BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Well I emailed Regen and they replied, in Chinese though XD they just said a lot of stuffs I must fix...and they refused to tell any prices. The consultant said I must come personally in order to tell me the prices of the procedures because every patient is different, but she told me which surgeries I must have without seeing me in person?

Anyway, try this adress email, but write in Chinese if you're able to and they should reply. Maybe the consultant is more helpful in your case. :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TEUIM

With my translator Zoe I went for my consultation at Teuim. I met with Alice the consultant and Dr Kwon the surgeon. I showed them several photos of the type of eyes I was after, kind of elongated almond shape. Dr Kwon said he would do his best to achieve as close to this shape as possible. I didn't worry too much as I know from this forum he is a reputable doctor with many people writing positive reviews about him. He suggested I should have Ptosis revision, Epicanthoplasty (cutting of the inner eye) but not Lateral Canthoplasty (outer eye) as I didn't have enough space based on my eye socket as the most I had is 1.5mm space which I thought was sufficient. I then enquired about Acculift and Buccal Fat Removal as they had these listed as available procedures. Alice the consultant also recommend that I have liposuction too. There are no reviews for any of these procedures with Dr Kwon so and asked Alice how many times Dr Kwon has performed this procedure, she replied many many times. I don't know why but I asked this same questions 3 times but phrased differently, she assured me it is very common at Teuim. Alice then gave me a price but she did break it down. I thought it was too expensive so I haggled and she wouldn't budge for ages, however for all the procedures (including Lateral) we agreed on 9.1million KRW which I thought was a bit pricey especially for the eyes but I wanted the best so was happy to pay this. Surgery was scheduled for the next day. After surgery I was a bit giddy but came round fairly quickly, Zoe was already waiting for me and as usual helping me with everything. My face was completely bandaged up with sticky plaster and I was wearing a compression garment, the point of this is so the tissue will re-connect with the muscles and reduce swelling, if I didn't wear the garment or have the bandages I would have air pockets in my face after the swelling goes down.

As I was staying at Highland Hotel it only took 3 minutes to walk back with Zoe who also helped me buy the meds from the pharmacy between Teuim and Highland. I am aware from my last surgery that I need to flush out all the local anaesthetic asap so I drank 6 bottles of water which helped enormously.

Zoe came with me to my check up. They removed all the sticky plasters and compression garment. My chin felt damp and to my horror they had BURNED ME quite badly. I could clearly see a large patch of my skin was missing and the burn wound was seeping. Dr Kwon said this happened because the compression garment was too tight, I didn't believe this excuse at all. I have since learned that this only happens if the doctor turns up the Acculift rod too high due to INEXPERIENCE. So this is the first lie I have caught the Teuim consultant Alice out on, Dr Kwon is NOT EXPERIENCED in this field.

From that day on I had to go back to Teuim twice a day to have my dressing for my burn on my chin changed. Of course it was a real pain, sometimes my day would need to be planned around 11am and 6pm, this went on for 2 whole weeks. Sometimes I would get really angry while I was there and asked again and again why did this happen but still he gave me the same fob off answer, the compression garment was too tight, not once did he admit he made a mistake and not once did he apologise. However, what I can say is everytime I went for dressing change he would come out of surgery to see me and check on progress. All clinics are closed on Sundays but Dr Kwon asked one of his head nurses to open up on Sunday so she would change my dressing, either I'm really important (I think not) or they are in a bit of a panic that I may write a truthful review on here. Yes after much thought I should do the right thing so you guys can make an informed decision.

I also developed a large indent on the left side of my face on day two, similar to a deep dimple but near the masseter muscle, it looked really ridiculous soI went back again to Teuim with another April forumer. Dr Kwon put two fingers from one hand in my mouth and the other hand he smoothed out my cheek but not gently, it felt like he was using all his force, OMG that was incredibly painful and as Zoe wasn't with me he couldn't explain that he was about to do this. After 3 attempts the dimple went away. However after 3-4 days it came back but not as deep.

Also on Day 3 I went on the Teuim website and looked at their prices, I could clearly see I paid over 2million KRW more than what was advertised so the next time I had my regular check up with Zoe I called a meeting with Alice the consultant. Alice said these prices are no longer on the website and they removed the price list before Christmas last year. She went on to say the prices have since gone up and that I got a good deal (yeah right). As soon as I got back to my hotel I could clearly see the prices were still on their website and they took the price list off the day after that, so that was LIE NUMBER 2!

As with any surgery you should obtain a Medical Certificate, it will state what procedures you have had, when you had it and a company stamp. I asked Alice for this and she said she would type it up. Shortly after she handed me the envelope and I said you listed all my surgeries, eyes, acculift, buccal fat removal and lipo, she replied yes of course so off I went. Back at the hotel I decided to read it as I had lost trust in her. Yes you guess it, she only listed eyes on the medical certificate, no mention at all of the other procedures, of course because I have a 3rd degree burn on my chin and a large dent on the side of my face, how dare she, lie number 3! I scribbled all over the certificate and went back the next day, demanded she typed up what I had written. I sat and waited for it as one of the other girls go to it. Finally I had the correct certificate. Without this I wouldn't be able to sue them if I choose to go down this road later on.

I should also point out that when I go for dressing change for my chin Dr Kwon would sometimes check my eyes and on two occasions without any warning he would put an ice cube to my eye lid for no more than 10 seconds and inject a needle straight into the suture line. Huge pain I can't even describe! Apparently I have hypertrophic scars (bumpy raised scar) and this injection speeds up recovery. To be honest, it didn't, I still have them now.

There is another doctor at Teuim, I don't know his name he never introduced himself, he just appeared one day and started help clean my wound and change my dressing. On the very last day I asked him to explain how this could have happened and to my shock he told me the truth, he said, when we inserted the rod through your chin we misjudged how much tissue you had there, as you didn't have enough tissue and the rod was set on high your skin just disintegrated as soon as the rod was inserted. At last I had an answer, why did you lie Dr Kwon???

I had surgery on 10th April and today is 17th May so it's been 5 weeks. My eyes are still a bit swollen so I won't post a picture yet but I can tell you they do NOT look like the elongated almond shape I much wanted, they just look round but I was told it takes 8 weeks before I can see the final results so I am being patient. I do admit even now they look better than before but nothing like my photo I showed the doc.

As for my chin, the seeping has stopped and the colour is a purple red, it's very very dark and will take up to a year to clear and even then it may not so I could potentially require paying for laser treatment. I'm currently using a burn scar cream. I've posted a photo of my chin when it was seeping because I don't want anyone else to go through what I endured. Although I know that what happened is not life or death and I don't wish anyone any harm but I am a stick for telling the truth even if it's not easy to read. I'm not down or depressed about it but I am angry at being lied to and of course a huge inconvenience to cover my chin every time I go out.

You can see quite a lot of swelling around my chin and face which is normal. The photo below is approx 3 days after the 'burn accident'.

[​IMG]

Ouch. How can a doctor make a big mistake like that? I'm glad you still decided to post on here to let us forumers know what happened to you. I hope you have a quick recovery!

\Wow wow wow HKP! Sorry for your experience. The burn looks terrible. That's why I've been hesitating having Acculift/lipo on my part. Firstly Acculift isn't popular here in the USA and it was invented here in the USA. So if it's not popular here, there must be something wrong with it. Secondly, if I lose my face fat, when I am older (like in 40s and 50s) I will regret it cause it'll make me look older and have that gaunt face without fat....so I hesitate a lot on having lipo/Acculift on my face.

When I went to Teuim in March 2013, I also pointed out the English price list because the consultant gave me at least 10% higher than the list price. She also said the same thing, the prices had gone up since Jan 2013. I also heard this from another forumer. Anyway because I showed her the price list, she lowered the price for me and said the doctor never gave out such low pricing as this.

He did my lower bleph nicely..couldn't ask for more, but my upper sub-brow lift, one eye I like it. The other, not so much. After 9 weeks, my left eye has an indent between the eyebrow and the upper eyelid....FUGLY. You can only see it up close and under sunlight. Indoor, I almost never see it. My left upper eyelid, it's a bit swollen still. I keep hoping when it goes down, the indent will go away (I am still praying for it):sweatdrop::sweatdrop: If not, within a few months I might ask him to do revision on just that eye, hopefully he'll see what I'm talking about. I think if he lifts the skin a bit closer to the nose, it'll fix the problem. But also, the whole upper left eyelid is swollen still (it looks like it has lots of fat on it and I hate it!) while the right one looks totally fine.

i also feel like he didn't lift enough, but sometimes I see my eyes in the mirror and think "wow they look good". It's weird, after 9 weeks, probably they are still not stable.

Again, sorry for your experience. I also saw the other younger doc who never says anything nor introduces himself.

Oh dear.. It is so sad to see how people turn when things go wrong and choose not to take responsibility. I'm sorry you had to go through all that :sad:

HKP, you have been so courageous through it all and it's good you were able to get all the surgeries you had there listed on the certificate for future use. You had the fight in you to make sure they couldn't keep lying to you anymore.

Teium has been on my list for lateral cantho and fat injection for the upper eyelid. However to see how they lied when things went wrong is quite shocking and disappointing.

You're such a trooper and have already made it through till week 5. I hope that your body can continue to recover at it's best as you continue taking good care of it.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is so helpful and very much appreciated.

Hey travelingstil, you wanna have fat injection to upper eyelid? Why? Do you have that doll-look eyes? are you an asian? is it true when you get older you get that doll-look eyes bc of missing fats? I thought this only happens with Caucasian?

Hi msrochelle

I can't say anything about jessica as I have never contacted her.

I also didn't plan to hire any translator as in the first place, I had contacted zoe, but she was not available, and I was thinking that I would surely be able to handle everything myself... let alone the fact that I could probably save more money for more clothes or cosmetics ( I don't wear heels hihi)

I finally decided to consult with chungdam U for eyes, and needed a translator, I tried hiring nicole,she was free.I am glad I did :smile:

soon, I will write full reviews when I am less tired :smile:

Hi monalisa,

I am Asian but the doctor said I have western brow bone which is more protruding >.< it makes me look older than my real age and tired as I've always had thin eyelid skin as well and not much fat in the upper eyelid. My lateral canthal fold is also quite prominent.
It will only get worse with age so it's something I need to plan for.

And yes, as people get older their upper eyelid hollow will tend to become more obvious.

Hi I have a question:
Do any of you have metal screws or plates in your face and gone for cosmetic facials like ultrasound, RF treatments, IPL, or thermage?
I'm concerned if this will be a problem as I have metal screws/plates. Thanks!

Hi Sporty123,

Thanks for asking. I was there alone. The pain after waking up was like having a massive headache + tooth extraction times 10. I had mine done at Wonjin.

Hi

Anyone flying from Singapore this month or during June/ July? I'm looking for a person to buddy up.

I think we can't state our email here. So, if anyone is interested, kindly pm me :smile: I'd love to have a travel companion.

Thank you! :smile:

HI everyone,

i am going to korea this coming july and will be expecting to do zygoma and mandible surgery along with enhancement of my eyes.

A few of my shortlisted clinics are:
Wonjin
Item
Grand
Regen
JW
I.P.S (for high frequency masseter reduction, an alternative to mandible surgery, i am new to this does anyone has any experiences to share regarding this procedure?

basically JW and wonjin are the most responsive clinics in term of customer service.. but i will be seeing the doctors personally in July before deciding.

Any recommendations or suggestions are most welcomed! :smile:

Hi Jennylicious!

Nice to meet you! It´s cool that you´re interested in High Frequency Masseter Reduction and I´ve also heard of I.P.S. but they´re a agency and not a clinic itself.

You will be brought to Dr. Koh for your surgeries. Here is the website: http://www.ips-kr.com/eng/ad_sponsor_detail_id1.php

And his clinic is called Petitnoble I think. There´s only a Korean version of his website though. ^^

Regards

Oh man, thats freaking disgusting behaviour from Teuim. You should launch some sort of legal case against them, thats got to constitute malpractice of some sort! At least get an apology from them. Its quite unbelievable that he'd suggest it was the compression bandage that did it. Did you point out that you didn't set fire to yourself at any time in the last couple of days? I think you'd notice that. I hope that the scar won't be too visible, stay strong HKP and all the best on the rest of your healing!

Hey
Sorry to hear one of your eyes isn't as good as the other eye. For me I heal a lot quicker on my right side than my left, maybe you are the same. I suspect after 9 weeks you still have internal swelling, try putting on a cold pack twice a day on the puffy eye I'm sure it will help speed up recovery if not you've lost nothing except a little bit of time.

I'm glad you told me about Alice the consultant spinning you the same line regarding the price list, I wonder how many other people she has been dishonest with, beggars belief especially as she knows I'm active on this forum.

There were other girls in the April group that also had acculift with other clinics and they are happy with their results. What I still don't understand is why Alice requested I should also have lipo, I thought Acculift melts the fat and the body will naturally take it away or am I wrong? Did I get tricked into a procedure they either didn't do or didn't require, I guess I will never know if they actually did it. If you are still dubious about this procedure you could always try threading, every clinic will give this some fancy name like V3 lifting or Magic Lift but they all amount to the same thing, face lift with threads. Another girl from the April group had this done, the results are similar to Acculift whereby it tightens the skin around the jawline and eliminates any sagging under the chin.
HKP