BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

January 2013
sorbet0408 (2-17th) - Confirmed
sWalloW (6th - 19th) - Confirmed
shockingpinkz (7th - 26th) - Confirmed
cyntoronto (6th - 21st) - Confirmed
JQ132006 (11th - 26th) - Confirmed
miso soup (7th - 20th)
momo2013 (12th Jan - 7th Feb)
TP11957980 (15th Jan - 2nd Feb)
pppmmm (1st - 16th)

February 2013
EevaLeena (Feb 3rd - Apr 20th)
apples. ( Jan 30th - Feb 17th)
Cherrykiss (Feb15-Mar 15)
onlyif (Feb 18th - 1st March)
sesamekiss (27th Feb - 12th Mar)
Cher87 (Feb 14th - March 8th) postponed from Jan to Feb due to unforeseen circumstances

March 2013
spartakooks (7th-16th)
R3Gg13 (22nd Mar - 4th Apr)
bella147 (26 march - 6 April)
Cherryzz around 24th
san ard mar.
angiebellex (28 March- 7 April)

April 2013
SeekingBeauty (5th April - 14th April)
avagoddess (25th April - 12th May)

May 2013
Go2Kr (May 8th-May 25th)

June 2013
Lexethan (June 15th); planning to stay for 2 weeks.
Janersmaners (towards the end of June)
Plasticbuns (1 month)
Crystallinesnow (end of June)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buccal fat pad removal very risky and not recommended, you're going to need that fat later in life.

What should I do then? My face is literally shaped like an hourglass because of the fat on my lower cheeks. I don't have full cheeks like my mother. My cheeks are only fat right around my jaw, like a chipmunk or a hamster with food in its mouth. When looking at my face from the front, you see my cheek bones a bit, then my face tapers in and goes out again because of my cheeks. It's like I just got my wisdom teeth removed.

I can push my cheeks back or up to show my jaw, which has a nice V-shape, so I know it's not my jaw bone. A doctor suggested cheek augmentation and a chin implant once, but my face is so big already...

Sorry to hear what happened.

When you cancelled the first time, they ate the anesthesiologist fee, no big deal because you're getting another procedure done, but time is money, so that means they lost another surgery time slot that could have been scheduled in. If you cancel again, they have to eat the anesthesiologist fee completely and forgo another opportunity to schedule someone else who could have had the procedure that day.

In that context it's reasonable for them not to return the money. And they're basically telling you don't book it unless you are 100% sure. And not sure if they said it in Korean or English, but when Koreans speak English it can sound more direct and blunt then how they intend it to be.

If every clinic had a 100% money back cancellation policy without any restrictions it would be unfair to not only the clinics, but everyone else who is sure they want surgery at the respective clinic. This would create an appointment squatting problem. Meaning, I could give just $300 deposit to 5 different clinics and book a surgery date at all five, and if I decided to cancel I get all my cash back. If a lot of people did that. It would suck, so to discourage that they put the financial burden on you.

The following analogy is parallel in terms of time, frustration and opportunity cost. I know you can't compare surgery to tutoring, but bare with me.

On the side, I tutor Korean business professionals in presentation and job interview skills, and since Koreans work crazy hours they only have free time late at night or on the weekends, so I sacrifice my nights and weekends, and put my personal life including my GF on hold to make some cash and help these people. It's OK because I'm being compensated for my time. Sometimes they bail at the last minute, if it's a one time occurrence - I refund the money. If they come back to me and say, I'd like to book another appointment, I'll tell them, I'll keep the cash if they cancel again. Why? I lose my Saturday by canceling plans with friends and my significant other, but I also said no to other people who were interested in being tutored at that time slot.

Know your upset, I think it would be fair to have a 2 week notice policy with 90% refunded, but glad to hear the rhino at Chungdam U went well.

Very difficult to know what's going on without photos, CT scan and doctor suggestions because you are not 100% sure how your skeletal structure is pushing the soft tissue. Other factors could be masseter muscles (helped with botox), buccal fat, and or jowl subcutaneous fat.

Also are you at an ideal weight? I dropped 8 KG and my cheeks became more slim by shedding subcutaneous fat. If you are already at an ideal weight this might not be the case.

From what you described it sounds like jowl subcutaneous fat, if so then you might be candidate for "jowl liposuction" instead. This can work if done by real pro, but risk is unevenness.

Buccal Fat Pad often changes cheeks very subtlety, especially if it's done with the recommended conservative approach by a pro who has frequently done the procedure. It also depends on your age. Long term, when you age the fat pad could help your cheeks not look hollow or "gaunt" (we loose facial fat the older we get). Having full cheeks is a sign of youth and my GF in fact did fat injections to have more fuller cheeks, so if you are in your 20's, you'll have the face you want in your 30's naturally. If you take out too much of the fat pad, then when you hit your 30's you could look a lot older or have a gaunt look, and be spending money to inject fillers.

Thank you for such a helpful reply!

I am 100lbs at 5' 2" (45kg, 157.5cm). I was 95lbs last summer, and my cheeks were still the same.

Yes, that's what the doctor said when he saw my pictures. He said it looks like I have flat cheeks and subcutaneous fat and said I should get cheek augmentation and micro liposuction... but I wonder how much that would cost! And to be honest, my cheeks are already very uneven. I'm actually alright with the way the left side looks, but the right side bulges out oddly. I guess I really just need to have a thorough consultation.

Yeah it's hard to tell without seeing.

Go in for a couple of face to face consultations near your area. For web consults take few high resolution photos without makeup, have good lighting, and single color background (like a white wall). Take a front, side, and 45 degree angle photo. Make sure these are head shots, meaning closeups. Your entire head and your neck should be in the frame (think passport photo).

Make sure your lips are closed and in a natural state. Then you can send these to various clinics to get a basic idea. See what procedures they recommend, then google, and see if you can find before and afters with people with similar results (don't limit your search to Korea) take in a wide sample. But nothing beats face to face, CT Scan, and doctor actually touching your face to get a better idea.

Average USA price for cheek augmentation is $3,200

Average USA price for jowl liposuction (based on chin lipo price) is $2,475

These averages include minor to invasive procedures. In Korea you can expect the above prices to be at the high end, and a lot of places offer something lower than this amount by 20% to 45% lower.

I have a question. Out of all these rhinoplasty doctors, has anyone gotten a procedure done by Dr. Paik? I've been told he's one of the best rhinoplasty doctors in Seoul, Korea.

Dr. Moo Hyun Paik : 101 Plastic Surgery Clinic http://www.ps101.co.kr/language/index1.jsp
Dr. Young Hwan Oh : O & Young Plastic Surgery Clinic http://koclub.com/
Dr. Myung Ju Lee : VIP Plastic Surgery Clinic http://www.vipps-clinic.com/
Dr. Man Koon Suh : Jung Won Plastic Surgery Clinic http://jwbeauty.net/
Dr. Jae Hoon Kim : April 31 Clinic http://www.april31.co.kr/

Did anyone tried before?
I enquire about their laser treatment is kinda more expensive than in SG.
Any good skin clinics to recommend?? very little on skin clinic in this forum...
I am going for eyelid surgery ..thinking of doing some laser too but duno receommended anot..

I don't think Id is reliable because I heard they switch junior surgeons when u sleep and that's scary