BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Thank you! I will heed for your advice :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg! Please do not go to ID, I have read too many failure cases for 2 Jaw surgery/V line/cheekbone reduction from ID, don't just look at the B&A from their site or good review on the net, search for bad reviews fron them and you will be shock!!!

Hi all,

First time posting here. Trying to read as much as I can but it's so long!!

I've been doing some research on incision double eye lid surgery and medial epicanthoplasty and have been considering Wonjin, Oz, Banobagi and IPS. I'm leaning toward Wonjin simply because a korean local recommended it. :biggrin:

I'm planning to fly out around 8th October and will be staying there around 7 days. I was wondering if anyone was going there around the same time? I'll love to add you to kakao talk.

Also, I really want to hear some recent experiences so would really really really appreciate it if you would share your experience with me. My e-mail address is [email protected]. :smile:

Hi everyone!
Here is my post op update at 3.5 months:
During the healing process there were some tender muscles and nerves, and I would feel the tenderness when I chewed or yawned. By now most of it is gone and I am able to eat chewy/crunchy foods if I want.
I am also finally done with wearing the compression mask at the 3 month mark!! Yay!! Happy to report no signs of sagging so far, and the cheekbones seem quite symmetrical, much more symmetrical and harmonious than before the op.

I've been concerned about looking older after the operation, as I already have a mature face, but so far it seems that I definitely look younger than before, even though my face is less round and longer as my cheekbones are narrower.

The diamond-ness of my face shape is becoming less and less obvious as the swelling reduces. There is probably still some swelling, but I can't really tell how much is left, as it is no longer strange looking or in a way that bothers me. My temples and jaw are already very narrow to begin with, so after cheekbone reduction people have said that I look like I've lost weight. I've had to change my hairstyle to complement my new face shape, and it has given my face a much softer contour.

My previously large cheekbones do not overwhelm my face anymore, and has helped to bring out my eyes which seemed more deep set and narrower before because of the protruding cheekbones..

Photographs taken from front view look much better now because of better balance in my face. However, of course just having Zygoma reduction hasn't solved everything. My long face has become more noticeable when I tie up my hair in a ponytail, but it can be concealed by keeping a few strands of hair down to frame the face.

Overall though the benefits have outweighed the negatives greatly, and I am thankful that things seem to going well so far. All the best to all of you who are about to go for surgery or in the recovery process!

Hi Soong Sister, I will be going to Korea in September and have been seriously considering JW for my revision rhinoplasty and epi procedures. Could you please share your experience with me? It would aid me tremendously in my decision making process.

Thank you.

You need to research more, tbh I think anyone is mad to go to korea on their own and have double jaw surgery with no support in a country where they don't speak the language. 2 jaw surgery is very intense you do realize how serious that surgery is right? They make it sound so easy but it really isn't, even zoe the translator warned me not to do it.
It's the same surgery that people have over here in the west with years in braces ( though in korea they tend to do it the other way round, surgery first braces after) faces like balloons and liquid diets, Its not simple - I think you'd need family in korea to have something that intensive done imo, for your safety and sanity.

Hey Makeover, Hi, have you seen the video reviews by a transgendered black woman who went to ID on YouTube? She got excellent results. Check it out, if you haven't. Her name is trusunlight and she's from Washington. She'll answer any questions you have by email too.

For those who are going to JW for surgery and if it is a minor surgery please proceed with your choice of doctors. However for a major surgery which requires GA, please think twice again.I was one of the customer there. JW clinic do not have a very skillful anesthesia doctors. They only have one senior and one junior. Although the senior lady doctor claimed she has more than 20 years of experience. Unfortunately her experience is not good enough to cater for exceptional cases I.e. narrow airway . She almost get me killed instead of putting me under general anesthesia. To cut the long story short. She blamed me for a narrow airway and it is impossible for her to find. During the emergency situation, the doctor slit my throat and left a scar. End of the day I didn't get my surgery done. And I still have scar on my neck. I suffered pain and my throat was inflamed . Let's not forget I have wasted my money and my time in Korea apart from suffered emotionally and physical pain and scar on my neck.

Later I find out from another anesthesia doctor , it is not so much of the narrow or big airway as everyone of us have a different shape and sizes to determined whether they can put you under GA successfully. It is more of the skill of the doctors as well as the medical equipment to cater for various cases. Usually larger clinic is willing to invest the machine/systems that is same as the general hospitals to keep the customer safe while the plastic surgeon perform his surgery. JW doctors told me they did not invest in heavy equipment or sophisticated one that is a better alternative than the current method they are using. She personally advised me not to go to small clinic.

I argued with JW panels of doctors, and told JW's doctors that my ENT doctor gave me the approval for the PS surgery. I am in good health and do not suffer any abnormalities. On top of that I did two surgery in my own country and both are out under GA and I was safe and fine without complication. Luckily I did one operation which is successfully done two months before I went to Korea for the PS. JW can't argued much with me and decided to give me a refund for my surgery cost.

However, to get the full refund from the clinic is a hell of time, they will give you various reason why they delayed my refund.

I don't have a good experience with JW clinic since the first contacts. JW can't keep their promised on the deposit as well as pricing. I also have the same issue with WONJIN, when I decided to go back to wonjin to book for my surgery in the next few months, they double up my price when they saw the scar on my neck . One thing I learned about KOrea clinic they are not very good in keeping their promise on the pricing. So guys and gals out there be careful.

Why do I decided to post this in the forum instead of asking anyone who is keen with JW or WONJIN clinic to PM me . I have a few requests and most of them wanted me to post my personal story and experience to save the life of others.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Yours truly sounds like a terrifying experience and I hope you are healing well from any physical and emotional trauma.

I will be having revision rhinoplasty, epicanthoplasty, double eyelids, paranasal augmentation with cartilage and minor fat grafting to the chin under Local Anesthesia so I reckon I need not be concerned about the potential complications that may occur from General Anesthesia. However, JW's negligence with regard to your case does raise some red flags. :nono:

Hi ladies and gents!

I will be going to Korea from the first to mid September for revision rhinoplasty (tip plasty, deviated septum correction and alar base reduction), epicanthoplasty, double eyelids (already have double lids but I want a higher crease!), paranasal augmentation with cartilage and fat graft for my marionette lines and chin. I had my primary rhinoplasty (just tip plasty and alarplasty) in Singapore but it didn't go so great.. I wound up with a slightly deviated columella and asymmetrical nostrils.

Having read through all 488 pages of this forum, I have decided to book consultation slots with JW, O&Young and Chungdam U. Also considering booking appointments with Real, Migo and VIP. If anyone has any experiences or reviews to share with regard to the aforementioned clinics, please kindly do so! ;)

I started prowling through forums in April and I'd have to say that 5 months truly makes an insufficient amount of time for conclusive research. I wish I had a year to spare! :panic:

Hey Travelingstil, hi there! Thank you for your report. Glad to hear that things went well for you. If you don't mind, please answer this for my personal research. Are you generally in good health. Do you smoke and/or drink alcohol at all? I know you said that you appear mature in the face but are you young or older?

Welcome and good luck in your endeavor!

A question to those who had done two jaw... Did your alars get wider after the surgery? Is it possible to do an alar reduction while getting two jaw? I'm planning on two jaw in a couple of years but was wondering if it will widen my already wide alars...