistic? There are many great forumers who share their experiences and do so generously, but use that information as pieces of a big jigsaw puzzle that you put together carefully, since their results are no guarantee of your own results. PS should really be thought of as enhancement and not transformation of your features, otherwise you may set yourself up for disappointment.

Apparently, I am still grumpy from the lack of good coffee in Seoul. :P