BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

thanks moonspiral for this new info! i have the same issue as you, i have a very long and wide chin as well and been looking for a surgery to reduce it. please let me know if you find more information on this procedure! and I shall do the same! :biggrin:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Annhatesyou,

Thank you for your post regarding clinics in Seoul. i am also heading towards Shimmian Clinic and VIP. You're in Korea? Best of luck with your surgery. i also added you to my contact list. Would you be able to send before and after photos.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Will do, have you consulted any surgeons at all?
I want a rhino and a chin reduction :sad:

Nope, not yet... i only sent my pictures to the ID, Regen, and ITEM clinic with my xray and they told me i needed:
ID- said mini v-line
Regen: 2 jaw surgery and v-line, or just v-line
Item: v-line T-osteotomy

Still doing research but I am planning to go to korea next year of Jan 2014... im also planning to do rhino and chin reduction! best of luck!

Can someone please explain the difference between a mini vline and a regular vline surgery? Have anyone ever got fat graft put over the eyes because of the lack of fat and multiple eye lids? I have multiple eye lids and i have very thin skin, I am asian, and this makes my eyes look very tired.

Also, do you guys think it's safe to get vline, rhino, eyes, and zygoma reduction in one go? I hope i'll be okay to breath, knowing I'll be swollen like a balloon!:roflmfao:

hahaha yeah from what i've read from others, it's not a good idea to have both rhino and vline together. having a nose surgery itself makes it hard to breath and adding that with a jaw surgery makes it even harder :hrmm: (youre going to have tubes in your nose and stuff PLUS you'll be swollen like a ballon lol) but they're people who do it all at one go like Peggy Heng who got it done at Item clinic.

Its probably best to get eyes and nose done or eyes and jaw together then nose later? I also heard if you change the shape of your jaw then the proportion of your nose changes to balance out your face.

Mini v-line (taken from ID's website):
eng.idhospital.com/face/images/face_0304_1.jpg

and v-line also includes the jaw line to be shaved down, also more expensive cause you're getting more work done.

Hey I will be in Seoul from 13 August till end of August, will time suit? :P

HELLO!! who are you coming with? is it your first time in korea? Hopefully I will have a better understanding of where things are since that is the ending of my trip. We can try to meet up august 13 or 14! My Kakao id is @saiaari, so give me a message and we can see what is up :smile:

Thank you for that information. I think I will be getting a mini vline..? We'll see when I get there. I'm going to consult with the doctor hoping that is a go for me to get all those done. If others can do it, I think I can manage. Thank you so much for the concern and I really do appreciate it :biggrin: I think the vline can't really do much for my nose. I don't have a typical asian nose, i have a hump and a weird butt tip, lol. So a rhinoplasty and vline is a MUST! are you going to korea? or have any work done?

Thank for your reply, Anitx. Wow, 10 days, that's much faster than I thought. You did incision I assume? Did the doctor decide whether you should do incision or suture or you? I did suture many years back and now they are almost gone, so I am considering do it again, but not sure having done that before would make things more difficult. Would you send me before and after photos?

Hi everyone,
I am now week 7 post op from cheekbone reduction and here to share the progress in healing.

The incision marks by my sideburns have faded a lot since using the scar gel I bought in Korea. Now I can tie up my hair and go out fine :smile:

There is still some stubborn residual swelling in my lower cheeks when I smile, which can last up to six months. However nobody can tell I've had surgery by now. My face looks skinnier than before, but the swelling in my lower cheek makes the face a bit more bottom heavy than before. I'm not too worried about that as it will go away eventually.

I have mentioned before the positive effects that I noticed from the surgery, such as having a narrower face and enhancing my other features like making my eyes appear larger. As the swelling goes down my face looks more balanced and slimmer but also longer. I have a diamond shaped face. At first I thought my protruding cheekbones made me look tough and older, and surgery can make me look a lot younger, but now that my cheekbones are reduced I see that my my face looks more feminine, but not younger nor older after surgery because after my cheekbone was reduced, it made my face look longer than before too which makes it look older, but the softer facial contour makes me look younger, so it kindof balanced out.

I still have a slight diamond shape face, but the cheekbones do not look harsh anymore. Im glad my previous face shape is retained yet enhanced through the surgery. People just think my face slimmed down. I'm glad that some of my cheekbones are kept because it keeps some volume in my face which is important to looking young. Overly reduced faces will look long, flat, thin and old, and it's important to know that once the bone structure is reduced its hard to fix it back. As you age, your facial bones will naturally get smaller. You still need bone to support the structure of your face, and can add more volume by fat graft or implant, but won't be the same as bone.

For aftercare, I am still wearing the compression mask at home. I was instructed to keep wearing it for 3 months when possible. I've gotten used to it but I do look forward to the day that I can just go without it.

I am still taking 1000mg of vit C and a bunch of other vitamins like ALA and MSM as recommended by another cotter to help with nerve healing, anti-inflammation, and as an antioxidant.

After this surgery I realized there are so many things that could have gone wrong such as sagging, asymmetry, over reduction, etc. Beauty is also subjective so it is very important that you have clear communication with the surgeon and have the same idea of what is beautiful.

Bone surgery of any type will be obvious and will alter the balance of your face. I am happy that I went with a more natural surgery. A big overhaul could have made me much prettier, but it could also carry just as much risk of me not liking it. My results didn't give me a "perfect" face, but I'm happy with the natural results and subtle improvements.

I can confirm that doing v-line or jaw surgery together with rhinoplasty is a total nightmare! It's hard to breath already with the severe swelling in the mouth and in addition the nose is blocked, it was really anxious sometimes.. like I was gonna be choked any minute

Hi , I am exchange student in Seoul. I want to have two jaw surgery. Did you know about the information of this surgery such as price, clinic, method ...? I had three consultant with Grand, ID and WonJin but I don,t choose any clinic : Buồn::