BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how necessary are translators? I'm planning to head to korea in late august but most of the clinics I've emailed say that no translator is needed to work with them... do most people get translators anyway?[/QUOTE]

I am new here too but had been searching high and low at different forum about information of plastic surgery in Korea, it seem that a lot of forum member in china forum do not suggest translator, the reason is because they think translator will get rebate from the clinic, and if the translator korea language commend not good, will actually misinterpreted your requirement.

And also nowadays a lot of Korean know English, maybe not very fluent but still can understand, especially those qualified doctor, their english all not bad. Some clinic even have their own translator. If the clinic you contract said that no translator needed then I think you don't have to hire one.

a lotta clinics have their own translators these days, ecpecially ones around gangnam or nonhyeon so i recommend you to save that money and spend it on experiencing some unique Korean stuff kkk if you still want a medical translator i may give you some info.[/QUOTE]

thanks, guess i'll skip the translator and spend the money on... food. :smile: do you know when you'll be in korea in august?

Oh Brian, what's your opinion on JW? and is it werid if I walk around Korea with bandage etc?:biggrin:

Have you done your surgery with them? I did have some review about them if you want let me know.

After reading some people experiences, I am glad to contribute back to this forum by sharing my own experiences.

In seoul right now & has just finished my body check up.

Went to 3 clinics for consultation with my personal translator Zoe yesterday.
Decided to do my surgeries with Regen tomorrow.

Procedures consulted: facial contouring & revisional eye surgeries.

Propose Clinic
This clinic was strongly recommended by Taiwanese & Hongkonger guide book. Perhaps it is because of their proficiency in mandarin.
I like the chief surgeon Dr Kim , he was friendly and I was very comfortable with the doctor. However, I am not so sure / keen on his suggestion for my eyes surgery. As this was my first clinic, I decided to get 3 sets of opinions before I decided on anything.

JW Clinic
I guess everyone has different experiences. I read many people in this forum had very positive experience with JW; in my case my experience was not so good. Even though Zoe has made prior appointment with JW, we waited 4hours before I get to consult with Dr Seul for my facial contouring.
Ok I talked about the good things first. Had a separate appointment with Dr Choi regarding my eye surgery; Dr Choi is really good, his explanation (coupled with Zoe excellent translation) is crystal clear. I find that his suggestion for my eyes are appropriate and spot on. Well if I am just doing my eye surgeries; I would have just pay the deposit and have him perform on me right away. Lol.
Now my consultation with Dr Seul for facial contouring is not so positive, firstly it was a long wait, I find him confusing and conflicting in his explanation. Given this, I cannot possibly bring myself to commit my life into his hands. Thus JW is out for me.
Then again, most of the receptionists & ladies working in JW are pretty. And I saw many many ladies coming to JW for nose augmentation. One of the surgeon I heard is very very very popular & famous for nose surgeries. So if you guys are in for nose surgeries; please reserve appointment with that surgeon way in advance & be prepared to wait long hours. If not put JW as your first clinic to consult if you do not wish to wait long.

Regen
I was impressed by their meticulous care & attention. From nurses to managers to staffs and surgeons; they provided the same meticulous care & attention. I felt safe and well taken care throughout my consultations with them. The nurses conducted CT scan etc to make sure that their surgeons can provide the best appropriate solution for my facial contouring.
I consulted Dr Lee for facial contouring he was very professional and provided crystal clear explanation and even told me exactly what he can and cannot achieve for my face shape. And I find that amongst all the surgeons I consulted, I find his suggestion most suitable to my needs and concerns.
For eye surgery, I consulted another dr (forgot his name) but he was highly recommended by Zoe. Anyway I am very comfortable with his suggestion for my eyes; his method is to do the minimum to achieve the best positive results for my eyes.

Now I saw some earlier enquires in the forum on whether a translator is necessary? I would like to share some of personal experience & observation.

In Seoul, most of the surgeons prefer and are most comfortable in their native tongue Korean. They are able to explain more in depth and clearly in Korean then English. Plus most of the clinical staffs and nurses cannot speak English well. Although most clinics have translator, do note that the translator work under that particular clinic thus their priority interest is the clinic and not you.

In my case, I decided to engage a translator because I felt that it is necessary for a native Korean who understand the ways in seoul to coordinate my 3 clinic appointments.
Also i have visited Seoul as a tourist before, in seoul; in simple terms unless you understand how to speak korean, at times it is like a duck trying to understand a chicken.
Also facial contouring is a very intricate surgical procedures thus I wanted a good translator who can translate all details to me in good English so that I can understand and not having to "figure or second guess" the surgeons.
It is stressful enough having to decipher which clinic/ surgeon is suitable for you etc and I certainly do not to add stress by having to figure out what the staffs are talking about or to navigate the way to 3 clinics in a day.

With Zoe, I am able to get to my 3 clinics seamlessly and understand all intricacies on the spot. In other words, I managed to save lots of time, effort and stress with Zoe as my translator.

Not to mention that upon deciding on the clinic to have the surgeries, there will be body check up; do note that most clinic staffs and nurses to doctors do not speak much English. It is very time saving and seamless to have translator explaining how to go about the body check up and it is assuring to have the translator explaining the test results to you.

I appreciate Zoe very much, she has been professional, warm, accommodating to my needs and concern. Most importantly, she spoke excellent English thus I am able to understand all the necessary for my surgeries.

It is possible not to hire a personal translator but it will be more hassle, stressful and time consuming.

Especially if one is performing multiple surgeries, it is good to have your own personal translator to help coordinate all things for u.

That's all for now.
Will update you after my surgeries.

hey there! nope i havent. have you consulted the doctors from WONJIN and JK?? :smile:

July 2013
JJ001 (01 July - 27 July) Flight & accommodation confirmed.
Planc (July 1st - July 27th) Male.
turningpoint (14July - 28July)
ChanelAddicted2 (14th July - 30 July) Ticket booked and waiting for hotel confirmation!
ffxlulu(July 26-Aug 14) flight confirmed, clinic confirmed
jennylicious (july 29th-august 13th) most likely going with wonjin clinic but contemplating JK. already in korea for summer holidays currently.

August 2013
HushBeauty (early in the month; 3 weeks)
LisaFelicia ( 13 August - 21 August; flight confirmed, clinic still tbc, likely to be JW)
jellybean0607 - Aug 21-29 - double eyelid likely with JW
Boyizzy (July 30-August 15) Flight confirmed, going through seoultouchup, ID clinic -Rhino,Double eyelid, fat graft, vline, zygoma reduction, dimpleplasty, and love bands
ninatam (August 16-September 2, flight confirmed, v line + zygoma reduction)
kiba (Aug 25-September 12)

September 2013
Fashion lj (11-24 sept ; Flight & accommodation confirmed.)
Clammie (end sep - early oct)
carakitty (02 Sept - 22 Sept) Flight & accommodation confirmed
cutiepiepie (26 Sept to 6 October, flight booked. Tip plasty and double eyelid, translator booked)

my kakao is pumpkinny! add me up. had to delete the previous kakao cuz there was some sorta error.

@JJOO1

hi, i hope your surgery went well! please do update us on your progress once you feel comfortable to do :smile: i will be doing facial contouring too and will value every single feedback available before going under the knife myself hahaha.

Oh one more thing. For those who are considering to do facial contouring, the recommended time (by the surgeons) is preferably 1 month. This is so that they are able to monitor your recovery progress.
Normally they will remove all stitches for facial contouring only on the 14th day. If you cannot make it for 1 month then it will be good to at least attempt to stay for 3 weeks or so.

same here. i will going to consult with Dr Park from OZ too. =) might planning to go mid of july. still budgeting ...

Hey I didn't consulted any doctors from them, but I happened read something about them. and I guess you will be disappointed since you are interested in them.

Wonjin seem is black listed in 2009-2011.11 by Korea Consumer Agency (total 12 plastic surgery are black listed) For JK and ID both have bad review in some china forum and korea forum. But all are still very popular among foreigner especially people from china. Their name are often appear to be the top 10 of most of the plastic surgery agency website.

I'm sorry, do you have the link to this list? I would be very interested!

Thanks! :smile:

Please don't take my previous message as criticism for any one seeking 2 jaw surgery. I agree that people can be downright rude and judgmental when it comes to appearances, and would never criticise anyone who chooses to go through with it to improve their appearance.

It's just that it's a big procedure, with a lot of downtime and physical and psychological recovery, which sometimes I feel clinics will gloss over. For many though, it will be well worth it, as long as you are prepared. After all, this is a pro-surgery forum!