BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Me too, I'm gg on 10th may would love to meet with the May group...if there's a kakao group form for May pls let me know ;p

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!!
Did not know that so many people would be going in june...
had been browsing this forum from time to time and since mine military obligation ends in june i am thinking of going in june as well!!!!
its difficult to find people to relate to... and talk about this... especially when you are a guy... : ( .....

thanks lacryssa for the suggestion:ty: I looked online hotels.com but couldnt find highland hotel. Do you know if ramada hotel is close by jw? Im going alone to do my surgery and i am freaking out:sad: Is it crazy to go alone to do plastic surgery??

Hi Obssessnose,

I just had my rhino done at JW yesterday and am staying at a great airbnb apartment in gangnam. It's working out well as I went out shopping for groceries the day before and had everything ready for my return/recovery. I highly recommend an airbnb apartment over hotel, as more is included and it's usually the same price.

Also, Yumi from JW is really amazing and will help out with you being alone. She was with me before and after my surgeries, went out to get my medicine from the pharmacy for me, and almost took a taxi with me to make sure I got home ok. I ended up staying at JW for the night since my surgery ended so late. So don't worry, you'll be ok alone. :smile:

cheers,
A

Hi
mind if i ask do you pay ur surgery in cash or bank transfer or through other means?
Just curious...

You can pay in cash, using bank transfer or credit card. Most pay in cash to avoid 10% tax.

I just checked and it seems inconvenient to get to JW from Ramada, unless you are planning to get there using taxi everytime. I stayed at M1 motel near Janghanpyeong station (quite far but $45,000won per night including breakfast) so I am not sure if there are any other cheaper motels around JW.

Most of the members here go alone for plastic surgery so it's definitely not a crazy idea. This is why groups are formed, so that we can support and have fun with each other.

hi kain,
i saw from ur signature that you actually did rip Rhinoplasty and sliding genioplasty,was it with vip korea?
i had emailed them before and they recommended me most if not all of the procedures that you went through.How was the recovery time?? i heard that surgeries involving the rip tend to recover at a slower rate than silicon.

Quoting for this page..wow there's some REALLY good before and after pictures.

thanks so much Chipmunk :smile:

Hello! Do you know if the hotel offers monthly rental rates or is it purely on a daily basis? Most b&bs are around $20 cheaper but are the amenities ok? I plan to stay for 3 weeks to have enough time for consultations and for sight seeing before my surgery.

Yes their prices are very reasonable when compared to others. This is one of the factors why I will consult with them. All I know is what is on their website and from other people posted on the "has anybody tried pitangui" thread. I think that it is reputable because it is an old clinic. If it were not then it would have gone bankrupt right? I would like to see more photos of their surgery but their online consultant said that it is confidential and they will not release any photos without the consent of their patients. Good thing that there are some who are willing to share their photos. :ty:

Fraxel is a temporary fix and you may need multiple sessions for lasting results. But this is an individual response and would depend on how your skin reacts to it. Have you tried topical creams like tarazotene?

I find this quite interesting and thought that I would share what I know. PLEASE do correct me if I may have misrepresented some facts here because I do not a medical background.

When I finally made a decision that I wanted to have surgery in Korea, one of the first things I researched was specializations. Do plastic surgeons have specializations (specific field of expertise) when compared to their general surgeon counterparts? I know that doctors need additional training when they want to become an internist (internal medicine) and that it is a prerequisite to take up additional specialization (cardiology, pulmonology, etc.). One of my good friends is a doctor and has just finished taking her classes for nephrology and she explained this part when I asked her several months ago.

Anyway plastic surgery is a specialization in itself. You need to become a general surgeon first before you take up additional units in a specialized area such as cardiothoracic surgery, neuro surgery, or plastic/cosmetic/reconstructive surgery.

I have been trying to find if there are any "subspecializations" because we all want to go to the best doctor with the best training and expertise. I want to go to see a doctor that knows what he's doing with my eyes and and most would be doing the same if they wanted to do other parts (specialized nose doctor for rhinoplasties, etc).

But the truth is, there are no specializations of being a cosmetic eye surgeon, or cosmetic nose surgeon, or cosmetic breast surgeon. It is either you have the training in plastic surgery or not. The only specializations are for burns, hand surgery, craniofacial (cleft lip/palate), micro and pediatric surgeries. You can do a google or wikipedia search for this.

Plastic surgery is technically the rearrangement of tissues/muscles for aesthetic purposes. It deals with all the different techniques on how to manipulate tissues (liposuction, excision, fillers, sutures, etc). Does this mean that a specialized eye surgeon is more capable of doing double eyelid surgeries or revisions than a "regular" plastic surgeon? Or could it mean that their expertise only limits them to do eye surgeries because they either have limited or have not had any other experience doing other surgeries?

I will let you decide for that on your own because we all perceive things differently. If you want my opinion, I would be more concerned about general surgeons doing plastic surgery and specialized breast or nose doctors doing eye surgeries.

Ha, thats pretty funny. But just to set the record straight, it turns out these are contestants for Miss Daegu, not Miss Korea. And the pictures are more of an advertisement for photoshop and makeup than plastic surgery.