BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

If you're looking at a dramatic change, you may consider View?

Just sharing, from the information I've got so far. Some of their results are dramatic I must say.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I’m just now leaving Korea after 11 days there for PS. Here’s my story:

How I chose the right clinic.
My mother and I planned a trip to Korea in March to visit family and spend time together. While still in the planning stages, I told her I wanted to get plastic surgery, and she was very supportive (she’s had her own eyes done, tummy tuck, facelift) and glad to accompany me as a translator/price negotiator. Before the trip, I emailed a number of clinics (VIP, Item, Bangobagi, JW) for quotes, and both VIP and Bangobagi went all out with their quotes, recommending more than I expected with implants, facial plates, etc. The price quote for VIP was also significantly higher than Item and Bangobagi, so I made appointments with Item and JW for consultations while I was in Korea.

Consultation:
I have to admit, I only made it to JW and decided to go with them straight away. I was impressed with the service there, and I was able to speak to a manager first, both Dr. Suh and Dr. Seul for both surgeries, and afterward spoke to consultants regarding the price/scheduling surgeries. I was lucky with my mom, as she negotiated the price down a bit, and I was able to use my U.S. debit card without paying more. So, I paid a 10% deposit and made an appointment to return for both surgeries a month later.

Preliminary Testing:
Since I was planning to have my surgeries the day after arriving back to Korea, JW went ahead and took care of my chest xray and blood tests that day, to avoid the need for testing when I returned. Unfortunately, the week of my surgery, I received an email from Yumi (JW’s English language interpreter) that my liver tests returned very high and I had to go to JW the morning a day before my surgery to have it retested. This was frustrating as I had a strong feeling it was due to the beer and makgeolli I drank with my Korean family the night before (you know how Korean families can drink). So, I changed my flight and came back to Korea a day earlier to have my blood retested. Dr. Seul actually wanted a liver ultrasound (yikes, levels that high?!), so Yumi walked me to a clinic across the street to redo my blood tests and have a liver ultrasound done. They both turned out fine and the additional costs were about $80USD. Not bad. Note to others: Don’t drink the night before your blood tests/consultation!

Day of surgery:
I was somehow not very nervous the day of my surgery, although I felt like I gave myself ulcers in the weeks leading up to surgery, wondering if I would look drastically different, if I were making the right choice, if I would have to explain my change in looks to my friends, if something went wrong in surgery. I made sure to tell Yumi of all of my health conditions, including drug allergies, and a heart condition I have. They were ready for me when I arrived, and I had to sign a few additional waivers and meet with the doctors again so they could review the procedures/draw on me. I made my final payment (if using cc, make sure your bank will authorize a charge that high) and was off to the 5th floor for surgery. I initially was scheduled for mastopexy first followed by rhinoplasty, but for some reason they switched the two surgeries around and I had rhinoplasty first under sleeping anesthesia. Just before surgery, they had to cut all of the hair in my nose and use one of those nose trimmer things all the way up my nose, which was rough and unpleasant. After that, the nice anesthesiologist came over to tell me I was going to sleep now and I was out. I remembered a few moments waking up able to hear what was going on during the surgery, and I said some weird things like “I feel like a robot.” And then fell back asleep. Toward the end, Dr. Suh asked me if I could hear him and I said yes and he told me he was going to block my nasal passages now so I had to breath out of my mouth. I could kind of feel something going into my nose and although my nose was numb, I still felt a bit of a burning feeling like I just sniffed coke (never have, but that’s my guess on the appropriate feeling). After surgery, I could hear them cleaning up, and they walked me back to my room and put an ice pad on my nose/eyes while I rested for twenty minutes until the next surgery. A short rest later, I was walked back to the room to start my mastopexy surgery. They strapped me in and the nurse told me that if the surgery went really long, they would have to give me a catheter(sp). I said, oh no! but ok. Thank goodness in the end they didn't give me one even though my mastopexy took about 5 hours. It was a little bit awkward laying down for this surgery as I was still adjusting to breathing through my mouth, which I found incredibly difficult, but in just a few minutes, I was asleep again under stronger anesthesia. I think I may have coughed toward the end of surgery, as they were giving me oxygen when I woke up and continued to give it to me in my room for an hour after surgery. By the time both surgeries were finished, it was already 7pm, and Yumi came in to check on me and told me everything went well. The nurses did a good job of consistently giving me fresh ice packs for my eyes/nose, which was great because my face was really swollen by then. Probably not the best idea to have nose surgery first and lay down flat for a number of hours afterward for another surgery. They also put a button in my hand to push if I needed anything. Around 8:00pm, Yumi returned after going to the pharmacy for me to pick up my medicine. She explained my medicines and told me I could stay overnight there since it was so late and since I was alone. Otherwise, she would take a taxi with me to my apt to make sure I got home ok. I agreed to stay there overnight, and she told me she wouldn’t see me the next day, but told me when to come in on Monday. It was at this moment that I remembered I was just added to the April kakao group, and started to chat with others in town. What a great feeling to connect with others going through the same thing!

Day 1 Post Op:
So the next morning I woke up feeling/looking pretty swollen and bruised, although not in a lot of pain. I put on my clothes, asked for a mask, borrowed one of their gel ice masks to take home with me, and caught a taxi back to my apartment. I made myself Korean porridge that I bought from the store a day earlier, and fell asleep with my head/shoulders propped up on two pillows, with the ice pack on my eyes. I started to take sinecch and bromelain as soon as I returned home, hoping they would reduce at least some of the brusing/swelling. My mom tried to kakao call me, but I just messaged back that I was ok and sent a photo, which probably scared her! For the rest of the day, I took it easy watching tv and emailing on occasion. I warmed up some food I pre-prepared the day before and ate some fruit as well. I didn’t dare to leave the apartment as I was still feeling awkward trying to breathe and feeling really really swollen. By the end of the day, I was tired of watching tv and mildly stir-crazy from not leaving the apartment, but went to bed around 10pm. I woke up at 4am really hot and had to open windows for some fresh air and to re-freeze my eye/nose pack. I eventually cooled down and fell back asleep, although I have to say it is NOT comfortable sleeping with your head/shoulders elevated, which is what they recommend for a week after rhinoplasty.

Day 2 Post Op:
I woke up with my head and face feeling swollen still, but not as swollen as the day before. Throughout the day, the amount of swelling actually went down significantly. I’m not sure if it’s the bromelain/sinecch/ice pack, but I’m consistently sticking with all three just in case. I kept sneezing that day as well, which was terribly uncomfortable and worrying – I made sure to sneeze through my mouth, which was unpleasant. I still didn’t feel decent enough to leave the apartment, but I went to the mini-mart next door for more water and tissues. I was surprised at the

Day 3 Post Op:
I woke up at 5:30am really uncomfortable from sleeping semi-upright again, and opened the windows for fresh air and threw an ice pack on my eyes and fell back asleep until 8:30am. By then it was pouring outside and my first thought was about making sure to keep my nose dressings dry as I went outside to my appointment. I checked out myself in the mirror and noticed my eyes weren’t really swollen anymore and looked normal beside the dark purple bruises on the my inner eyelids and under the eyes. The one thing that seemed more swollen though was my cheeks, which looked a bit like chipmunk cheeks. Physically, I felt more energetic and myself as well. Good enough to half-shower and clean up before my appointment at the clinic. As I put on a button down shirt, I could already kind of see my lifted boobs from the mastopexy and was in good spirits. The appointment went well, I was given new dressings for my mastopexy and a special bra to wear. For my nose, one of the nurses removed the packing in my nose (that must have been disgusting) and cleaned out my nose. What an amazing feeling to be able to breathe out of my nose again!! I actually felt like my nose breathing was better after surgery – maybe he fixed a deviated septum while he was in there. Afterward, I was given a hair shampoo and blow dried my hair and also had a light treatment on my face to reduce swelling. Then I headed back home to relax.

Days 4-6 were pretty much the same with my swelling and bruising slowly decreasing. The areas around my eyes, started to turn yellow, which I hoped would go away around the time I had my splint removed. I also had small bruises on my lower cheeks and was feeling uncomfortable pressure around my jaw and generally in my face throughout these days. I also developed a number of painful canker sores in my mouth, which is common when my body undergoes a lot of stress. Those put a damper on my recovery throughout these days– there was so much delicious food in Korea I wanted to eat! I walked outside on occasion to keep the blood flowing, but didn’t really enjoy wearing a mask everywhere and getting curious looks from others in public. It worked out well though, as I had a lot of work to do from the office, so I took care of most of my emails and drafted items to make it easier once I returned to work the following week.

Day 7: The bruising was about half the amount of the previous and this was the day for my cast to come off! I was nervous/excited about this like it was Christmas. And to finally be able to stop wearing a nose cast and mask. The first thing taken care of during my office visit was my consult with Dr. Seul for my mastopexy, which looks great already. He removed some of my stitches and told me the others should be ready for removal on Monday during my last appointment before departure. He also told me I’d have to wear a sports bra for the next 2 months, which is no big deal. No more saggy boobs! Afterward, I went straight to a room where a nurse gently cleaned out my nose, removed my cast, and removed the stitches. It took a long time, but she was so careful that I was relaxed and nearly fell asleep. After the removal, I went straight to the light machine to help Deswell. I didn’t even have a chance by then to check myself out in the mirror. After the light machine session, I went straight to the bathroom to have a good look. I still had some brown/black marks on my face from pre-surgery marker/glue/something that wasn't coming off my nose, but it looked great! Quite swollen, but really great! I was very pleased, it was a subtle change, but also such an amazing difference. Before leaving for the day, I bumped into Yumi who also told me I looked really really good and that it would take about 6 months to see the final result after all the swelling went down. ☺ After the appointment, I felt more energetic than I had all week, and finally (mostly) myself again. I took a long stroll along Garosugil for some lunch and shopping, and walked all the way home.

Day 8-9: I had a friend in town for business and she was the first friend I saw post surgery and one of the few I plan to be honest with about the surgery. She told me I looked great and it was a very subtle difference. I hope that’s true as I’m very nervous about curiosities from friends/colleagues. These days I walked around A LOT, which was great for deswelling. The bruising was also starting to fade significantly. I still suffered from occasional pressure in my face and a feeling of jaw soreness/pain, but that was usually near bedtime and I just went to sleep and woke up feeling fine.

Day 10: Today was my final appointment and date of my departure from Korea. In total, I’ve spent 11 days in Korea, which was the perfect amount of time for both surgeries. As soon as I arrived to JW for my check-up, one of the woman at the reception desk gave me the phone and it was Yumi, who wasn’t working today. She asked what time I was leaving for the airport and offered to have a limo driver take me. Very sweet! After chatting with Yumi, I went in to see Dr. Seul for removal of the final stitches. He also showed me how to tape the incisions, gave recommendations for limiting scars, gave me a prescription to avoid keloid scars, and gave additional advice to optimize the results. He was very thorough and used English, and I was very pleased with the results and great care he also took of me for post-op. I would highly recommend him for mastopexy or augmentation (he has a lot of celebrity clients). After my appointment with Dr. Seul, I waited for Dr. Suh to check on my nose. He came in, looked at my nose, and without warning started to pinch the bridge HARD. I think he could tell it was painful and THEN told me he was going to pinch it and it would be painful. He pinched in a few other places along the bridge, each pinch hurt just as much, and finally finished. I’m usually pretty good at tolerating pain, but that was so unexpected that my eyes started to tear up from the pain. He told me my nose looked great, that I shouldn’t smile big for another month (or the tip would start to droop), and that it’s still really swollen and will be much prettier after the swelling goes down. I smiled and thanked him as a tear ran down my face (lol, from the pinched nose), and he was gone. Dr. Suh is really busy! I think so busy that many other patients are going with Dr. Lee as overflow. But Dr. Suh is really good too, so I can understand as well. Dr. Seul is really busy too, so I was very impressed with his bedside manner and that he still took a lot of time with me pre and post op. Both Dr. Seul and Dr. Suh get excellent reviews from me.

So after the consults, I walked out to the lobby and a guy (I never found out his name) told me in English that we were going to the pharmacy together to get my prescription. I told him I had no idea that he and Yumi both worked at JW as English translators and he told me Yumi is leaving soon and he’s taking over. I wasn’t sure if that meant for good or for vacation. So FYI to ya’ll at JW, this guy may replace Yumi. :sad:

That’s my experience with PS in Korea. I think it went really well and I’m very pleased and have no regrets at all. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or seek advice!

Cheers.

Are you considering rhinoplasty perhaps then?

I might consider that if I can get a good price for the jaw reduction with it

I had osteotomy done and I was wondering why my eyes didn't get blood/broken capillaries in them.

I have all these thoughts in my head like
"what if theres no change at all? so many people had those blood things in their eyes and i have zero"

Either hes a good surgeon or there wasnt much of a change? Does anyone know?

Thanks

I would say that it depends on the surgeon´s skill. ^^
The nasal bone is very thin and it´s easily fractured - and If he cut the bones precisely, the bruising should be minimal, since he doesn´t fracture the surrounding structure.
And everybody is different, just because other people experience blood stains or something like that in their eyes you must not get them. I won´t doubt too much and wait until the cast is removed.

Yes I am considering rhinoplasty as well as eyes. ^^ Oh I see. But doing jaw reduction at the same time as rhinoplasty is hard...breathing would be difficult :P

Chapeau to those who have the courage to do that. :biggrin:

May 2013
SportsKnight - (May 1st - May 20th) - Male -
Green Hood (May 2nd - May 16th) flight confirmed, accommodation paid, translator booked, (kakao confirmed) **Male**
Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)
Chloe (May 10th - May 18th)
Shhshh (May 10th - May 23th)
Signalz (May 13th - May 26th) flight booked **Male**
Schlok (14 - 28 May) *Flight & Hotel confirmed*
Yoonson (April 18 - May 23)
Xel (May 19th to June 8th) **Male**
annhatesyou (May 15th - June 19th)
jhxzhang (May 23rd to May 31st)
imfoody (May 26th - June 8th)
Yuenny (May 30th to ________)

June 2013
Rhinosaurus (June 1st - June 13th) Consultation only.
Meliwaa (June 11 - June 28) Flight booked
Plasticbuns (June 13th - July 9th)Ticket booked!
Lexethan (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Tickets Booked! **Male**
hyong (mid June) **Male**
Thumbelina 123 (June 16th - June 26th) Tickets Booked, translator booked, kakao confirmed
Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.
Janersmaners (towards the end of June)
Crystallinesnow (end of June)

July 2013
JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.
Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.
turningpoint (14July - 28July) Hello hello!
ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!

August 2013

Hey JJ001. I am going Seoul in July this year too for eyelid surgery. I would love to have someone with me. Whats app me? 86110030. Thanks!

Comtempating
1) Teuimp Dr Kwon
2) BKK Dr Shin
3) Bandoeye Dr Cho

HI Turning Point,

I am flying from singapore too . yes JULY too! on the 10th.
Whats app me. 86110030
Hopefully can meet up and drink pineapple juice together!
ahhahaha!

I have booked highland on 10 to 13july @ [email protected]
66 000 won per night which i think its quite reasonable.
You can consider.. =) below is a summary that i have from somewhere.
Sorry i read quite a number of forums so ya.. hahaha

How to go?
Take limo bus 10 000won.
Airport to Sinsa Dong.
Take a cab 5000 won to hotel.

10 min walks to Apgujeong Subway and Sinsa Station.
5 min walk to yummy back ally eateries
Bring to a laundry place just a 5 min walks down the road towards BKDY building.
5min down the road towards BK and across the street to find a salon called Juno Hair. KRW10,000.

Cant find pineapple juice that area