BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

travelingstil, thanks for all the information, and your results look amazing! I have heard some interesting reviews about Dr. Hong but I will still consult with him when I am there. Also, how painful was it the first couple days on a scale of 1-10? I just wanna mentally prepare myself for when I wake up from anesthesia what to expect. I am afraid I might have anxiety or freak out or something.

Do many Caucasians get double jaw surgery in South Korea? I would start my own thread, but I don't yet have privileges as I am a new member. I live in the USA but I'm considering getting double jaw surgery, revision genioplasty, and maybe fat transfer or fillers. I really love the look that South Korean clinic B&As have, but I wonder if the results would be as good on a white person? East Asians and Caucasians seem (in my opinion) to have different soft tissue/fat distribution on the face. I'm wondering if I could hope for similar results at a clinic like Faceline.

Anybody know? Thanks for reading this. I hope I'm not being a bother.

I have a friend who is caucasian from New York who had 2 jaw surgery with ID Hospital and he's happy with the results. However I do not recommend you get any fat grafting or fillers if you are having 2 jaw unless you are having this around the eye area as your swelling will be very severe, there will be too much pressure from the swelling so definitely not be suitable for fat graft or fillers and I doubt the doctor will allow this either.

Alar base reduction, aka Alarplasty is a very common procedure in Korea. Every clinic that offers rhinoplasty or tiplasty will have this procedure available.

May 2013
Chrisalexander - (30 april - 1st june) - **Of course Male** -
SportsKnight - (May 1st - May 20th) - Male -
Green Hood (May 2nd - May 16th) flight confirmed, accommodation paid, translator booked, (kakao confirmed) **Male**
Go2Kr (May 8th - May 25th)
Chloe (May 10th - May 18th)
Shhshh (May 10th - May 23th)
Signalz (May 13th - May 26th) flight booked **Male**
Schlok (14 - 28 May) *Flight & Hotel confirmed*
Yoonson (April 18 - May 23)
Xel (May 19th to June 8th) **Male**
annhatesyou (May 15th - June 19th)
jhxzhang (May 23rd to May 31st)
imfoody (May 26th - June 8th)
ms.rochelle (May 28 - June 15)
Yuenny (May 30th to ________)
Miso soup (May 17th - May 30th)

June 2013
Rhinosaurus (June 1st - June 13th) Consultation only.
FunnyPiyo ( June 2nd - June 22nd) flight booked!
Meliwaa (June 11 - June 28) Flight booked
Cix123 (June 13 - June 27) Flight booked!
Plasticbuns (June 13th - July 9th)Ticket booked!
Lexethan (June 15th - June 28th). Confirmed and Tickets Booked! **Male**
hyong (mid June) **Male**
Thumbelina 123 (June 16th - June 26th) Tickets Booked, translator booked, kakao confirmed
Soong sister (June 18th - July 5th). Bought air ticket.
Janersmaners (towards the end of June)
Crystallinesnow (end of June)

July 2013
JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.
Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.
turningpoint (14July - 28July) Hello hello!
ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!

August 2013

Mem, all the best for your trip planning, you have an exciting journey ahead of you! :smile:

Dr. Hong has strong opinions of what he thinks is necessary/beautiful so it depends if you like his "style" of work. Some other doctors will give you exactly what you want, unless you ask for their opinion.

The pain was only bad right after the surgery. It's a dull pain, feeling compression from the screws and repositioning of bones. The initial waking up was an 8 and then it went down to a 5? By the time the anesthesia wore off I didn't feel any pain, probably because they injected painkillers into the drip so the pain didn't even last a day for me. The hospital gives you extra pain killers in case as well as antibiotics for a week.

After the surgery they will give you antiseptic gargle. Make sure to gargle all the way up to the sides of your nose above your teeth where the incisions are. It will be bloody at first, then it will clear out.

They will tell you to swallow your snot/blood because coughing or sneezing puts pressure on the incision area. It blocks up your throat for the first few days. My nose also had clear discharge for a good week plus after the operation.

At almost 3 weeks post op, my cheeks still feel tender to touch but not painful. As the dissolvable stitches come out, there's more mobility. This operation has more physical restrictions during recovery than physical pain, so hopefully you won't have to worry too much about the pain part!

Thank you for sharing Chipmunk & glad it worked out for you.

Just wondering, reading your experience; I'm guessing Dr Lee does nose & facial contouring / jaw?

Thankyou :smile:

Dr.Lee specializes in eyes and Dr. Kim specializes in nose, but Dr.Lee's the only one who does osteotomy so he did my osteotomy.

I think Dr.Yang the head doctor does facial contouring :biggrin:

Yeah I think all doctors perform eye and nose surgery. But Dr. Lee is the only one who performs osteotomy, interesting for a doctor who specializes in eye surgery.

Oh is Dr. Yang is the one who does facial contouring? Do patients often go there for facial contouring, I haven´t seen a Before&After story of someone who went for facial contouring to Chungdam U.

Have spent few days reading the post and thanks everyone for sharing all the infos. Am planning to go to Korea for eyes & rhino surgery in late Sept or early Oct. Anyone going this period and maybe we could buddy up ?

O no, so that is this, I had hope it will be something which I never heard before. Thank You Monalisa :smile:

So far I am just waiting for my tlranslator to give me informations which I couldn`t find myself from Naver forum, and than I think I should have all I need to know to scheduled my trip to Korea for my face contouring.... I am still hesitate and afraid thought.